Thread: Seeing the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow...

Seeing the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow...

The wait seemed like 4-EVER!!! Finally, I'll get some answers as to what my options are for my knee pain. I'm tired of being on pills all the time. They make me loopy (as you know) .

I won't be able to go to Charles' party tomorrow night . I really don't have the money. It'd be pushing it with just $50 to my name till the 3rd of the month.

Wish me luck guys!! I just hope I don't have to have knee replacement surgery.

Needle in my knee?? GULP. *starts to sweat* I'll probably pass out cold.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Prayers are on the way Donna I hope you find some relief without the knee replacement.

I got my MRI back on my neck and something is causing the vertabrae to push on my spinal cord....I am scared to death I am waiting to a referral to someone that knows necks.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

donna i had 2 cortisone injections in my right knee last spring, one in april, one in late may (after being a blasted fool and jumping up and down on a shovel while gardening, i deserved that dope smack). it smarted a bit, on a 1-10 scale for me it was a 6, the relief was immense and i was able to wait till july for my meniscal repair surgery. i kept looking the other way and talking to the ortho guy. my elderly mom got her first knee injection 2 weeks ago, she told me she wishes she'd done it 15 years ago.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

see I knew you would get some relief.......................whiner LOL

Love you Babe! glad we talked before you went in, and in a few weeks I will be there. Hugs and kisses.

Jas says better be ready to dance..........
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Isn't it better to know what your options are? I'd be looking forward to that. Good luck tomorrow, Donna!

Donna - when I saw the OS in February about my knees, he talked with me about injections of hylauric - joint fluid. He suggested that as afirst step BEFORE starting with cortisone injections. So you may hear about that as well.

Like you, I think I'll faint away with a knee injection; I can't even think about it without my stomach turning over and over and over . . . .

It's always good to learn about the options. No need to rush into decisions.

Seeing the orthopedic surgeon

Needle in the knee OUCH!! That part I would be dreading.. Hey best of luck & hope they can releive your pain..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Update

They x-rayed both knees. I have the early stages of arthritis in my right knee. He showed me my knee and the cartlidge under it. He said it was good. There was a small spur next to my knee, and when the arthritis that's in there gets inflammed, rubs against it. He recommended PT ( both ) 2-3 times a week for 6 weeks, hot/cold packs and Aleve for the pain. If it doesn't help, I'm to call him. He said I'm far from knee replacement (*sigh*). Cortisone is only just another temporary thing.

So, no needles or weeks of knee recovery!! WOOHOO!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh, sweetheart! I'm SO GLAD you don't have to go the knee replacement route! (I've been there!) What you have to do with your knees will be tough enough. Donna, I'll keep you in my thoughts as you go through this. {{{{HUGS!}}}}

That is such good news for you!

I have double knee replacements to look forward to; OS wants me to stick it out for 3 more years.