Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: *Gulp*

*Gulp*

YES IT HAS HAPPENED AGAIN!!!! Another one has totally stolen my heart and he is SO attached to me after just a short time. The people I work with keep asking me what the heck I do to these dogs to make them get so attached so fast.

I came in on Saturday to work after being out sick on Friday. I went into our Recovery room and stopped short when I saw this cute little (scared to death) face. I ran around like a little chicken with her head cut off to find out where he came from. Turns out some woman dropped him off at her vet with a false name and never came back for him. A member of the board already had a friend that was going to come in that day to adopt him so I didnt let myself spend too much time with him. But they didn't come in. So I let myself spend a little more time with him on Sunday. I let him walk around Recovery while I cleaned in there. He hadn't opened up to anyone yet and was scared to death. I kept talking to him and before long he was right underfoot and howling anytime I left the room. Then today I spent the whole day with him behind the counter. Now he's insanely attached and whenever I went to the bathroom and came back, he and Tyler would be crying and panting hard so stressed out. I called the board member today and she said her friend wasn't going to be able to adopt him afterall.

Oh geez, I dont know what to do. I really want him but I don't want to just act on impulse. His personality reminds me so much of Reece. He's so gentle and sweet and playful. Eeek, Ack!!!

Pam - you REALLY have to see this little guy.

Here's a pic I took of him really fast on Sunday. I didnt bring my camera today but I'll take more pics tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by aly
    ... I don't want to just act on impulse ...
    I am sorry, but I happen to like acting on impulse. Think about it a little more, then follow your heart. No one should fault you for following your heart.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

He's adorable Aly! As Fuzzy said, follow your heart!

Uh oh! What a cutie!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

GASP!!!!!!!!!!!! You post pictures of so many pupsters that really tug at my heart! I just don't know how you don't wind up with a home with 100 dogs living with you! I just cannot understand the circumstances surrounding him arriving at the shelter! Who in the world would drop him off at the vet and never come back! People just amaze me! What a precious face and I can tell he is scared. Oh I would love to give that boy lots of hugs and cuddles and, if I lived in Texas, he would no longer be homeless!!! Yes, Aly I am weakening. I know just from seeing Tyler and now dear little Spice (is that his real name?) that I would not be able to just walk away. I do hope that you will get to adopt him. He couldn't wind up in a better home, (unless of course it was with me and Bella! hehe! ). Please keep us posted!!!

Spice is simply adorable!!!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

What a cute lil puppy! Hope he finds a home soon!

I hope he doesnt find a home soon, then I'll take him! Actually I'll prevent him from finding a home and take him I'm on my way up there right now with my dogs. I'm going to let them all play together in the auditorium and see what happens.

Oh and Pam - my home is better than youuuuuuuuur home, na na na boo boo!!!! Hahaha, just kidding
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Oh my gosh what a sweetie. How could soemone do that, just leave him. You should keep him, you were supposed to be there for that dog.

Yah, Aly, you are darn lucky both Pam and I are so far away! I can just see the three of us elbowing one another to get to Spice. He sounds so perfect. I just love the little needy ones.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Originally posted by aly
    Oh and Pam - my home is better than youuuuuuuuur home, na na na boo boo!!!! Hahaha, just kidding
    Aly, of course you know we are demanding more PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES, and of course especially can't wait to see the ones with Reece and Lolly getting to meet little Spice.

He looks real sweet. I hope you get him

Mercedez my little princess.
    Chet, It's been a while but you have not been forgotten
    Ceasar&Cricket, your legacy goes on.
    Spark's, you are missed.
    Sugar&Spice , my dynamic duo of Shepherd Doggies.

ooohhhhh!
    Aly, if for some reason you can't get him, let me know. I live in east Texas and I fell in love when I saw his picture. Spice is such a sweetie!!

Teresa
    Mom of 5 dogs, 6 cats, a bird, and a donkey!
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291557495

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! How cute! I want to kiss his wittow faceie and kiss his wittow earsies and smell his wittow freeto feeties!!! He's absolutely adorable beyond words. Take him! Take him! Take him! Take him! Take him!

Either that or ship him here so he can bless me with his wittow self

Go for it aly!!! If he's that attached it sounds like it was meant to be!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!