Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: *updated**Prayers needed* for sassy. I think it may be over..

*updated AGAIN*prayers needed* for sassy. I think it may be over..

My dog is getting worse and worse. Today, was bad. She was crawling, using only her front legs. Nothing is working, at least nothing over-the-counter, and I don't know where to turn. There is no possible way I am making my dog suffer, and I may have to make the decision of putting her to sleep. My parents are very sad about this, they are going to call the vet, and maybe get our options. It may not be her back legs, but I was thinking her spine. Hopefully, she isn't too old for surgery. She's only NINE.

I am not here for harsh comments and critisim on how I take care of my dog. I know what is best for her, and if I am lead down the road of putting her out of her misery, then so be it. I refuse, to let any animal suffer, and even though this may be my baby, I may have to say good-bye.

Sorry, if I did sound a bit cross, but I have gotten some unwanted comments before on other forums, and I am just saying I will delete this thread if a rude comment is posted.

Thanks,
    Alyssa

PS I know PT prayers often work wonders, so this is why I am requesting them.
    Last edited by Alysser; 09-03-2007 at 09:19 AM.

Prayers sent.

Give her some scritches for Lady.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Was this sudden? I can't remember, did I miss previous problems? If she got injured she may just need to recover. Nine years is pretty young for a small dog, I hope she gets better soon.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Prayers for Sassy~
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

Paws crossed & prayers said for Sassy. I know you'll make your decision based on what's best for her. (((hugs)))

I'm so sorry Alyssa that Sassy isn't doing well. I hope there is some help for Sassy. Prayers on the way.{hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I sure hope noone would bash you as there is no need to. If they do don't listen to them. I know Sassy has been having problems for a while hopefully the vet will be able to tell you some good news. Nine isn't very old especially for a small dog but maye she has some bad breeding genetics (if you got her from a bad place). Please keep us updated.

I saw a German shepherd mix today at work and she could barley walk, I couldn't understand why her owners were keeping her alive. I'm sorry but if my dog was constantly limping around and barley walking I would have it put to sleep no questions asked.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I don't think anyone is going to bash you, you have been on here a long time and everyone knows you want the best for sassy.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Awwww I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope the vet has some good suggestions for you.

It is always a tough decision but I respect you greatly for being able to put your own wants aside and do what might be in the best interest of Sassy. Sometimes it is just not fair to the dog to keep them going when they are in so much pain and it can't be aleviated.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

prayers to Sassy and your family.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

prayers for sassy, and kindest thoughts for you and your family.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I had no idea about poor Sassy. I'm so sorry- my thoughts go out to you and Sassy.

Oh no, Alyssa! Oh god, please don't let it be over!

Alyssa, I know how much you love Sassy, and you take wonderful care of her. I am not here to criticize you. I am here to send you and Sassy my love, and prayers. I hope everything turns around very soon for Sassy... keep us updated.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I know you've been dreading this, Alyssa. I am hoping and praying very hard that the vet will find a way for Sassy to get better. Maybe it's arthritis and some pain medication will help her.

I certainly hope no one would bash you over this. Nobody wants to hear of a beloved family member suffering. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do. I'll keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Please give Sassy some kisses from us. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Positive vibes headed that way for Sassy.
    I hadn't known of any health problems with her prior to reading this. Poor girl.
    She'll be in my thoughts, and I'm hoping some options will come up!
    ((((hugs)))) to you, and give Sassy a gentle hug from me, will ya? =]

What happened exactly? It sounds like what happened with Bailey and he's fine.