Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Vick INDICTED!

Quote Originally Posted by joycenalex
    He was arrested in Miami on February 1, 2007 on three counts of writing checks without sufficient funds from Nevada
    bad checks are the same as dog fighting? and was he the only one at espn with good clothes on for an interview on tv?
    LOL,

NO, He was a teammate of Vick's.
    He did the interview over the phone.

He alluded to other NFL stars who were involved/associated with DFs-He said that other players had been 'caught' in some kind of investigation but were never charged. He claims that MV was used as a scapegoat.

ESPN is re running the afternoon's coverage.

Buchanan should keep his mouth shut-he's the poster boy for people who go to school, college, mind you, and still cannot speak "good english" or formulate a clear concise thought.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Vick has pleaded guilty - will that make Nike and his other corporate endorsements disappear, too?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

NIKE and everyone else with a contract with Vick will probably (quietly) cancel
    all contracts with him.

-----------------------

Holy Smokes,

Most of the announcers/ex-players are real idiots.

Keyshaun Johnson (Who thinks up these names?) said that Vick will not get the medical help he needs in jail.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

i wonder if anyone remembers clinton portis' ridiculous comments..
    "I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog," Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis told WAVY-TV in Virginia. "If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2878099
    adios vick!

Posted by RICHARD
    Keyshaun Johnson (Who thinks up these names?) said that Vick will not get the medical help he needs in jail.
    Heck, there's more and more of the mobile Spay-Neuter clinics all the time!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Another stupid athlete?

Stephon Marbury gave an interview to some sports writers.....

Paraphrasing here...... 'We kill animals to eat them....'

Another college educated moron with no common sense.

You're calling someone who went to college on an athletic scholarship college educated? (Okay, I know there are exceptions, but the Bob Hope All American skit sticks in my mind........I play football. Football is my life. If it were not for football, I would not be playing football today.)
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    You're calling someone who went to college on an athletic scholarship college educated? (Okay, I know there are exceptions, but the Bob Hope All American skit sticks in my mind........I play football. Football is my life. If it were not for football, I would not be playing football today.)
    Okay, you busted me,

I just went to a community college and played a little volleyball....

To paraphrase SNL skit (I think) "futball bin beddy beddy gud to me"
    ~ at least I'm not...

Quote Originally Posted by lbaker
    To paraphrase SNL skit (I think) "futball bin beddy beddy gud to me"

Laurie!

That's Chico Escuela (Little School) played by Garret Morris!

"Beisbol been bery, bery gud to me!

Lady's Human, have you seen the bit by comedian Bob Nelson acting out a football team being introduced? It's on YouTube. I think it's hysterical but just to warn you, if it were a movie it would probably get NC-13 because of language and a couple of the characters he acts out.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 08-22-2007 at 09:36 AM. Reason: edited for appropriateness
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

that made me laugh.

another schmuck weighs in...from yahoo sports....Marbury defends Michael Vick, calls dogfighting a sport

August 22, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury defended Michael Vick, calling dogfighting a sport and comparing it to hunting.

Marbury spoke Monday about the federal dogfighting conspiracy charges against Vick while promoting his basketball shoe in Albany, N.Y.

"I think it's tough," Marbury said, according to Albany TV station Capital News 9. "I think, you know, we don't say anything about people who shoot deer or shoot other animals. You know, from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors."

On Monday, Vick said through a lawyer that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. He also faces possible prosecution in Virginia.

"I think it's tough that we build Michael Vick up and then we break him down," Marbury said. "I think he's one of the superb athletes, and he's a good human being. I just think that he fell into a bad situation
    sometimes it seems the morons are winning
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

That is so #*&($ STUPID!!!!
    OMG!
    Comparing dog fighting to hunting!!!!
    What an ASS!!!!!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

The thing that really makes me laugh is the 'culture' defense.

Many idiots have stated that the reason that Vick thinks DFing is "O.K." is the fact that he was raised poor and it was common in poor areas.

Instead of going after the AHs that promote the fights, the idiots use that as an excuse.

Also, why isn't the black community upset at those comments? Portraying poor black neighborhoods as hot zones for DFing is really stupid and offensive.

------------------

Now that I think about it, you can use that defense for any famous, infamous and unknown person who commits a crime.

Just like the "twinkie defense" from the Milk assasination in San Francisco.

-------------

I guess Steve Martin said in best in "The Jerk".

"I was born a poor, black child."