Thread: Bridesmaid dress for sisters wedding

Bridesmaid dress for sisters wedding

http://www.alfredangelo.com/index.cf...0-DA77E21EBD65

here is the site for my bridesmaid dress. our's is going to be in burnt orange.

BUt my question is.... how long does it take to have a dress altered. the wedding is August 11th and I will be VERY VERY pregnant by then lol. I have ordered an extra yard of material to go with the dress for alterations. but I don't want to have it altered until I absolutely have to because I don't know how big I am gonna get or how fast I will grow.

anyone know how long it takes to alter it?

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

We had a similar dress for my sister-in-law's wedding in coral

It shouldn't take too long to get it altered if you call around and make an appointment a few days before the date and tell them of your situation. Do you know of any friends or family that can do alterations? If so that would save you a lot of explaining. But yeah I turned my dress in a week or two before my wedding for maintenance stuff and it was back in like 3 days, and that was through David's Bridal lol

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    We had a similar dress for my sister-in-law's wedding in coral

It shouldn't take too long to get it altered if you call around and make an appointment a few days before the date and tell them of your situation. Do you know of any friends or family that can do alterations? If so that would save you a lot of explaining. But yeah I turned my dress in a week or two before my wedding for maintenance stuff and it was back in like 3 days, and that was through David's Bridal lol

I should give the Alfred Angelo store here a call. All my family lives far away lol so they won't be able to do it since I won't be near them until the day before the wedding.... and while I love to do things last minute I think that is just a little TOO last minute even for me hehe.

I'm actually still waiting for the dress to get here. I don't even have it yet. but I'm hoping the only alteration I will need is some added material to the waist panelling to accomdate my belly haha

it took them 3 days to do a few of the dresses for the guys wedding & It was 1 day to do their tuxes

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    I don't have answers about how long it takes to get them altered, but just wanted to say what a pretty dress! It will be flattering on a pregnant woman as well.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

If you fine a little place to do the alterations, *someone that doesn't have a lot of dresses to do each week* they will be able to get alterations done in a day.
    For my wedding I had a sister that had a baby 3 weeks before my wedding and another sister that was 7 months along. Both had their final alterations 2 days before the wedding.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahved
    I don't have answers about how long it takes to get them altered, but just wanted to say what a pretty dress! It will be flattering on a pregnant woman as well.
    thank you. I hope it will be at least somewhat flattering. LOL I am afraid the two pieces of chiffon are gonna drape open across my belly and not close haha.

Pitc9..... perhaps I will look around at different places to do alterations. I just figured since it was an alfred angelo dress I should get it done at their store but I guess it's not nessecary. I suppose anyone that knows how to do alterations can alter a dress for a pregnant lady.

They did my bridesmaids' alterations in just a couple of days.

Pretty dress.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Um, allow/plan for extra fabric for your chest as well as belly. Better to have too much room than not enough, as it's easier to take a garment in than to expand one. A good tailor will be able to do the alterations within a day or two, given the simplicity of the dress design. Ask around, and try to find one who has done dresses to accomodate pregnant ladies before.

oh, shouldn't be that long. one of contestants in my pageant had to have her ooold prom gown altered, to a bigger size in the back - only took 24 hours.

but to beware, finding a matching farbic could be a problem - it took us to find right color/texture for two days, not alteration! sometimes you're lucky they do have your fabric you need ready there.

good luck!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

If you can find a place that is not too busy they should be able to do it in a day or two. (my parents own a dry cleaner, as does my aunt, and she does alterations) But definitely call around to see who's available. Oh, and the dress is very pretty too.

And I was thinking the same thing as what Karen said.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Well I ordered a larger size dress so I would have the extra room in the bust area. And I ordered the extra fabric with my dress so it will be the same fabric. it will come with my dress.. LOL I ordered an extra yard of both materials so hopefully that should be enough.