Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP - My Baby Commodus 4/5/07-5/27/07

OMG!!!! Major LES here. This is just horrible. I am so, so sorry. I am at a loss for words right now. My heart truely goes out to you.

Rest In Peace little one.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I am so very, very sorry. My heart is breaking for you and little Commodus and his brother Maximus.

Pat with LES
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am so sorry to hear about your little friend Commodus. He was such a good little kitty and I am sure he knew how much you all loved him and enjoyed his company. He is watching over you from up above.

RIP dear boy. You are truly missed. Your parents loved you so and are very sorry this accident happened, but I know you knew they loved you. Play hard at the bridge and catch all the butterflies to your little hearts content.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I have been out of town and just got home... I am so sorry to read this. I admit, I'm crying. When you posted about getting Commodus a few days ago, I fell in love... I love orangie boys. And he was such a loving boy.

I have nothing to say except I am so terribly sorry.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I saw this this morning, but I couldn't reply. I am truly sorry for your loss of such a cute and sweet little boy. I am also sorry that you had to witness that tragedy. RIP poor baby Commodus.

OMG. I'm crying as I read your thread. My heart goes out to you. I am sooooo sorry this has happened. I am sending you a virtual hug. My deepest sympathies.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

OMG I am so sorry . How utterly horrifying.. I cannot even imagine the pain and trauma you are going through right now. What a beautiful little soul Commodus was. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing the photos. Absolutely heartbreaking
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Thanks to everyone for all oft he kind and sincere replies. I've just been a wreck all day. I was up until about 5am, I couldn't sleep - every time I closed my eyes I saw little Commodus, and I feel like we let him down. When I finally did fall asleep, I was woken up to Max, yowling outside our bedroom door for some love and attention - he has never, ever done that before. I feel so awful that he's now without his buddy, and I would love to get him a new friend, but I don't know if we can right now

The woman whose dog did this offered immediately to buy us a new cat. She feels awful, and was hysterical when we told her. We told her that our concern isn't about money for a new cat right now, and left it at that. I'm sure when she gets back from her vacation we'll be hearing from her again, and we'll decide what to do then I guess.

Medusa, I had read your thread about Kiara, and when this happened, that was actually one of the first things that I thought of. What really gets to me is the fact that both of our dogs were so wonderful with Commodus, and are so wonderful with Max...I should have never brought other animals in to this house, and assumed that they would be as gentle as my dogs are. I tried to do the right thing and separate them, but he's so little that he must have just slipped out.

I have never seen my fiance as distraught as he has been these last 2 days. He keeps crying, and saying that it's his fault, and that he can't get the image of finding Commie like that out of his head. I'm trying to be strong for both of us, but it's hard. I just want our kitty back, and I want this to have never happened. I was toying with the idea of asking the woman who we adopted Commodus from if we could talk about adopting his twin brother, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to speak to us right now, and wouldn't consider entrusting us with another animal. I guess I can't blame her

Thanks for listening everyone - it helps a lot

I'm so sorry that happened, how horrifying=( I had a little boy named Charlie who looked just like your Commodus and I lost him young too=( I feel so bad for you guys, it wasn't your fault.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Luckynumber7 -- I am so, so sorry. I don't know what else to say tonight. [[[[[hugs]]]]]
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7
    I was toying with the idea of asking the woman who we adopted Commodus from if we could talk about adopting his twin brother, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to speak to us right now, and wouldn't consider entrusting us with another animal. I guess I can't blame her
    It was not your fault! I can't believe she would make you feel as if it were. You obviously love your pets very much, and take great care with them. Accidents happen, and while it's a terrible terrible thing - neither of you are at fault.

Sending you some special prayers and cyber-hugs,
    Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

No, not all dogs are as good w/cats as yours are but that doesn't mean that you were at fault. HOWEVER, this "friend" was careless in her friendship w/you and negligent in not telling you that her dog could be vicious. I refuse to believe that she didn't know. Don't blame yourself, you have enough going through your mind right now. You've witnessed a horrible tragedy but you are not responsible. Lavish your other cat w/as much attention as you can possibly give him. You all need one another right now. When the time is right, another kitten will make a wonderful addition to your family and a great buddy for Max.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am so sorry about Commodus. Such a short life for a sweet boy.

Have those dogs been kenneled? You don't still have them? I'd take them to the vet and let the woman pay to get them out. This way the vet can observe and make recommendations. The next time it could be a baby.

Has the owner of commodus's family said anything? Hopefully she'll realize that this isn't your fault.

That terrier has problems and should be put down. I didn't think Jack Russels were naturally that viscious.

RIP Commodus.

Anne
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I that would hae happend to my cat, i would have grabbed a gun and shot thoes dogs. Then i would sue the owners.

The owner of the jack russell had a friend of hers come pick the dogs up at our house right away when we called her and told her what happened. After I found out that Commie had died, I stayed outside the house while my fiance went inside, and put the dog in a crate and brought her down the basement. I can't see myself ever actually harming an animal, but given the circumstances, I was seriously considering letting her outside, and letting her run away. I couldn't even look at her without feeling incredible anger. The dog was perfectly fine with us, and with our other dogs, but I guess just wasn't ok with cats.

I have not spoken with the woman who I adopted Commodus from. I plan on telling her, and I'm afraid she is going to hate me for this. I hope she realizes that if there was anything I could have done to stop this, I would have.

Reggie, I couldn't shoot 2 dogs, despite what they did to my cat. The 2nd dog did nothing wrong - he was only a 12 week old puppy.