Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Update On Lady - LADY IS GONE.....

Update On Lady - LADY IS GONE.....

Well we just got back from Paws Chicago. Lady was tested for Heart Worms. IT WAS NEGATIVE!!!! I am so happy that is was negative...but now we need to go further to see what is exactly going on with her. The vet at Paws said she has a heart murmur. Her skin is a little yellow and her pulse is irregular. The vet believes it is something with her liver or splean, as her stomach is hard and feels like there is a mass there. So the next step is getting her in to my vet for blood work and x-rays. I have a little money saved up in a nest egg, but it is only about $150.00 and I was going to use it for the altering and vaccinating of Lady's puppies. They are all ready to go home, but have to be vetted first. So now I am not sure what to do. I am going to call the vet tomorrow and talk to them about payments or something. I still owe them money so I don't know what they will say. Any suggestions? I know this is going to run us some money...but I have to find out what is wrong with this girl. Thanks for listening everybody.
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 05-15-2007 at 05:17 PM.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

does your vet know lady and the puppies are rescues? sometimes a vet will give a break if they know that. and BTW, she's a beauty.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Quote Originally Posted by joycenalex
    does your vet know lady and the puppies are rescues? sometimes a vet will give a break if they know that. and BTW, she's a beauty.
    The vet knows they are rescues, but since we do not yet have our 501c3 they will not give us any discounts. They may take payments. Theya re closed today, so I will call and talk to them tomorrow. I am trying to find a way to raise some money for this. Like I said, I have some money saved, but I have to get the pups vetted so they can go to their new homes. That will bring in a little money too.

www.rornfp.org

Quote Originally Posted by Reachoutrescue

The vet knows they are rescues, but since we do not yet have our 501c3 they will not give us any discounts. They may take payments. Theya re closed today, so I will call and talk to them tomorrow. I am trying to find a way to raise some money for this. Like I said, I have some money saved, but I have to get the pups vetted so they can go to their new homes. That will bring in a little money too.

You are doing a great job with Lady and all the pups. This can be
    so costly for one person to rescue and vet the animals. I know cause
    I did it for stray cats in my area, till I had to stop all but feeding. I hope
    you manage to get the 501 statis, I know it would help. My vet (retired),
    gave me great rates to get shots,spay/neuter, etc. and even placed a
    few kittens himself.

I do hope this Vet can at least, give you a payment option.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    You are doing a great job with Lady and all the pups.

I do hope this Vet can at least, give you a payment option.
    Thank you Lizbud. It is hard, but worth it. I can only hope the vet will work with me. I will post an update after I talk to the vet in the morning.

www.rornfp.org

As a Pet Talk group, I hope we can all help this sweetheart. She's such a pretty baby and has never had a good life. I will be willing to help with what I can. Any more helpers out there?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah
    As a Pet Talk group, I hope we can all help this sweetheart. She's such a pretty baby and has never had a good life. I will be willing to help with what I can. Any more helpers out there?
    Thank you D & D for offering to help us. Lady really needs it and I know if she understood, she would be thanking you herself!!

I just got off the phone with the vet. He will actually be back in the office tomorrow, so they set up an 11:15 appointment for Lady....I have no idea how I am going to pay for it. I asked them about payments and they said it is up to Doctor Waylan...he is the head doctor and boss of everything. He is who will be seeing Lady tomorrow. They said people are more then welcome to call in and place money on her account just to give them my name and Lady's name as well. They don't care as long as they get paid, right? So now I am going into the vets tomorrow blind. I do not own a checking account, so I can not write a post dated check. I won't have any money til' Friday and the $150.00 I do have has to go towards the balance I already owe Lepar or they will not see her. So there it is. I am going to contact IMOM and see if they can help. If anybody has any other suggestions, please let me know. Do I reschedule the appointment or go in empty handed? I so don't know what to do. Thanks for listening to me complain, sorry for burening you guys with this.

On another note, Lady did very well last night. She seemed so full of energy and her gums looked a little better. She even ate very well. I gave her some chunked raw beef, some raw chicken breast, and a few chicken gizzards and hearts with Missing Link sprinkled on top. I had to feed her by hand for the most part, but she ate. She even played (for like 3 mins) with Benley, one of her pups. Today she is mopey again, her gums are a little lighter then last night, and she spit out almost all the food I tried feeding her this morning. I just don't understand. I was so happy last night and thought maybe it was depression...but I know that is not the case. Prayers are still needed. Thanks PT. Sorry for rambling on and on. I am just so stressed over this, and I am so worried.

www.rornfp.org

I hope for the best for this girl, Tracy. I am just seeing this post. I hope you decided to take her in with or without the money. Surely we can get some help going for her. Did you contact IMOM yet? I am so hoping the vet told you he would let you make payments. I think it goes without saying, she needs help right away. Are there any other rescues that might help? We need a Pet Talk miracle to happen here. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please keep us posted Tracy.

I am willing to donate what I can. I PM'd you. I just got your PM. I think ours crossed in the mail Can anyone help this precious girl have a good life?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I hope for the best for this girl, Tracy. I am just seeing this post. I hope you decided to take her in with or without the money. Surely we can get some help going for her. Did you contact IMOM yet? I am so hoping the vet told you he would let you make payments. I think it goes without saying, she needs help right away. Are there any other rescues that might help? We need a Pet Talk miracle to happen here. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please keep us posted Tracy.

I am willing to donate what I can. I PM'd you. I just got your PM. I think ours crossed in the mail Can anyone help this precious girl have a good life?
    I am still taking her in tomorrow. I am not going to let her sit like this. I have contacted IMOM as well, but with us being a rescue that does not have our 501c3 yet, I am not sure if they are going to help or not.

Lady ate a little bit just now. I gave her some beef chunks, at first she spit them out, but then I gave Dozer one and she saw him eat it....and then she ate it. She had about 10 chunks about 1 inch in size. She drank some water and is now sniffing around and following me everywhere. I am keeping her away from my dogs (Dozer was on one side of our safety gate and she was on the other) just to be sure mine do not get what ever she has. Now she is drinking more water. What a good girl. She goes right in her kennel too....which is where she is now.....okay now she is out. She is moving quite a bit today. This morning scared me, but now she seems a little better. I checked her gums and they look darker too. Can they just go from pale to pink to pale to pink like that? Lady loves the car too. I had to run some water bottles over to Dave (he's working outside today) and she followed me just about out the door, so I took her with. She loved it!

I snapped these pics real quick, couldn't resist.

Here she is in her favorite spot...in front of our front door! (excuse the mess, my boys came home from their dad's and just threw their stuff all over!!)

In this pic you can actually see how horriblely skinny she really is. She was actually excited in this one....her but was wiggling like crazy...I wish you could see her when she is excited, it is so darn cute!

And this is my absolute favorite picture of her ever!! I just wish it wasn't so blurred, sorry. She is resting her head on my knee, she does this all the time.

Well that's it for now. I will post more either later on today, but for sure after the vet's tomorrow. Please continue praying for Lady, she needs it. Thanks PT.

www.rornfp.org

LOOK AT THAT ADORABLE FACIE!!!!! Who could resist her? She looks happier today, Tracy. What a doll baby!!! I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers Please let it be nothing serious-let Lady have a good life for a change She wants to be around for her little cute pups

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Count me in! Got another pay day coming up...
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Brody's Mum
    Count me in! Got another pay day coming up...
    Thank you so much!! I will update after the vet tomorrow. One day, one paw at a time. Thank you so much guys.

www.rornfp.org

Poor beautiful Lady. If I had some money I would be sending it in. I hope there is something that can be done for her, and I wish you luck with her at the vet. You really are a wonderful person to take her and her puppies in.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13
    Poor beautiful Lady. If I had some money I would be sending it in. I hope there is something that can be done for her, and I wish you luck with her at the vet. You really are a wonderful person to take her and her puppies in.
    Thank you for the kind words. I really apprecite it. Don't worry about not being able to help Lady finacially, just please say lots and lots of prayers that everything goes well at the vet tomorrow.

www.rornfp.org

Just wanted to wish you well on the vet visit, Tracy. I'll be checking back for updates. I hope the vet finds that Lady can be easily cured of anything that might be wrong. She deserves to be happy and I would love to hear that she's eating good and smiling. Wouldn't it be great if she could play with those adorable roly poly babies? Again, Bless You for trying to save her and help her. Lots of people would have given up by now. We need a PT miracle!!! I'm keeping Lady and you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep up the good work!! {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!