Thread: Yum Yum is Depressed..

Yum Yum is Depressed..

Hey guys..what do you do when a cat is depressed??? We haven't let Yum Yum outside yet cause of the big move into our new home. She just seems to mope around the house and not play with any of her toys. It has been almost two weeks since we have had the house and I figured by now she would have gotten used to the house. The old owner had a small dog there and I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
    Do any of yall know how to get her out of her depression without letting her go outside? Thanks!
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Maybe a new and exciting toy

I have a fishing pole with a mouse filled with catnip attached to the end of the line, and all three of mine, including Gabe, now yearn to play with it. Graemer will hound me until I take it out of the drawer where it is kept. They just love playing with it. So I would go out and find the BEST MOST EXCITING NEW TOY and get them interested in it. Maybe Yum Yum will get with the program. Also, my cats are slower in the summer months during the hot time of the day. The transition into the house cat living style must be quite an adjustment for Yum Yum.

Keep us posted.

on harness

have you tried already to have a walk outside with yum-yum with a harness on ??? This might cheer her up!!!! This way , she will also get familiar with her new environment !!
    Success in your new house !!

It has been generally found that the way to a cat's heart is through their food. Have you given Yum Yum a special treat, or even given her a special kitty-fun diet for the past two weeks? Something that makes her feel special. Has she attempted to go outside since you are in your new residence? Other than this, I really don't know what to recommended. Please keep us posted on the results, as I am about to move myself and menagerie to eastern Kansas, and I want to keep up on any move-problems with your furkids...

...............wayne

Poor Yum-Yum. I don't know about depression in cats. If it was me, I would just give her EXTRA attention: playtime,treats,scritches,etc.
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

Hey guys..
    Just a quick update on Yum Yum. The other day we let her outside with my husband holding her. She was shedding very badly..I guess she was nervous?? We have let her outside by herself for a short period of time and seems to enjoy it but just stays near the patio. I gave her a treat this morning like I always do on fridays..canned food. She really enjoyed it. We also moved their cat tree down from the loft but she has not touched the tree instead she stayed in spot the tree was in for a couple of hours last night. That was very wierd.
    Thanks for all your help
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

I hope that yum-yum gets to feeling better soon.