Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing... Oreo! New photos, # 12

Introducing... Oreo! New photos, # 12

After my hubby has said forever "No more pets!" he's gone and done it. A man he works with has a shih tzu who has been living outdoors for a year or more (yep, in Arizona heat!) and has decided it's time he finally got rid of it. Instead of dumping him somewhere, or taking him to the pound, he asked my hubby if we wanted him. My hubby said yes. We're supposed to pick him up tomorrow evening (Thursday) after work.

He needs a bath and a haircut (scheduled for Saturday already)... but this is OREO!

He's registered, unaltered, and the man who owns him now says he is "2 or 3" but like all men doesn't really remember. Anyway, just wanted to introduce the little guy. We have a lot of work to do - getting him readjusted to indoor living. I will not make him be an outside dog again. They say he's current on his shots, too. So they'll give us his shot records too.

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Scooter's Mom; 05-03-2007 at 11:38 PM.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Thanks for saving little Oreo, heres to many fun filled years together .

Oh my goodness, look at that little face. Welcome to a Pet Talk family Oreo, you are going to see how good life can get now. I hope he likes kitties (and I hope the kitties like him).

What the h*ll type of "person" would leave a shih tzu outside?!?! Wow!
    I'm so glad you're able to save him and give him a wonderful home for the rest of his life! I can't wait to see more pics after his grooming, I'm sure he's going to be a Handsome Man!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

OMG. That's like leaving Fenway outside all of the time! That mean man! But I'm glad he had the sense to give you & your husband the dog.

I can't wait to see more pictures of Oreo. Will you keep the name or rename him?
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

This is great!! You are Oreo's guardian angels!!! He is going to be even cuter after he gets groomed and prettied up. I can't wait to see more pictures of this cute little guy!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Awww, he's a little cutie. I can see his little eyes peeking out in his picture. How the intro goes well & he settles in just fine.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi, Oreo! You're such a cutie even without a haircut!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oreo is VERY shy. Apparently the people they got Oreo from hurt him - the man did anyway. So now I have a 3rd shadow - my 2 kitties and now Oreo! He's a sweet little guy. Smelly as all get out though. Blech! He's got a vet appt scheduled for next Thursday (earliest we can get in with our work schedule). He hasn't had shots for a year and a half (as long as the other people have had him). I am especially concerned about heartworm since he's been outside that entire time. The vets office says it should be no problem to keep him with Jadie, as she IS current on all of her shots. The vets office did say if there is any sign of vomiting or diarrhea in Oreo, to separate them immediately and call them.

So far, so good.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016

Hellooooooo Oreo!! This is Zoee here. I can relate to the being smelly issue. I thought it'd be a good idea to play with a black and white kitty outside. Boy was I wrong!! That kitty squirted me in the face with some STINKY stuff!! It got in my eye and my mouth. YUCK!!! Mom says I'll be stinky for a long time. But that doesn't stop her from giving me hugs and kisses. You're lucky you get a bath on Saturday and you will be nice and clean. I am very clean too, but still stink.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

OO La La! What a cutie, cutie, cutie!
    My guess is that with all the delicious lovin' you're getting in your new happy, safe and cozy INSIDE home, you'll come out of your shell in no time! Welcome to PT little Oreo! Can't wait to see your new "do" and hear all about you!!

I've been Boooo'd!

Oreo on the drive home

Oreo and Jadie

AWWWWWWW!

I've been Boooo'd!

Oreo is a cutie! Thank goodness he'll be inside now.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

First of all, thanks for taking this little guy in. Poor little fella has had a rough life he didn't deserve. You're an angel.

After a bath, a vet visit, and some TLC, he'll be as good as new I hope. I'll pray that everything is alright. The little sweetheart will think he's in heaven now. He's adorable. I can't wait to hear how his progress goes and see him after his bathie. Please give him some kisses from Terry, Daisy and Delilah

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!