Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Weight Watchers

Well Done, congratulations, you should be patting yourself on the back and treating yourself to something special (not food) of course, but maybe a day at the spa or some new clothes etc,how about posting some before and after photos, they always inspire me, i am still battling on, i gained 2kgs over the xmas period and i still have not lost it, i need to loose that first then get on with loosing the rest, so i am in awe of you, and you have made me decide to get back on the wagon again, and get stuck in,thanks for that, and again awesome.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Congratulations are in order. I know it is not an easy thing to do. No matter how many times I try to get on a regime of eating less, I can't seem to execute the plan. Actually I do eat a healthy diet and even not excessive until after dinner when I have to have one or two treats - which are enough to foil the best intentions.

Also what about your cholesterol level? Have you seen a reduction since your weight loss?
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

There is a ticker in sirrahbed's signature that says 85.8 POUNDS LOST! Wowie, WOW! Congratulations and way to go, Sirrahbed!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Whoooohoooo, Sirrahbed!!! You go, girl! HaPpY DaNcInG FoR YoU!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed View Post
    I am at my goal weight! It took until March 2008 rather than the end of last year, but it is here.

The chart now tells me I am "normal" body weight, but I do not see that in the mirror - maybe never will. But, I do feel healthier and can get around the block really quickly and not at all tired. I *must* get some sort of exercise going when the weather breaks. I am also wearing many of my old clothes and need to get a few things that really fit

Anyway, I wanted to share this victory here - and hope to hear from others who are working at it.
    WOW Debbie!!! What a major achievement!! How many pounds did you get rid of in total??

I am on WW too now, since January. I have to loose at least 20 kg, doctors orders! I weigh far to much for my back . At first I kept going down and back up. But now it starts working: I have lost 4 kg in total now!
    Still lots of work here
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Good Job Debbie. I have just about 10 days ago started a program here with a dietologist. I have to lose about 30 kgs in her opinion but for me I would like to lose About what you had to loss. I am doing pretty well so far and have lost 5 kg or 11 lbs. Not bad for 10 days. I was told the first 10kg maybe even 15 kg will fall away quick then things will get much slower.

How long in total did it take you to lose yours? My dietologist said it could take upto 2 years to take it all off. How are you doing now with maintaining? Has it been difficult?

Great job...you go girl!!!!

Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I got on the scale the other day and almost fell over, although I wasn't surprised considering my awful eating habits lately.

I've decided to go back to WW. I lost 30 lbs last time years ago (before I moved to MI). I had been on Jenny Craig, and while I lost 40 lbs on it, I put the weight back on fairly quickly.

I believe in WW. It shows you how to eat the right foods and portions and lose weight without being hungry (especially if you love veggies as much as I do) I sound like a TV commercial, but it's true.

I may need support this time cuz I'm older and it's more difficult to lose weight the older you get (keep that in mind you young things!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

somebody brought back my old thread

ES, I followed Weight Watchers and went to meetings for the first year and this last year stayed WW essentially out of habit and added on charting everything I eat at Dailyplate just for the ease of it. Lut & Michelle, I have lost a good 85 pounds now and it took me almost two years.

Yes I am pretty proud of getting it off and so far I am losing a bit more while adding back some things like chocolate and peanut butter that have set me back in the past.

The best thing I notice is how easy it is to roll over in bed I also discovered that I can both run and hop. Well not real spectacular but I do know there was a time when even hurrying was impossible and I absolutely could not clear the ground with a bounce. My running is something of - as in - a few steps but I would still call it running. For whatever reason, I tried the hop on the way in to Lowes a week or so ago and was stunnedSo, I tried it a few more times right there in the parking lot. Must have been a sight!

My wardrobe is still jammies, sleep pants, tee shirts, capris and jeans. One of these days I will get out and treat myself to something new and cute.

Reading about the progress of others here has been so encouraging to me!! And yes, I will have to be brave and post some pictures.

A few weeks ago somebody posted a thread about paninis and since then I have been experimenting with them on the Foreman grill. Today I filled my bread with leftover grilled chicken, a slice of swiss and a handful of spinach (raw) leaves. I sprayed the bread with cooking spray and wow was it ever good!! Tasted much like the lean cuisine ones I love to buy.
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 05-27-2008 at 08:12 PM.

Your story truly inspires me ,but i still have not managed to move, i am stuck on this weight gain of 2 kilos, which i gained just before xmas, i still need to get that off and then work really hard to get another ten off which is my goal, i keep thinking in time for summer, but i never seem to get there, i always want to eat more in the winter and i think my sub conscience say's i can hide the weight with my hoodie's and jackets, and i allow myself to eat more, but then summer comes around and i panic, eat more and the end result is i have lost a big fat zero excuse the pun, i just have to motivate myself and let the programme and lifestyle kick in, i have not much to loose really, and i know i can do it, it was good to read your last post as it does help me think about getting my butt into gear and just doing it , once and for all.

You really should go for that shopping treat, you have well earned it, go on i dare you, treat yourself to something really different and cute that you would not normally wear, and i look forward to seeing your pics. keep at it, i promise i will endeavour to get back on track and do it to, nothing would give me more pleasure than to head up a thread, I HAVE DONE IT AT LAST, and post pics too. cheers.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Congratulations on your perseverance - the result is wonderful! (That's YOU, Deb!)

oh my gosh debbie i missed the pictures first time i posted, i am so in awe of you, YOU look fantastic, what a great job you have done, you have lost so much weight,WELL DONE, now go and treat yourself, you can wear anything, you look fabulous.
    Furangels only lent.

playing with grandkids!

Checking in here again! Amazingly the weight is OFF! It took two years but it is off and I still can't appreciate it fully I am tempted to lose a few more to round it to an even 100 but think I should resist that. I am still round but good enough.

When I first started recording my foods, I did it at a site called dailyplate and attended ww for a time. Anyway - I was looking back over at the info questions from when I started and there is a section where you write down golas. One thing I wrote is that I wanted to play with my grandchildren. It occured to me that now I have!! This week was my birthday and we went to a local shopping area that has a nice grassy fountain area and it amazed me that I was able to play. I swung my granddaughters around the way I used to like when I was little. Then, my oldest son put me up on his shoulders!! I don't think I have been up on shoulders since I was a little girl - maybe never I am not sure. Anyway, it was nice I now have a few pictures of "Meemaw" playing!! I am so thrilled In fact I think my daughter-in-love took a pic of that will have to ask her.

There are benefits to losing that I will hopefully still see. I have always struggled with weight and hidden from pictures and behind big clothes. I still like my big clothes and tend to hide from pictures - but I know I really don't have to

Healthwise, I had hoped to keep my cholesterol under control better because I am kidney patient with moderate to higher CRF (related to childhood stuff) and some kidney stones last fall, but able to put off needing cholesterol medication for now. Still on blood pressure meds, increase dose in fact but that is also kidney related though hopefully the nutrition helps with that too. But I feel pretty good most of the time! It disappoints me that the weightloss has not improved those numbers - but then I have to wonder what would the numbers be if I did not try to get them better?

How is the weight control doing with some of you out there? I know that there are lots of us who have to work at it, fail and then get up and try again. I love reading both positive and struggle stories and so thankful I have a few of my own now. Please share will you? I still write everything down because I know I will probably always have to observe what I eat. Oh and I had CAKE this week - my very favorite bakery BIRTHDAY cake!! A big piece with extra icing too Lets hear from you as it helps me too. OK?

ok found a few pics hope you enjoy - Tyler sure did I think!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rolling.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	40352   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	running.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	40353  
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 09-20-2008 at 04:47 AM. Reason: found pic

Debbie, you look *perfect*! Congratulations, and you are such an inspiration to me!

That's so great Debbie. You look amazing!
    I gained way too much weight while pregnant (and I wasn't exactly small to begin with). WW really helped me pull that pregnancy weight off!
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Congratulations - what a great goal to have set & achieved. You've probably added years to your life for enjoying those grankids!