Thread: Vick INDICTED!

Hybrid View

I had a feeling that weasel (with apologies to ferret fans! ) would cop a plea.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

....from espn....Michael Vick's lawyer said Monday the NFL star will plead guilty to charges relating to a federal dogfighting case, putting the Atlanta Falcons quarterback's career in jeopardy and leaving him subject to a prison term.

The offense is punishable by up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine, although federal sentencing guidelines most likely would call for less.

Prosecutors, who were seeking a prison term of 12 to 18 months, have yet to formally agree to the plea, a source told ESPN's Kelly Naqi.

"After consulting with his family over the weekend, Michael Vick asked that I announce today that he has reached an agreement with federal prosecutors regarding the charges pending against him," lead defense attorney Billy Martin said in a statement.

"Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter."

Vick is charged with conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture.
    i left work happy today, 3 co-workers came up to me to tell me this...
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Quote from the article........

"Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter."

Does that include the dogs he personally killed ? What about the ones only
    scared for life?

I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    Quote from the article........

Does that include the dogs he personally killed ? What about the ones only
    scared for life?

Probably not, During the news they discussed the what he has to admit to- the only things that he has to say "yes" to are the federal charges he's getting hung for.

---------

Ray Buchanan got on ESPN and gave his POV-What a friggin moron!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

this guy?...from wikipedia... Raymond Louis Buchanan (born September 29, 1971 in Chicago, Illinois) is an American football player, currently a free agent in the NFL. He plays the defensive back position. He graduated from the University of Louisville. He was drafted in 1993 by the Indianapolis Colts in the 3rd round (65th overall). He has also played for the Atlanta Falcons and the Oakland Raiders. He was arrested in Miami on February 1, 2007 on three counts of writing checks without sufficient funds from Nevada
    bad checks are the same as dog fighting? and was he the only one at espn with good clothes on for an interview on tv?
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Quote Originally Posted by joycenalex
    He was arrested in Miami on February 1, 2007 on three counts of writing checks without sufficient funds from Nevada
    bad checks are the same as dog fighting? and was he the only one at espn with good clothes on for an interview on tv?
    LOL,

NO, He was a teammate of Vick's.
    He did the interview over the phone.

He alluded to other NFL stars who were involved/associated with DFs-He said that other players had been 'caught' in some kind of investigation but were never charged. He claims that MV was used as a scapegoat.

ESPN is re running the afternoon's coverage.

Buchanan should keep his mouth shut-he's the poster boy for people who go to school, college, mind you, and still cannot speak "good english" or formulate a clear concise thought.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Vick has pleaded guilty - will that make Nike and his other corporate endorsements disappear, too?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

NIKE and everyone else with a contract with Vick will probably (quietly) cancel
    all contracts with him.

-----------------------

Holy Smokes,

Most of the announcers/ex-players are real idiots.

Keyshaun Johnson (Who thinks up these names?) said that Vick will not get the medical help he needs in jail.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

nfl acts.....

from nfl.com, today .... Vick suspended indefinitely

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Michael Vick on Friday that he is suspended indefinitely without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell’s letter to Vick:

» "Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible. Your team, the NFL, and NFL fans have all been hurt by your actions."

» "Your plea agreement and the plea agreements of your co-defendants also demonstrate your significant involvement in illegal gambling. Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player."

» "You have engaged in conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL and have violated the league’s Personal Conduct Policy."

» "I will review the status of your suspension following the conclusion of the legal proceedings. As part of that review, I will take into account a number of factors, including the resolution of any other charges that may be brought against you, whether in Surry County, Virginia, or other jurisdictions, your conduct going forward, the specifics of the sentence imposed by Judge Hudson and any related findings he might make, and the extent to which you are truthful and cooperative with law enforcement and league staff who are investigating these matters."

» "I have advised the Falcons that, with my decision today, they are no longer prohibited from acting and are now free to assert any claims or remedies available to them under the Collective Bargaining Agreement or your NFL Player Contract."