Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Met Kenny Chesney! :)

I Met Kenny Chesney! :)

Hi guys! I HAD to tell you all this! Last night's concert meant A LOT to me... and I had a blast! 6 hours of non-stop country music over the radio, etc.

I met Kenny Chesney last night before the concert at Blossom....before I met him.. I watched Phil Vassar and Jamie O'Neal (I met her while I was waiting for my backstage passes) perform, and they were amazing. Afterwards I saw Montgomery Gentry.. LOL I caught their attention by giving them thumbs up. NOW all about Kenny - He was really nice and sweet. He was quiet, seemed shy, but he made me feel comfortable. He was definitely the "down to earth" kind of guy. I wasn't nervous. He gave me more time to talk than the other fans...My mom told him that I was deaf, and he asked "Deaf?" (He shouted that to my mom in confusion and repeated it again) and he kept holding my arm in his hand, and didn't let go until the end. LOL his hand was kind of cold. My mom told him that I got my hearing back few years ago and his concert was his first I was going to, and he was FLOORED and amazed. He was happy for me... He turned around and looked at me with a serious look. He said "Wow, get out of here! You're kidding me! Hey, let me give you a hug!" and he pulled me in and hugged me really hard and smiled.
    After that, I gave him my drawing I drew of him and he took it. He
    thought he was supposed to sign it, but I stopped him. I told him he didn't have to sign it, because it was for him! He
    said "thanks! it looks cool." He was amazed how good I drew of him. He signed my Country Weekly magazine and on it, it says " Rachel, I hope you had fun at your first concert!" - Kenny Chesney, and he signed my "No Shoes, No shirt, No Problems" CD and it says "Kenny Chesney, July 2002". I asked him nicely if he would sign my brother's hat and my mom asked him to sign my other brother's ticket. My brother was SO mad because I met him, and he didn't. But he was happy enough to have something he signed..My mom took pictures of him hugging me, signing my magazine, and him standing next to me, posing. (two pictures of me posing with him, I think) My mom had me take a pic of him with her, too. She hugged him and thanked him. After I met him, I was in shock, LOL. I went "Mom, did that really happen? Cuz' I think it just did"..THEN! I had 6th row tickets, and I caught Kenny's attention during a song by waving, and I gave him a thumbs up and smiled, and he smiled and pointed at me. I even caught a big orange ball during the song "How Forever Feels". I held onto the ball, so no one would try to take it away from me.. Now that ball is deflated, lol. I am going to FRAME it, along with the cd cover and magazine. My pictures I took during the concert, I hope will turn out great..I want to make a "scrapbook" but not sure what I will title it.. (ANY IDEAS??) During the near end of the concert, my mom asked this staff member if she'd let me go up to the first row to take few pictures of Kenny up close.. and she did! THAT was awesome! I will show you all the pictures when I get them back in few days! *sigh* I LOVED EVERYTHING.. especiallly meeting him the most. WHAAAAAAAAAAT an amazing night! This was my very first country related concert and whew, it was awesome! I can't wait for my next one someday

* And you if you were wondering on how I got backstage and met him? My mom did it all for me, it was a surprise, and I got completely floored afterwards. She kept in touch with a lady who was in charge of meetings, etc. at a country radio (99.5 WGAR) My mom told her about me and how Kenny Chesney and country music was a big part of my life, and that I was deaf until 3 years ago, I had an surgery and that helped me to hear, and I wear a device that allows me to hear 95% of everything. She was impressed and amazed and she wanted me to have the opportunity to meet him, and I did! *

- Rachel
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I moved this thread here, as it really has nothing to do with dogs ...

Congratulations! I am glad you had such a positive experience at your first concert, meeting such a big star!

Congratulations!! It sounds like you had a really special night. I'm so pleased for you.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Wow!! How cool is THAT??!! Congratulations on such a wonderful evening! Sounds like you definitely deserved it It's nice to see that some stars can seem really down to earth and friendly. I've noticed that with a lot of the country music artists. That's why I've really gotten into the country music the last couple of years.
    I've only been to one (American) concert, and it was country! LOL I went to the Girls Night Out last year to see Martina McBride, Reba, Sara Evans and Jamie O' Neal. It was fun...but definitely not as great of an experience as you had! Your mom sounds so sweet!! I can only imagine the adrenaline rush you must have had that night! Awsome!

**hugs**

You have me all exited! LOL. My heart is pounding and everything! I coudl tell you were exited about it! You must be so happy! I ma glad you got to met him. SOunds like you had way to much fun.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Ahh Rachel you devil! You just become a fan of somebody, go to one concert and meet them! I've been a fan of U2 since I was 11, been to 3 concerts, and didn't get a glimpse of anyone outside the concert! lol. Lucky! Wow, that is just amazing, I swear I would faint if I was in your position. It sounds like he was really nice! I WANT to see those pics you took, and I didn't get to see the drawing you did of him either! *cries* Anyway, your concert experience just sounds TOO COOL to be real!

Lol uhh...I chucked some paintings my friend did at No Doubt...and it hit Tom in the leg...and he waved at us...lol close enough right?

!WOW! Rachel, that is so cool! What a sweetheart of a mom you have there, you are so lucky! It sounds like you had alot of fun meeting your favorite (star, does that sound right?!) star. I envy you! I'm not a big country music fan, but I know if I would have gotten to meet someone that I like so much, I would be in heaven!
    I never knew you used to be deaf. I've heard something about what you said you've had done, it's just amazing!!
    Anyway, I just wanted you to know how happy I am for you!!!
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Wow! It sounds like a dream come true. Congrats on the wonderfully unforgettable night.

Oh I bet that was so exciting for you, something that you'll never forget.

You lucky lucky girl....

*green with envy over here*

Glad you had a great time and Congrats on getting your hearing back! I didn't know that.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Rachel, how exciting! I am glad that you had a great time at the concert and got to meet your favorite star!

Hi! Woooooooooah, I still can't believe I MET KENNY CHESNEY! It's like, everytime I see him on CMT singing "Young", "The Good Stuff", or "Doesn't Happen Twice".. I stand right there and think "Wow, I met this guy. Huh!" LOL.. It's kind of funny. When he comes on the country radio, I blast up the stereo, AND I sing along.
    LOL Amy, you know, that counts, you got Tom's attention! I mean, you THREW a drawing at him during the concert...BUT to be honest, I DID NOT THINK I WOULD meet him OR get 6th row tickets! What more could I ask for my first concert experience?? I'll have to show you all my pictures soon! I'm hoping that they'd turn out okay!
    Hmmm, whoever said that I gave Kenny Chesney an impression of me being able to hear and after hearing my story, and that he'd have something to tell to people, oh.. ok, I think I started THINKING if he'd do that or not.. If he does, that is way too cool, hehe. I think he wll, to his friends/family, who knows? YOU GUYS see how high I am on cloud nine after meeting him?! I was so floored, and still am! I've got a lot of friends at school, and teachers (I'm friends with one, who's a big fan of country music and of Kenny Chesney... He'll be so shocked that I met him, all he knew was that I was going and I was going to be under the pavillion.) Everything was too cool to be real, it's like from a movie or something!
    Yeah, I have thanked my mom A THOUSAND times, she has been keeping this quiet for a month, she really had me worried that I wouldn't get good seats.. or even try to meet him. I love her so much for doing that, and I'll never forget that.
    Aww.. I'm having a withdrawl from Kenny Chesney, lol. Must... get.. cd.. player! - Rachel
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Wow! Sounds like you had a blast! I don't know what I'd do if I met someone I really admire like you to him. I probably couldn't speak and would end up looking like a moron..lol! Congrats

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I am soooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!! Sounds like like you had a blast and you deserve it.