Thread: Anyone familiar with these cat foods?

Anyone familiar with these cat foods?

My boyfriend thinks I'm being paranoid but I call it being a pet mother. With all the food recalls I am becoming increasingly concerned about what I feed my cats. In the last 2 months they have been on 3 different foods because of all the recalls. I am currently feeding them Blue Buffalo dry food in the lite formula and I would like to stick with it assuming it is still ok. I would like to add more wet food to their diet but they are very picky. I've tried Felidae and they didn't like it. I bought some California Wellness but haven't given them yet. I'm thinking about trying some raw frozen foods. Anyway, has anyone tried these brands of catfood? If so, what what was your opinion?

http://www.naturesvariety.com/content.lasso?page=1352

http://www.primalpetfoods.com/feline.htm

http://www.naturapet.com/

Owned by Booboo, Magic, and Shadow
    RIP my precious Panther, BooBoo, and Shadow. Mommy misses you!
    ------------------

It's kinda scary isn't it????....I brought Zip and Shy up on Dad's, after Shy passed away for some reason I experimented with Purina and Friskies. But whose to say they won't have the same problem. As for feeding them raw food, just remember your cat's can get parisites from raw meat like pork and chicken and even beef I would cook to at least med-rare. Keep in mind that I don't hold a degree in catfoodtology so these are merely observations and not based on solid scientific data. (lol).....
    MY SPECIAL GIRLS

ZIP and SHY R.I.P. my beautiful girls

Since the problem SEEMS to have been in the rice, I am now feeding raw in kibble form, which has NO grain whatsoever.

I mean...have you ever seen cats grazing in the wild? Chewing their cud?

My two still get Royal Canin Urinary as a half-and-half mix(the RC has rice and corn). Oscar had a UTI last year, so we are testing his urine after a month on the mix. If it's ok, we'll test it again after a month of full raw kibble.

If he's clear still, then he and his bro will be on the raw kibble.

If either of them develop kidney issues as they get older, that will change too, as the food is pretty much all protein.

But boy - are they perkier since starting it! Especially the "old" guy Oscar!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Natura pets makes Innova EVO. I feed my cats that, and they have no grains whatsoever. It is raw food in the form of kibble. I absolutely LOVE it and beleive in it 100%.
    Mine did not like the Felidae either.

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

I find the whole thing just scary! I check Itchmo regularly now.

What are some other brands of cat food that are raw in kibble form?

Also, I thought I read somewhere about a nutritional supplement for cats if you do the raw diet. Does anyone remember the name of the product?

Owned by Booboo, Magic, and Shadow
    RIP my precious Panther, BooBoo, and Shadow. Mommy misses you!
    ------------------

One food that I have tried is Wysong Canned and the Cats really like it.
    I wish I could afford Merrick but thats just too expensive.
    For now I have been feeding Whiskas and Friskies Pouches and the Found Cats just love it.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by fragrancehound
    I find the whole thing just scary! I check Itchmo regularly now.

What are some other brands of cat food that are raw in kibble form?

Also, I thought I read somewhere about a nutritional supplement for cats if you do the raw diet. Does anyone remember the name of the product?
    You might be referring to taurine. Cats can't produce this and they need it or else they can become sick. I've also heard of them going blind because they didn't get it. Here's a link to it: taurine.

Innova EVO has all the vitamins it needs, in it. You need not add anything to it.

I BELIEVE that Innova EVO is the only raw in kibble form their is, but I may be wrong.

If doing homemade raw diets, you can use Halo Purely for Pets Vita mineral mix. It is for make at home diets. Taurine is a must.

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Quote Originally Posted by fragrancehound
    I am currently feeding them Blue Buffalo dry food in the lite formula and I would like to stick with it assuming it is still ok.

Some Blue Buffalo was recalled, as well as some Natural Balance.

AVMA Breaking News Food Recalls

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022