Thread: Our home will be bulldozed down to the ground soon, even if we're still there!

Our home will be bulldozed down to the ground soon, even if we're still there!

I was just reading on Best Friends website about these poor cats. I went to the website : http://www.ageerescue.org/

and my heart is breaking. I saw the cats they rescued and I felt so bad for these 2 babies.

"Goldilocks" came to us recently via a local cat "hoarder" having the worst abcess our vet had ever seen! Her ear was swollen completely shut! She has had a recent, extensive surgery and is projected to make a full, unnoticeable recovery. Here she is seen with a bandage covering her right ear. It will be removed in about one week. She is a mature tortoise shell cat, fully grown and medium in size. She has an absolutely lovely personality and should fit in with just about anyone who can give her the TLC she deserves.

Here "Goldilocks" is before her surgery. You can see that our vet had her hands full, repairing the ear. Our hearts go out to her, but with a full recovery in her future, things are definitely looking up for her! Your help could do so much for her.

and you'll have to look at this one too: I'd love to adopt her if I lived closer.

"Thumbellina" and her "sister", Mini Pearl are two of the saddest rescues we've ever done. They came to us in dire need of medical attention, to say the very least! Thumbellina is only about 3 lbs!!!! and she is FULLY GROWN! A victim of severe malnutrition, her growth is permanently stunted. She will be perfect for anyone wanting a kitten forever, literally. She has a severe condition in her right eye, which is being treated by our vet, Dr. Lorraine Sellers! She couldn't be in better hands! If you want to make a difference in your life, this has to get you thinking! She is absolutely, 100%, no baloney, loveable and appreciative of anything she gets. W.O.W. This picture was taken when she first came in. Notice her right eye, scruffy fur and "rat-like" tail. Here, she looks like she's on "death's door". Below, you can see her recent improvement.

"Thumbellina gets better"- (below)

Here, you can see "Thumbellina" after she has received some major veterinary and nursing care. As you can see from these pictures, taken three weeks apart, she is greatly improved. Her right eye is much better, along with her fur, tail and ears. She will be receiving an eye surgery soon, which should leave her right eye in perfect condition. She is a good example of just how costly it can be to save a "little one's" life, as she has needed a lot of care and money! Again, she is a "Dwarf or Miniature" cat, since she was probably malnourished when she was young. We have a couple more cats her size etc. we got from a hoarder. One of them, "Harvest" is so kitten-like that we put her on our web page under "Kittens for Adoption"-- see that page for her.

Here is a little more information but I urge you all to check out the site and donate for these little ones and the ones they have yet to get. I donated. I wish I could adopt but I'm too far away.

Buried alive?

We hope not..........but, our home will be bulldozed down to
    the ground soon, even if we're still there! ........so,

WE NEED NEW HOMES!!

We are a colony of cats, abandoned because our restaurant "home" is closing.

WAYS YOU CAN HELP.......

Donate: funds to help us get spayed or neutered and for feeding, ongoing care,

and finding us some great, new homes.

Donate: cat bowls, litter boxes, cat "trees" or "condos," toys

Foster: or adopt one (or more) of us.........Please!!!

Remember us: in any future wills or bequests you might have

PLEASE MAIL YOUR "TAX- DEDUCTIBLE" CHECKS TO: AMWFI

4354 Town Center Blvd.

Suite 114-245

El Dorado Hills, CA 95762

Call Cindy, 916-939-0499 Fax: 916-939-4120

Time is running out for the precious feral cats of Pollardville

May 7, 2007 : 12:00 AM
    Three weeks to go...

By Christy Crabtree

With only three weeks left to save these animals before the bulldozers move in and stamp out their lives, Cindy Minghelli and Agee Memorial Wildlife Fund are working tirelessly to rescue the remaining cats.

So far Cindy and her group have been able to round up 33 however last week more babies were found from several litters indicating more still remain on the property. Not only does this mean they have more cats to get out in the short time left but the wildlife group is also in desperate need of funding. This is to help care for these innocent animals while they get them either adopted out or situated at the sanctuary that they are building on their property for those too wild to be put up for adoption.

The situation is dire for these animals and Cindy are group need anyone who can either help get the cats out or donate funds to assist with their care. These precious lives are depending on it.

What You Can Do:

For information on how to donate or volunteer, please visit http://www.ageerescue.org/
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 05-07-2007 at 03:01 PM.

I wish I could take in one of those Kitties and take them in.
    We are sending prayers for those poor Cats that they will be all right and find loving Furr Ever Homes.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

OMG!!! I use to eat at this restaurant ALL the time growing up. It was our favorite place for fried chicken. In fact the last time we were there was less than a year ago. It's sad that they are tearing (or tore) it down.
    It's even more sad all of these poor kitties that will lose their home.
    I think I'm going to ask my mom (they live close to Stockton) if she wants any kitties for her house. She currently doesn't have any. The only problem there might be is her current rescue dog might chase them and do who knows what to them. But I will run it by my mom anyway.
    Poor kitties.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I just hope they are able to get out all the kittens and cats before they start tearing the place down.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee
    OMG!!! I use to eat at this restaurant ALL the time growing up. It was our favorite place for fried chicken. In fact the last time we were there was less than a year ago. It's sad that they are tearing (or tore) it down.
    It's even more sad all of these poor kitties that will lose their home.
    I think I'm going to ask my mom (they live close to Stockton) if she wants any kitties for her house. She currently doesn't have any. The only problem there might be is her current rescue dog might chase them and do who knows what to them. But I will run it by my mom anyway.
    Poor kitties.