Thread: Misery...

Misery...

I have strep throat AND brochitis. I've coughed so much that I swear my next cough will bring up my small intestines. My throat is on fire and I have a very rough voice thats on the verge of going silent. I'm on day 4 of my 5-day-Z-Pac..... and feel worse today than when I started it.

And tomorrow, I have to drive 2 hours from home for a training session for my job. Tomorrow's training session is HUGE. I'm training with the #1 designer in the northeast and we already have developed a great rapport over the phone. Last thing I need is to feel (and sound) like a walking dead person

If this training goes well.... at the end of the month I'll get a $4,000 raise. Just a little pressure to put on my sick self.

I left work early today. My boss's boss sent me home this afternoon and told me to rest up for tomorrow, and that he'll stop by to see how the training is going tomorrow afternoon I cancelled my puppy class tonight.

I have cough syrup with codeine and will be taking copious amounts of it tonight to ensure a good night's sleep for tomorrow. I was already stressing about what to wear and such... and now I have to wear adult "diapers" because my coughing is so bad that well.... use you're imagination (go ahead, laugh, everyone else is laughing their butts off about it today!)

Oh, the only good thing is my daughter is taking pity out on me and offered to buy me a Rita's Misto for my sore throat

*HUGS* I am sorry you're feeling so bad. Good vibes your way!

Good luck with your training!

Wallow and sleep tonight, and tomorrow will be better!

This may sound silly but I have heard it works... To stop your coughing, try rubbing vicks salve on your feet (not sure if its the tops bottoms or all over), and put on some cotton socks on when you go to bed..... then let us know if it works!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

First I need some Vicks! LOL

Codeine cough syrup is starting to work its magic. No coughing the past half hour and I'm feeling all warm and sleepy. No couhing but I officially lost my voice, which hubby thinks is a hoot-and-a-half. He's doing everything he can to get me to yell at him (you know, like a little boy would do to his sister, where she'll say "Ma! He's touching me!" and he'd say "Am not!" Do men ever grow up??? ) my yells of protest is coming out as sqeaks.

Tomorrow, warm tea with honey. Take a bottle of honey with you if you have to.

After the training, home and to bed for the 3 day holiday - will that be possible for you? Sounds like just what you need.

Oh you poor thing!!! *hugs* (from afar and very virtual... You don't need to add pneumonia to that.)

That cough syrup with codeine is a blessing!!! (Wish i could get more, but the only thing my insurance will cover is over the counter cough syrup. I've been using what i have left sparingly and only for my worst colds.)

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Kim ~ I'm so sorry you're sick. Is there anyway they can reschedule the training session. Maybe I'm a germaphobe, but if I was the #1 designer in the northeast, I would gladly reschedule and important training session or order not to be exposed to strep.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

OH Kim!!! I hope you feel better soon!

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

I am so sorry you are sick. I feel for you, as I started with a sore throat and raspy voice (my boyfriend calls it sexy! ) and a cough on Monday. Yesterday it was a full on cold with stuffy nose, still coughing, and ear aches. Sounds like you have it MUCH worse. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Your comrade in the sniffles.... Donna
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Ouchie!!

So, I guess that means we can't TALK for a while???

Feel better, girl!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

SO?? What happened?? How did it go? How are you?

Ah, I forgot all about how it went yesterday. I was sooo close to calling out at 6:30 in the morning but didn't want to because I thought a bad impression was worse than how I felt.

I took oodles of sinus meds and went. Thankfully I didn't have to do much talking, and what I did say was very squeaky. I still can't talk very well.... Jen and Donna want me to call you so you can hear how pathetic I sound? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    Jen and Donna want me to call you so you can hear how pathetic I sound? LOL
    No thanks, I don't want to ruin that PERFECT image I have of you. (LOL)