Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Vick INDICTED!

I was trying to think of something good that could come out of this Vick
    case & there are some. One big positive is the public exposure of dogfighting
    in this country. It does exist & it needs to be exposed & eradicated wherever
    it is found. An article from the Washington Post about this cruel "sport".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082101997.html
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I read in the paper that Nike has dropped Vicks. The NFL has suspended him without pay and are taking this thing very seriously. I hope he gets the book thrown at him!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    One big positive is the public exposure of dogfighting
    in this country.
    I've been following this story along, avoiding reading anything too graphic. But I just watched a report on Fox interiviewing the guy from the ASPCA re: dog fighting. That's exactly what he said, too. They also showed film of dogs fighting, and some grisly stills. How anyone can consider that a sport is beyond me.

The interviewer asked "On a scale of 1-10, how bad would you say the Vick situation was?" and he answered "10." He said that the Vick case had an extra degree of sadism (because of how the dogs were killed) far beyond what is already a grisly practice. I wanted to puke when he talked in detail about how these poor dogs were killed.

He also said that dogfighting is becoming more widespread in urban gangs.

NIKE terminated Vick's contract saying something like "we do not condone the mistreatment of animals".

They should have added, "But paying poor people one dollar a day to make our shoes is perfectly OK".

-----------

DMX is in trouble, DMX is in trouble.

Anoter AH turned into the authorities.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    He also said that dogfighting is becoming more widespread in urban gangs.
    Yea, because jerks like him who some people look up to, promote it.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What medical help does he need? To be neutered? To be lobotomized?

Too bad they won't do to him what he did to those dogs that didn't perform up (or down) to his standards.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    Keyshaun Johnson (Who thinks up these names?) said that Vick will not get the medical help he needs in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina
    What medical help does he need? To be neutered? To be lobotomized?

Too bad they won't do to him what he did to those dogs that didn't perform up (or down) to his standards.
    Don't ask me!

That's what THAT fool said!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I wish more people would realize that. That this case is doing some good. It's about a lot more than just Vick.

Good for you for looking on the bright side of life.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    I was trying to think of something good that could come out of this Vick case & there are some. One big positive is the public exposure of dogfighting in this country. It does exist & it needs to be exposed & eradicated wherever it is found. An article from the Washington Post about this cruel "sport".

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Lizbud, that is so true and I wish the issue of dogfighting was getting even more media time than it is. I heard on the news this morning that Michael Vick will be appearing in court to enter a plea but it is just a formality to set a date for a sentencing hearing. And that he is on indefinite suspension by the NFL. I wonder if this will send his football career down the tubes. He'll probably make another fortune off of endorsements like Michael Jordan did.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/13980417/detail.html

"I take full responsibility for my actions,"

RICHMOND, Va. -- Michael Vick pleaded guilty Monday to a federal dogfighting charge and awaited a Dec. 10 sentencing date that could send the NFL star to prison.

Moments later he spoke publicly about his case for the first time.

"I take full responsibility for my actions," Vick said during a news conference. "I'm totally responsible. Those things just didn't need to happen."

Saying that he was speaking "from the heart," the suspended quarterback apologized for being dishonest about his role in the dogfighting case with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Falcons owner Arthur Blank and his Falcons teammates.

He also apologized to his young fans around the world, saying that he hopes all of the children who viewed him as a role model will use him as an example of how to use better judgement and make better decisions.

The suspended quarterback admitted he needed "to grow up" and is ready to use his time off from football to better himself.

"In a sense it will help me as a person," Vick said. "I've got a lot to think about over the next year or so."

In the court room earlier, Vick's plea was accepted by U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson, who asked: "Are you entering the plea of guilty to a conspiracy charge because you are in fact guilty?"

Vick replied, "Yes, sir."

Hudson emphasized he is not bound by sentencing guidelines and can impose the maximum sentence of up to five years in prison. The judge told the suspended passer that he was taking his chances and that he'll have to live with whatever decision he makes.

In Vick's written plea agreement filed in federal court Friday, he admitted helping kill six to eight pit bulls and supplying money for gambling on the fights. He said he did not personally place any bets or share in any winnings.

The plea agreement calls for a sentencing range of 12 to 18 months. But Hudson could sentence Vick to as much as five years in prison.

With Vick's sentencing date pending, the Atlanta Falcons commented on their team's situation Monday.

Blank said the team will not yet cut Vick from its roster, that it wasn't in the best interest of the franchise. But the team will discuss its options, and it will pursue getting repaid for bonuses that were given to Vick.

The owner's main focus was moving forward.

"I recognize this situation has tarnished our team," Blank said. "We cannot undo what is done. But we can recover from this."

The NFL on Friday suspended him indefinitely.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Vick's behavior was illegal, cruel and reprehensible, and violated his contract.

"Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player," Goodell said in a statement.

It's good that he admits his guilt now and says he's sorry to the little kids that looked up to him.. blah blah... but he never said he was sorry for killing those dogs or for sending countless dogs to their death in the pit.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Already there are cases in the news where DFing rings are being busted up.
    A few days ago there was a story in the news about these guys use kittens to get the dogs to fight.

If DFing was underground before, it's going to the core of the earth now.

--------------

I gots the feeling that there are going to be a few more famous casualties in this war against animal abuse.

-------------

Just a little side thought.

Lately there is a commercial about drunk drivers that is getting heavy airplay.

It shows a drunk in a car and he's up to his neck in booze. When he gets pulled over by a cop he rolls down the window and the booze pours out.

With the news that there will be public service announcements about animal abuse-how effective will they be when Hollywood skanks get a slap on the wrist and if the Vickster gets the same?

----------

Thank goodness that he found Jesus, too.

It's great how the Big Man steps in when we need him, AFTER THE FACT!
    Last edited by RICHARD; 08-27-2007 at 02:29 PM.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah6563.shtml

Jamie Foxx SUPPORTS Vick's dog fighting (or supports it by giving him excuses for his behavior) by basically stating

It’s a cultural thing, I think,” Jamie said. “Most brothers didn’t know that, you know. I used to see dogs fighting in the neighborhood all the time. I didn’t know that was Fed time. So, mike probably just didn’t read his handbook on what not to do as a black star."
    UMMMMM WHAT?!?!

Since when is cruelty to animals a CULTURAL thing?!?!

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    giving him excuses for his behavior
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    I was appalled when I heard that some people were actually claiming Vick's conduct was because in the culture he grew up in, dogfighting is acceptable. If so, then shame on everyone he grew up with. Disgusting.
    Like I said before.
    Last edited by cyber-sibes; 08-27-2007 at 03:06 PM.

I am sure many many members of the black community would NOT want to be lumped into the same 'culture' as Vick and these other 'social commentators'...sheesh...
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

[QUOTE=RICHARD]...If DFing was underground before, it's going to the core of the earth now......
    and may those flames be very very hot
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.