Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I get my dog off my pillow?

How do I get my dog off my pillow?

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping that someone has some advice that will allow me to get some much needed sleep. My 6 pound chihuahua feels the need to sleep on my pillow all night. He curls up around my head and licks my forhead quite a few times as well. In the morning, my neck is cramped and I haven't gotten much sleep. He's 2 years old now and he's always slept in our bed. Both of us would hate it if he slept somewhere else, but I feel like the lack of sleep because of this is really taking its toll on me. Does anyone have any suggestions or had a similar problem and know of anything that would make him not want to sleep on my pillow/head?

Thanks!
    Sandy

Perhaps another pillow right next to yours might help. Try having a 60 pound Weim sleep on your head!! lol That's where Max likes to sleep too as does Sox the 55 pound GSD/Aussie mix! hehehe

Good luck! Sleep tight!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

After reading your reply, I guess 6 pounds isn't so bad! I tried putting another pillow next to mine, but I think his whole goal (more like his mission) is to sleep wrapped around my head. I've also tried wrapping a scarf around my head so he couldn't lick my forehead all night. He scratched at the scarf until my forehead was finally exposed for the licking again. When my husband's awake and sees Tiger licking my forehead, he pulls him off of me. My husband said Tiger just climbs back up instantly like he's on an important mission to lick my forehead and straddle my head all night. I know it's his way of loving me and spending time with me all night since I am at work all day apart from him, but it seems like there's got to be a solution that would allow me to sleep.

Thanks for the reply!!!

i think you should put another pillow next to you then you should just move your head over to it and sleep there. it might work

Maybe getting his own pillow on the ground and not allowing him to go on the bed anymore?

Re: How do I get my dog off my pillow?

LOL!

It took me over 20 years, but I am finally passed
    that stage. When Pepper takes over my spot,
    I have no qualms about pushing her on my husbands
    side or on the foot of the bed. Let him get cramped. lol
    Pepper still sleeps with us, whether she gets her
    prime spot or not.

----<---<--<{(@

Originally posted by Sam's My Baby
    Maybe getting his own pillow on the ground and not allowing him to go on the bed anymore?
    That's my advice too! At least until he realizes that the pillow is not his!

Sandy,

I thought of you last night. When I went to bed Max (the Weim) was at the foot of the bed. In about 2 minutes flat he was at the head of the bed. I just took my pillow and scrunched down about 6 inches and had my feet hanging over the end of the bed and promptly went to sleep and woke up about 1am with Jessie (the Toy Eskie) laying right by my chest! And Dudley LOUDLY exclaiming that he needed to go O-U-T! hehe

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Well mugsy, at least I don't feel alone anymore!!!

The problem with Tiger is that it's not about sleeping on the pillow for him. It's about wrapping himself around MY HEAD. I think he just wants to be close to me. I actually slept without a pillow last night and he still curled up around my head and licked my forehead all night! Even when he's keeping me up, I still can't help but laugh while he's frantically licking my forehead. Maybe I will just start licking him back!!!

I have the same problem with my dog, but it's not every night. I hate to inform you, I think that you may have lost your pillow, ha!

by the way, welcome to Pet Talk. Warm greetings from all of us.

Thank you for the nice welcome. I found a picture to show you what I'm up against. This is how he waits for me to come to bed and the position he assumes the minute I get out of bed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Awwhh! He is so precious.
    But I am still laughing over how he licked your
    head all night.

----<---<--<{(@

Sandyk little tiger is so cute, all bundled up. Is that his favorite place to be?

He can't get into the bed by himself, but when we put him in bed right before bedtime and in the morning, he loves to lay under the covers. He used to only sleep under the covers before the new "laying on my pillow licking my forehead" stage. I'm hoping that when winter comes, he'll want to sleep under the covers again instead of on my head!