Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Just Put My Baby to Sleep

I Just Put My Baby to Sleep

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but my heart is broken. It's 3:45am and I don't know who else to "talk" to. I just came back from the emergency vets, where I had to put my best friend, Maxie, to sleep. My heart will never be the same without Max.

Cosmo, my other cat, woke me up at 2am to get fed. I got up to feed him and usually Maxie comes over to eat. But not tonight. I went into the living room and he was laying there unable to use his back legs. I knew it was serious and drove to the emergency vet.

They took an x-ray and his lungs & chest cavity were filled with fluids and his heart was enlarged. He was having serious trouble breathing and they had him on a ventalator.

I asked if there was anything that could be done and mentioned that my sister's Lab had a heart attack and lived. But the vet said that Cardiomyapathy is different in cats than in dogs. She said Maxie was in grave condition and there wasn't anything that could be done. She said if they drained the fluid, it still wouldn't help him.

So I chose to put my best friend in all the world to sleep.

I don't know what I'm going to do without him. He was my buddy and slept with me under the covers and in my arms every single night. He followed me around the apartment and sat on my lap. He was the best cat I ever had in the whole world.

I still can't believe this is happening. I don't know how I'm going to live each day without him. I want him back so bad.

I'm sorry Maxie. Please forgive me. I didn't know what else to do. I didn't want you to be in any pain. I love you more than life itself. Please forgive me buddy.

I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I'm so sorry that this happened to you and dear Maxie. You made the right decision for him and he will always love you for not letting him suffer. These will be some rough days for you but the hurt you feel now will gradually ease. You will always miss Maxie and feel stabs of terrible longing for him; although it may not seem so now, I promise it will get better in time. Keep the precious memories close to your heart.

I'm so sorry and sad to hear about Max. I know your heart is broken and your spirit is heavy, but you did the right thing and the kind thing for him. You were there for him at the worst possible time and made his journey to the RB a little easier.

You gave him a wonderful life, full of love and care; no one could ask for more. Play hard at the RB little Max, and remember your Meowmie loves you dearly.

(((((hugs))))) to you.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

I am so sorry to hear your sad news but you did the kindest and most loving thing for Max - you couldn't have let him suffer could you?

You are surrounded by friends here who understand exactly how you feel {{{hugs}}}
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I'm so sorry that beautiful Maxie has gone. It must be so hard to accept when it happens so suddenly. You were there to love him and help him when he needed you, there is nothing more that any of us can do.

Sleep softly beautiful Maxie. Watch over your mummy for us. She is going to miss a cuddler like you so badly.

I am SO sorry for your loss. It can be especially hard when it is so sudden and unexpected. RIP Max.

I'm so sorry. We all know here how much it hurts. We also know he's not in pain any more. You will always miss him, but your life is better for loving him.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

I am so sorry for your loss. I know that Maxie knew you loved him, and knows you did the right thing.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers,
    Crystal

I am so very sorry. Having to make "the decision" is the hardest one to make ever. You did the right thing by doing so and being there with Maxie.

RIP Sweet Maxie

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I am so sorry for your loss, it's never easy. (((hugs))))

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I am so sorry about Maxie(((HUGS)))
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I am so sorry to hear about your Loss! RIP Moxie!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

So very, very sorry for your loss. It is so very hard to let go. You did what was best and what had to be done. It seems to me though that having this happen in the middle of the night is much worse than daytime. You seem to be more vulnerable. I had to put my dear ferret Miko to sleep at 3:30 am on January 20, 2006. It was much worse for me than any of the others. In time your heart will heal and you will feel better. Hugs for you.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

So sorry (((HUGS))) You did what was right for Max.
    Emily with Snow, Cowgirl, and Chunky

I am so sorry to hear this news. How old was Maxie? Had there been any signs of illness? That is what makes this so hard, that it all happened so quickly and so suddenly. Mxie is feeling fine and happy and playing at the Bridge now!