Thread: House Of Horrors

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    "Maybe now, we've given these kids the chance of a normal life," Thompson said.
    I wonder how likely that is? Man, talk about a bad start. Very sad. I'm really amazed it went on for so long without someone intervening.

OMG That is awful. I know my mom wouldent do that to me.

He was nothing but good to her? YEAH right!! I don't know about the lady being bad, but not allowing your wife outside and jacking her up with drugs, yeah that's "good" to her. I feel really bad for those kids, 8 years old and cursing? Hopefully, they will be OK now that they are safe with normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    He was nothing but good to her? YEAH right!! I don't know about the lady being bad, but not allowing your wife outside and jacking her up with drugs, yeah that's "good" to her.
    My thoughts exactly! But you know how some mothers are...their son couldn't possibly have done anything wrong.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

If things were that bad, why did the guy's mother not ask questions about not seing the kids since 2005? Why didn't the oldest daughter ask why she hadn't seen them in 3 years? Where are these people who should be asking questions?? Pointing fingers at everyone else! OY!

I would definitely want to know more about why she was drugged...purposely or forced? If she was an addict, was she using when she was pregnant with the boys? Perhaps that would be part of the reason they are socially retarded as well.

Chance at a normal life...not likely. Even if they get them away from that dysfunctional environment, they will have lasting brain damage from lack of nutrition and nurturing.

ACK! And my mother wonders why I hate people...

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Language is formed at an early age. I have watched shows about "feral children" who can't speak because they didn't learn a language during the time our brains have the greatest chance of grasping it. (That's why most people struggle with learning a second language while children pick up on them easily.)

I wonder if they will ever be able to communiate now since they weren't taught to do so at an early age.
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

Quote Originally Posted by mugsy
    Chance at a normal life...not likely. Even if they get them away from that dysfunctional environment, they will have lasting brain damage from lack of nutrition and nurturing.
    That is what I was thinking too. I also wondered if the mom was on drugs while pregnant and came to the same possible conclusion that you did. They will need lots of love and some therapy and even with all of that there will be scars. It seems to me that no one was looking out for them at all. What a messed up family system.

This story just seemed like the most bizzare thing I'd ever heard of.
    Most posters seem to blame the mother in some way, but I don't think
    that's right. This guy forced drugs on her & kept her in a zombie like state.
    He probably didn't want to deal with her our his children so he could keep
    his gambling room open. I feel bad for her & even worse for the poor kids.

It might take years to overcome their mental, emotional and health
    problems ,if ever.

quote:

" Dove, 45, plied his wife, Tamara, with prescription painkillers, cocaine and crack, and forbade her to go outside, police said. Thompson said he did not expect the 37-year-old mother would be lucid enough to be interviewed for weeks".
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt