Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More food recalls

More food recalls

Lick your Chops
    Lick Your Chops is recalling their Kitten and Cat dry food in the 4 lb. and 18 lb. bags with a Best By date of 4/29/08, due to the possibility this product may have been cross-contaminated.

Evolve
    Evolve is recalling their dry kitten food formula with the Best Used By date of September 13, 2008.

Owned by Booboo, Magic, and Shadow
    RIP my precious Panther, BooBoo, and Shadow. Mommy misses you!
    ------------------

My sweet boy, El, died because of this carelessness! When will this end? I read the labels on the food before I buy it now. I'm just glad Squeak wouldn't eat the food El was eating.
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

Oh Pawla, I didn't know you lost your sweet EL because of that!! That is just terrible!!

May I ask which brand he ate, and how you (or your vet) found out that it was from the food? All this is so scary! And with all these recalls going on and on, you begin to wonder which kind of food is still save!

Kirsten

This whole situation is just scary and sickening and now with some foods being recalled because of cross-contamination it makes you wonder if anything is safe.

------------------

Like I said earlier, I read EVERYTHING now. All Squeak gets is Fancy Feast fish & shrimp, and Whiskas dry. Oh, she occasionally gets her favorite, TUNA FISH. It is scary, especially when you've already lost one to this.
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

Thank you fragrancehound for the updates!! And my sympathy to Pawla for the loss of her sweet boy because of the food!! Makes you wonder how safe is the human food supply is....
    Nine is Fine!!

kb2yjx-Thank you. I wonder about the human supply also. I wish I had a better picture of El, but this was the last picture I had taken of him. I do have some of him with hair, but I'll have to scan them to my computer. maybe I'll do an El slideshow soon.
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

If you can, try and find the food called "California Natural" they have wet and dry food, and they're organics, and expensive (kinda) and they actually care about the animals they make the food for. They haven't been recalled at all yet and they're really good.
    I think even a human could live off them easily in an emergency o.O'
    It's what I use, and my babies are just hyperactive little sniggers, so I don't think the food is having any adverse effects. Unless you count their tendency to sound like elephants at night from their rampages.

^Boyfriend^.....^Me!^...............^Clover^...... ........^Echo^

Not more. I thought it was finally over.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Are California Naturals available in Knoxville, Tennessee? I've never heard of it. The money wouldn't be an issue. I just don't want to lose the cat I have left!
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

California Naturals is made by the same company that makes Innova and Innova Evo. I know many Pet Supplies Plus stores carry it.

------------------

El is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge Pawla , sadly one of many Pets who passed on too early because these Pet Food Companies cut corners.
    When I was out with my Aunt Joan Sunday I bought two Cans of Innova recommended by the Lady there and the Found Ctas loved it.
    It was Innova Turkey.
    And it was less than Science Diet or Iams.
    We will love seeng an El Sideshow and El is telling all his Angel Friends how proud you are of him, and how loved you are by him as well.
    And El will se you again.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

catmandu-I do know I'll play with him again! There have been so many NEEDLESS deaths because of this!
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

Here is the list of everything recalled on May 18th (today) from the FDA web site:

The following dry pet foods are involved in this recall action:

*DOCTORS FOSTER & SMITH LAMB & BROWN RICE FORMULA ADULT DOG FOOD, NET WT. 6 LBS. (UPC 25141 28244), 15 LBS. (25141 30074), and 30 LBS. (UPC 25141 06043); Date Codes: Best By Feb 09 09 and Best By Feb 26 09;
    *SHOP RITE REDI-MIXT DOG FOOD FOR DOGS, NET WT. 25 LB. (UPC 41190 00555), Date Code: Code C7107;
    *LICK YOUR CHOPS KITTEN & CAT FOOD, NET WEIGHT 4 LBS. (UPC 32976 25915), and 18 LBS. (UPC 32976 25925); Date Code: Best Used By April 29 08;
    *SHEP chunk style dog food, NET WT. 20 LBS. (UPC 41498 14142); Date Code: Best By March 14 08;
    *8 in 1 Ferret ULTRA-BLEND ADVANCED NUTRITION DIET, NET WT. 20 LBS, UPC 26851 00413, Code: C7072;
    *Bulk Lamb & Brown Rice Formula Dog Food, Date Code: Feb 09, 08, sold to one consignee SmartPak.
    *Health Diet Cat Food Chicken & Rice Dinner NET WT. 1.81 kg/4 LB (UPC 78198 01594), 4 kg/8.8 LB (UPC 78198 01599), and 8 kg/17.6 LB (UPC 78198 01585); Code C7072;
    *EVOLVE KITTEN FORMULA, NET WT. 3 LBS. (UPC 73657 00250) and 7 LBS. (UPC 73657 00251); Date Code: Best Used By Sept 13 08. Evolve has recovered 99.5% of the product from its distributors and is working with dealers to recover the remaining inventory.

http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/chenango05_07.html

I just heard on the radio that chicken feed had been contaminated, BUT the FDA said it was OK!!!! When will this mess stop! And how many more cats, dogs, and maybe humans will die if the regulations are mot tightened up!!!
    Nine is Fine!!