Thread: Shelter Closing! Animals in danger of PTS! crosspost

Shelter Closing! Animals in danger of PTS! crosspost

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

any updates on the babies getting put down???
    Melissa

Melissa - I just posted on the original post. I went back to the site and STILL saw no sign of any crisis. Wondering what is going on here. There is also a thriving Petfinder chat board, with the latest msg being posted on May 1.

Go figure.

I will try and call tomorrow and see if I can talk to anyone to see what is going on and let you all know. I looked at the pet list and saw a cat that I had emailed about about a month or so ago but never got any response from.
    Melissa

I called the lady at the shelter today and explained that i had read that the shelter was closing on a message board and alot of people were upset and I wanted to know if it was true or not because her website didn't say anything about closing. She was real nice and said that they had been real low on funds and then an article in the newspaper came out about it and they received enough funds to stay open at least for now but they still need more help. She said she hadn't thought about putting it on her website, that another person takes care of that and she thought that was a good idea and would tell the person. She was real nice and thanked me for calling.
    Melissa

OH, good - for now.

The website gets a lot of visits, so I hope that will help. Have they thought of Adopt-a-Pet? It's where you pay to support the animal but don't take it home. It's good for people who can't have animals for one reason or another.

Thanks for checking this, Melissa!