This is from the Best Friends network:

6 mo. foster needed for 2 cats in NJ/NY/PA area
I am looking for a foster angel to help my neighbor. A recovering alcoholic of 14 years, he had one slip up, which cost him dearly. He now finds himself going to jail for a DWI technicality for 6 months on May 20th.

The issue.... his two tabby cats, brothers, who at 5 years old have led a charmed life. Our neighbor DOES NOT want to surrender his babies and is trying endlessly to find a 6 month long foster home. Not an easy task.

They are sweet but timid, and he feels that life in a shelter, cage or kennel would be too overwhelming for 6 months (and the cots have been $5,000-$6,000 which is beyond his means). He is willing to pay for their food and related costs (on a special diet), etc. and make a donation to the rescue group that would assist him. His main concern is the safety and care of his two strictly indoor cats. He loves these cats tremendously.

With time running out, he is in tears thinking that he may have to put them to sleep as he has no other option.

As his neighbor, and filled with fosters myself, I have tried to find a responsible person to foster . No luck so far.

Anyone in the NJ/PA/NY area willing to assist Buddy and Swirly until they can be home for the holidays? They truly need an angel.