Thread: What do you think? I want a Change!

What do you think? I want a Change!

First off, I hate taking my pic, as I hate the way I look in pics! But in order to get your opinions it needs to be done! so I want to Change my Hair, I want to cut it short! Here is what my hair looks like now.
    My Hair is a pain in the butt! This is just out of the shower, and Naturally dried, But I had to brush it a thousand times to look like this, as it is usually very Staticy, and frizzy!

This is how I usually wear my hair, as it just drives me crazy!

This is what i was thinking of doing. I realy like this cut, and I love how short it is, but it still looks good. It also seems to be very easy to take care of, as I am not a preson that likes to take alot of time to do their hair. I like Easy!

What do you all think?? will this work for me?? I was even thinking about the highlights, as If you can't tell, my hair needs to be colored again!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

You would still have to style it like that. I think it would look good with some dark brown highlights.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

You have hair like me lol! Static and Frizzy. Mine is long and layered... and my natural hair color... brown... though I used to have blond highlights.

Well... hmmmmmmm... could look great but you still have to style it like buttercup132 said.
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

I understand I will have to Style it, but it isnt something that will take a hour to do. I dont like to spend an hour doing my hair, this is easily something I could manage.
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Honestly? The length you have right now suits the your face, it just needs a good cut (some layers to add height on top), a good conditioner and product to control the frizzies and shine it up. Also have them shape your brows while you're at it. You'll look mahvelous!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Yes, thats probably a better idea
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

I like the photo you posted, and the idea also stated..

If you don't mind straightening your hair every day, than maybe the new style is what you want. I straighten my hair pretty much every day... it does do some damage, and can make your hair look even more frizzy and dried out if you decide you don't want to straighten it one day...

Whatever you decide, I hope you post a picture so we can see your new do!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Hi Maggie! A new hairdo is always a concern for us women, so gaining advice before you go a"head" (lol!!) is also a good idea.

I love the photo of the do you would like...however, i'm not convinced that it will be easy to manage. If your more like a wash your hair, dry it and go kinda gal, then that look is definately not for you. It's going to need drying in section to get the body into it...and due to the nature of your hair it will require straightening every day to make it sleek like the picture.

I think RedHedd has great advice - the length does suit the shape of your face, but add some layers in you give it that "i've got lots of body" look without all the effort of drying in sections. Do you use separate shampoo and conditioner? If not, try investing in some..especially a conditioner that is thick. Some conditioners tend to be a bit watery, but you need to add some moisture back in so look for a thick one (not easy when they aren't in clear bottles, but have a little squeeze so a small bit comes out the top!!) Another way of controlling the frizzyness is to use some serum. Over here we have a chap called John Frieda who does a great serum - you literally put a pea size amount in your hands, rub them together and then apply to damp hair avoiding the root (other wise it can be heavy and make your hair appear greasy). This normally lasts a couple of washes (so not a good idea to put on everytime you wash your hair otherwise it can cause a build up). Another product we have over here is straightening balm by Toni and Guy - again small amounts works wonders on controlling the frizz and also protects your hair if you do want to straighten it. This is suitable for everyday use and isn't as "heavy" as serum. I'm sure if you have a look on the web there are places that sell it in America. Both of these products should help control the static too.

Hope that helps? Let us know what you decide......good luck!!
    Mandy

Kittycats_delight (Michelle) thanks for the great signature!

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd
    Honestly? The length you have right now suits the your face, it just needs a good cut (some layers to add height on top), a good conditioner and product to control the frizzies and shine it up. Also have them shape your brows while you're at it. You'll look mahvelous!
    That's what I was thinking but she said new do. I think with layers and a straightner it would look nice. And my straightener takes away my frizz.

EDIT: I don't know if you would do this but no matter what conditioner you use brush your hair before going in the shower. Then bring a brush in the shower and brush your hair WHILE the conitoner is in it. Let it sit for about 3 minutes then rinse. But dont rinse till you cant feel the conitioner anymore cause that dries out your hair. Doing that also takes down the frizz and makes it oh so soft.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by Babyboonie
    Hi Maggie! A new hairdo is always a concern for us women, so gaining advice before you go a"head" (lol!!) is also a good idea.

I love the photo of the do you would like...however, i'm not convinced that it will be easy to manage. If your more like a wash your hair, dry it and go kinda gal, then that look is definately not for you. It's going to need drying in section to get the body into it...and due to the nature of your hair it will require straightening every day to make it sleek like the picture.

I think RedHedd has great advice - the length does suit the shape of your face, but add some layers in you give it that "i've got lots of body" look without all the effort of drying in sections. Do you use separate shampoo and conditioner? If not, try investing in some..especially a conditioner that is thick. Some conditioners tend to be a bit watery, but you need to add some moisture back in so look for a thick one (not easy when they aren't in clear bottles, but have a little squeeze so a small bit comes out the top!!) Another way of controlling the frizzyness is to use some serum. Over here we have a chap called John Frieda who does a great serum - you literally put a pea size amount in your hands, rub them together and then apply to damp hair avoiding the root (other wise it can be heavy and make your hair appear greasy). This normally lasts a couple of washes (so not a good idea to put on everytime you wash your hair otherwise it can cause a build up). Another product we have over here is straightening balm by Toni and Guy - again small amounts works wonders on controlling the frizz and also protects your hair if you do want to straighten it. This is suitable for everyday use and isn't as "heavy" as serum. I'm sure if you have a look on the web there are places that sell it in America. Both of these products should help control the static too.

Hope that helps? Let us know what you decide......good luck!!
    I do use a sperate Shampoo and Conditioner, and yes I also go for the Thick conditioner, the thin stuff is pointless. I have yet to find any hair product that gets rid of the frizz, and dosent make my hair look greasy.

I would prefer not to keep my hair at this lenght, i cannot deal with it anymore. I want a short hair cut this time. If it means I have to spend some more time, dealing with it, then that is what I will do. Cant be anyworse than the amount of time I already spend, just drying and brushing now.

I will have to look into the John Frieda stuff, sounds pretty good. Thanks.
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd
    The problem is I cannot stand this length anymore. I want short, summer is comming, and with it always come my frustrations with long hair.

I have not had my brows done since my wedding day! I just dont give my brows a second thought. I cant stand pencil thin brows either. But now that I look at the pics! They could definitely use something!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Maggie,

I am gonna have a search now to see if I can find the website I used when I was trying to decide on a cut. You take your picture. The second one is perfect and you can try different hairstyles and colors on it. It is great and it gives you an excellent idea what suits you and what doesn't . I can't remember the name of it but I will try to search and find it. As soon as I do I will post the link for you.

Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Quote Originally Posted by kittycats_delight
    Maggie,

I am gonna have a search now to see if I can find the website I used when I was trying to decide on a cut. You take your picture. The second one is perfect and you can try different hairstyles and colors on it. It is great and it gives you an excellent idea what suits you and what doesn't . I can't remember the name of it but I will try to search and find it. As soon as I do I will post the link for you.

Michelle
    Hey that sounds awsome! Thanks!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Here is one It is not the one I used but I found this one. I am still searching for the one I used.

Here is another if you scroll down the page a little you will see a list of sites and what they do some are for makeup makeovers and some and makeup and hair and some are just hair. And the search continues for the one I used. It may be on that list but I will have to check each one out to let you know.

Hope one of these can help you.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I never know what to do with my hair either. Last time I went to the hair dresser I said "do whatever you think would look good that's different" and I loved what she did. She put 2 diff colors of highlights to make my hair look fuller, then she layered my hair and gave me sorta long bangs...sorta hard to explain...maybe you could talk to your hairdresser??

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)