Thread: Local Shelter Closing!*animals need your help!*

Local Shelter Closing!*animals need your help!*

I recieved and e-mail from a friend last night about our local no-kill shelter(Petersburg,IN). They are having trouble making ends meet and are going to euthanize all 40 dogs and 20 cats. These animals need out! My phone is out of mins so I can't call them to know more info. I'll probably go in tomorrow morning and talk to the lady that runs the shelter.

PAWS Petfinder list

If you can help please call them at 812-354-9894. Nola runs the shelter. They are only open from 8am-noon.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Oh no, that's horrible. How much time do these babies have?

*paces back and forth mentally waiting for morning.*

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    I recieved and e-mail from a friend last night about our local no-kill shelter(Petersburg,IN). They are having trouble making ends meet and are going to euthanize all 40 dogs and 20 cats. These animals need out! My phone is out of mins so I can't call them to know more info. I'll probably go in tomorrow morning and talk to the lady that runs the shelter.

PAWS Petfinder list

If you can help please call them at 812-354-9894. Nola runs the shelter. They are only open from 8am-noon.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

I wish I could help them. That is so horrible. I hope they all find good homes soon.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Poor babies, I hate when shelters close. This is so sad! I wish them luck, and can you please keep us updated?

I don't know how much time they have. I know my brother came home from school yesterday and told me his class was taking in donations to maybe help keep them open. The animals need out.

I use to volunteer for this shelter. I only did it a few times because the lady that ran it was rude and griped about how I did everything wrong. I also offered 2 full 50lb bags of food and she refused because she said they buy their own dog food. No need for "the crap strangers bring in." I belive this lady means well, but can't hold on to volunteers because she treats them all horrible. Can't adopt and dogs because she does NO advertising. There is also no sign in front of the shelter. So many people I talk to don't even know it exists. Most of the dogs there have been there since they opened in 2001.

I'll keep you on the update.

I've belonged to this forum for ages, but rarely post.

Is this true about this shelter? I contacted an acquaintance who belongs to rescue groups, and she said she didn't hear of this. She said there was a "urban" legend about this couple years ago.

Would like to know, as I and she could probably network/rescue and maybe help these dogs. The number does come back to a Pike County, IN site, but nothing about the circumstances is mentioned.

I wish I could help. do you know why they are closing? those poor babies.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I wish there was something I could do. Those poor animals .
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

OMG, yes..something we can do...Umm...is this story for real? I'm not completely questioning, just asking.

Oh my...I hope we can help! For real.
    I just sent this to my local "help shelter" and we are praying for intervention. We would love to adopt another dog.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/IN131.html Here is a link...though I will have to look further to get more info. It is the Pike Shelter - a reverse lookup on whitepages.com showed that no problem.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I just went back to the site and for the life of me can STILL see no reference to PTS or any crisis.

Any updates here? Did your friend perhaps misunderstand and then send her email? Or are we talking about Noah's Wish, with a long and interesting thread on the Petfinder chat area?

What's the scoop?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

The shelter doesn't update their petfinder page and their web page very often. There have been small articles in the local paper the past two weeks. This is for real. They have a donation box set up at the middle and high school. I don't know too much more about the situation. I have no idea when the animals will be pts.