Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Puddy is sick again. *UPDATE*

My Puddy is sick again. *UPDATE*

She has a urinary tract infection and of course, it just showed up now. She showed no signs of illness until I tucked everyone in for the night and she began to cry. She squatted in the corner so I knew. I gave her some clindamycin and a subQ treatment hoping that it might help to relieve some of the pain. I hate the emergency clinics. They rob ya blind and they don't know what they're talking about half the time. I put a call in to Dr. Lee but he's on vacation so I left a message that I'll be coming in early tomorrow morning and take my chances on seeing someone. It's gonna be a long night for my Puddy. Please pray for her. I've got so many sick cats that I'm punchy right now.

5/24: I just got off the phone w/Dr. Feeman. Puddy won't cooperate enough to give them urine or blood specimens so they're going to have to sedate her and keep her overnight. He said they could treat her symptomatically but if her other kidney is failing, they won't know and treatment will be delayed. So, poor little girl is going to have to spend the night there. He said he'd call me w/the results of the urinalysis tonight, so hopefully, he'll have some good news. Why does Dr. Lee have to be gone?
    Last edited by Medusa; 05-24-2007 at 02:52 PM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Poor Puddy, and poor you! I hope everybody feels better very soon and stays off the sick list for a good long while.

Oh, I'll be ok, I just want my Puddy to feel better. I can't stand to hear her cry. It breaks my heart. And w/Yodie and her ear infection, she's still crying a lot but at least things have calmed down somewhat w/the other cats. What a month this has been. I was home from work all day today except for about an hour. Why couldn't she have shown symptoms then? No, she had to wait until bed time. I just don't want her to be in pain. I can't stand it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Puddy

I"m so sorry for all your issues; my kitty has a bump on his shoulder that has me worried, too. So I can sympathize with your worries. I hope all your guys end up just fine.
    Barbara

*update*

I had to leave her. Dr. Feeman said that he hopes it's a UTI, given her age, but she had blood and blood clots in her urine and she vomited 3 times, so he fears it's her remaining kidney. She was VERY uncooperative when they tried to get a urine specimen, so they're going to have to sedate her for that. I'm to call later this aft. to see if it's UTI or if I have to leave her. The clindamycin that I gave her last night stopped the frantic squatting everywhere, so I'm praying that it's a UTI and not the remaining kidney going bad. Poor little girl has been through so much. I feel like I'm going to vomit myself.
    Blessings,
    Mary

My prayers are with you.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Healing thoughts coming Puddy's way. I'm hoping it's only a minor setback for your tough little girl.

Glad to read the clindamycin did it's job last night in stopping the squatting.
    That sounds like a good sign that you caught the UTI early.
    Will keep good thoughts on our end here for Puddy.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Prayers for Puddy....
    Nine is Fine!!

*update*

5/24: I just got off the phone w/Dr. Feeman. Puddy won't cooperate enough to give them urine or blood specimens so they're going to have to sedate her and keep her overnight. He said they could treat her symptomatically but if her other kidney is failing, they won't know and treatment will be delayed. So, poor little girl is going to have to spend the night there. He said he'd call me w/the results of the urinalysis tonight, so hopefully, he'll have some good news. Why does Dr. Lee have to be gone?

It sounds like Dr. Feeman has a handle on the situation. Will continue to keep good thoughts for Puddy.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

*new Updat*

Dr. Feeman just called and he said that the urinalysis does show an infection, so he's going to treat her w/clindamycin for now. She bounced back from the anesthesia and is actually walking around, so he said to come and get her, that it's better for her given her disposition. Her blood work will be back tomorrow and we'll know more. I'm just relieved that I can bring her home.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Great news, glad you can bring Puddy home tonight.

Another Update on Puddy

I just brought her home. She's on clindamycin for the UTI, an antihistamine for the URI, a pain med and a nausea med. I'm going to have to make a chart to be sure I don't over or under medicate her. She's not the least bit drowsy from the anesthesia, though, and when they brought her out, the vet tech said "I hope you have a carrier for her cuz she is NOT happy!" I looked at her and said "Puddy, you mad at me?" and she hissed at me. Of course, everyone laughed and that's the best sign I could've gotten. When she had no spunk at all is when I was really worried. So, keep fingers and paws crossed that all goes well over this long holiday weekend. As it is, Yodie goes in to see Dr. Lee on Tues. Ever since she's had this URI, all she's done is cry. He said he couldn't see a polyp but I swear this is the way she acted when I first rescued her and the polyp was in her ear. She was whiney and needy. After the polyp came out, she was so independent it actually hurt my feelings. So my household is not out of the woods yet, that's for sure. But at least things are looking brighter. My Puddy's home and that's a start.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Great to hear that Puddy's bringing the catitude!