Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Splash" is coming today

"Splash" is coming today

Splash is a two year old, female, Golden Retriever, who was taken in by Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue about a month ago. She was found, tied to a tree, left to die, with no food and no water. She was a very, very sick little lady, and has been in veterinary care for over a month now. I haven't seen a picture of her yet, but she will be coming here tonight, to stay with Helen and me until she is adopted. Our first permanent foster, and I am nervous about it. But they have reassured me that she is a perfect little lady, and will fit right in with my two other "perfect" girls. I do hope so.

I'll keep you posted!! Say a little prayer for her, if you will, that she finds the perfect "forever" home. Keeping her is not an option for me, no matter how precious she is.

You must be very anxious about her coming! I am sure your Golden girls will be nice to her and her stay with you will be a great one.

Hope she finds a good home soon!

I don't blame you for being nervous, I would be too. I just know she'll love your family and home and think of it as hers until she can find a forever home!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Best of luck to you Logan! You'll definately be in my thoughts. And I'm sure I speak for everyone that we will want pics.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Here's proof that once again Logan is a heroine!!! Thank you for taking that poor girl in. I'll keep her on my prayer list to find a forever home soon!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Heroine? No way......just trying to do my part. But I am extremely excited, and nervous, at the same time! My friend and I will be picking her up around 8 pm tonight, after I attend a meeting at church. Helen is soooooooo jealous that she is at her dad's house right now, but I think Splash will be here for a while until she is tested and worked with. I have my challenge ahead of me because I will be responsible for her training. But I'm ready, and it sounds like she is a real love. Can't wait to see her!! I'll fill you all in tomorrow, on how it goes. Thanks for the good thoughts. I'm sure they will help!

WOW what wonderful news! I'm sure if anyone can provide a wonderful foster home, it is you Logan! And I know I would love to see pictures!!!!!

Hope all goes well with the new girl. I'm sure she will be wonderful esp. with such good examples from you and your goldens.

Congratulations and good luck on the fostering. Let us know how it goes!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

It is good to know that poor Splash's life is about to get a whole lot better... lucky for her someone found her and even luckier for her that she gets to stay with you for a little while... I am sure you will do a fine job with her and I am sure she will enjoy her stay with you.... I will surly pray that sweet Splash finds a great forever home soon...
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

I'm waiting, not so patiently, for the outcome of the introductions.

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Good luck Logan
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

A prayer will be going out for Splash. I hope everything goes so well tonight.

Good morning, everyone. We weren't able to get over to the lady's house to pick her up until around 8:25, so there was really no time for me to update you last night. She is adorable, and you would never know that she was on death's doorstep a short month ago. She is energetic, happy, hungry and very much the pleaser, but completely untrained. I'm pulling out my old puppy kindergarden papers today to refresh myself. We'll have fun. I am charged with teaching her "sit", "stay" and "heeling". She is a fast learner, treat driven, and I will enjoy working with such an enthusiastic dog, I'm sure.

Splash is definitely not a Golden Retriever, but they are calling her a Lab/Golden mix, as obviously the Golden Retriever Rescue group had quite a large heart to bring her in, just like they did Weston. She looks quite much like a Lab, but probably with a little something else added in. As soon as I have a picture, I will share her with you. She is small, even for a lab. And Angie (I Love Hounds) will appreciate this, if she reads it, Splash seems to have a little "hound dog" in her too, but she is lovely, just about the same color as yesterday's Dog of the Day, the yellow Lab.

Thanks for all your good wishes. Honey and Lilly did a thorough check over of Splash, as did Mimi and Butter. Everyone has been fine, although I have learned that Lilly has just had enough of these energetic dogs. She woke me up at least three times last night with a sharp warning bark to Splash to leave her alone. I will crate Splash in my room tonight. I was just too tired to even put the crate together last night. I'll keep you posted!

Logan,

Thank you for the update and for having such a big heart to foster this poor girl. She sounds like a sweetie and I look forward to the pictures.