Thread: House Of Horrors

Hybrid View

How sad. Poor kids. Hopefully they will get them in school and they can start getting an education. I wonder why they did not investigate earlier if numerous complaints were made. 4 years is an awful long time to live that way.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

"We have had reports in the past, and the nature of the reports are currently under review," agency spokeswoman Marilyn Matheus said. "It's too early to tell what exactly happened when."

How long does it take for these people to do at least a door knock check ???? I think a lot of the blame should be attributed to the Dept of Soc Serv. The least they could have done was to take a look.
    This is so sad what happened to those poor kids.
    Wom

Another story that makes us all wonder what goes on in this world we live in. If there are people living like this that we're hearing about, how many more are out there? It's very scary

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah

Another story that makes us all wonder what goes on in this world we live in. If there are people living like this that we're hearing about, how many more are out there? It's very scary
    There's been a few here in Australia like that over the years to.
    One case was so bad, that the toddlers toes actually joined together with skin..... the baby had not been washed in so long....the feet took on a webbed appearance. And when they found the child (I think about 1.5 YO), he was in his crib, and hardly ever had been taken out of it.
    When they arrested the parents, they sort of shrugged as if to say "What have we done wrong ??" They were actually retarded.
    Terrible stuff.
    Wom

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004
    There's been a few here in Australia like that over the years to.
    One case was so bad, that the toddlers toes actually joined together with skin..... the baby had not been washed in so long....the feet took on a webbed appearance. And when they found the child (I think about 1.5 YO), he was in his crib, and hardly ever had been taken out of it.
    When they arrested the parents, they sort of shrugged as if to say "What have we done wrong ??" They were actually retarded.
    Terrible stuff.
    Wom
    Isn't there some way we can control who has children and who doesn't?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

It would be nice to think so, but....the law won't allow it.
    Wom

When I was a young girl, around 6 or 7, not quite sure, my mother went to Mexico with my younger brother and sisters dad. She left us in the care of their dads mother, who seemed pretty OK to me, until my mother left. She locked my older brother and I in the bedroom for two weeks. We weren't aloud to shower, play, go to school etc. We were fed once a day, a bowl of beans and one tortilla. One glass of water. Finally the school called social services wondering where we were. They ended up taking us away and putting us in Orangewood, a children orphanage type thing. Who knows what my mom thought of that women afterwards, but we never saw her again. Not that I was dissapointed. Thank goodness my mom was only gone for two weeks. You wouldn't think a relative would do something like that! Eventually we were given back to my mother. So these things do happen everyday. I'm just thankful someone had the right of mind to call and find out what happened to us.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

This is terrible, and I think both parents should be held accountable. It sounds more like a case of mental illness, or maybe that is just me hoping a parent couldn't be so sick and twisted. Poor children, fingers crossed that they can make a full "recovery" and lead semi-normal lives in the future.

I can see where you are coming from with that, but who would be the ones to regulate who could have children and who can't? Scary thought...

Has anyone read the book, A Child Called It? It is the first book of a true life story of a boy who was severely abused as a child by his mother. Its a trilogy, and I highly recommend reading them, even if it is a very difficult subject.