View Poll Results: Do you think cats can mindread?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I think they can mindread!

16 88.89%
  • No they can't.

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiity Mind Reading

Kiity Mind Reading

Do you think cats can mindread? I kinda do...I mean you think about getting up to pour food in the foodbowl...You don't say anything and your cat is already there. What do you think on the concept?
    ~*Sprink*Fritz*Odie*~

"There is no more intrepid explorer than a kitten." Jules Champfleury

A purring cat and a glowing fireplace make winter bearable.

I believe cats have all sorts of senses that are further developed than humans. For instance most of them can predict when a family member is coming home and will be at the door to welcome them.

My kitty has a sixth sense for cheese. I can get anything else from the fridge and she won't bother at all, but when I plan to make a cheese sandwich she will be there instantly and won't stop begging till she gets a bite!!!

Hope you have a nice birthday!
    Last edited by Piglet; 08-01-2002 at 09:31 AM.

I have to agree too. Somehow they know when things are going to happen. Tubby has learned that in the evenings, when Tubby is laying all over me, if Terry even utters the word popcorn, somehow Tubby knows that's what's coming, and he instantly starts begging. And Tubby knows when it's Saturday morning as compared to any weekday morning. I think it's because of our actions, but how does he know that Terry is going to be out in the garage? I believe their senses are much more developed than ours are too, like when they can sense an earthquake that's about to happen - or something like that.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

If I even think about making a tuna sandwich, all four beat me to the kitchen.

Yes, for sure!
    My cats always know when your trying to get ready for a trip (packing,etc). OR when it's time to go to the vet!
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

Mind read or mind control
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Originally posted by Miss Meow
    Mind read or mind control

correct!!! good one

well i'm not sure if i'd call it mind reading but i think they have some kind of 6th sense that lets them sense feelings of something.....somepeople think i'm krazy...

Well...In some ways I think they can feel the pain...That their owners feel...Because I feel like I have a special connection with my critters!
    ~*Sprink*Fritz*Odie*~

I believe that they can sense things before they happen. They also remember words too. My cat Storm knows what the word treat means. If I say the word when he's sleeping, he'll wake up and run into the kitchen and start meowing. He also remembers that he'll get treats after I groom him. After I groom him he'll wait in the kitchen until he gets his treat. If I have some rice pudding in the refrigerator and I try to sneak it out, all three of them somehow know what it is and they surround me and start begging for it. I think a lot of it has to do with their great sense of smell and their acute hearing too.

Aww! Well I think that cats have 6th senses. Too bad they see mostly gray. They don't truly get to see how pretty they are...
    ~*Sprink*Fritz*Odie*~

KAK, I agree. my kitties know the word 'treats' and also 'tuna'.............. I say it like "tuuuunnnaaaa" and they all 3 come running. sometimes I even just get the can opener out and rattle it and they are there within a few seconds.
    I think they hear what they WANT to hear. for instance, mine act like they don't know what the word 'no' means

Originally posted by yorkster

I think they hear what they WANT to hear. for instance, mine act like they don't know what the word 'no' means
    Mine do this too.

Mind readers...

I read the book by the pet psychic on Animal planet. She says that cats/animals have it easier in a way because they don't form their thoughts in words but in images. She says that if you have an image in your head, you cat/animal can see it easier. So if you visualize yourself going home, your furkids can see that too. I've found it to be true as much as I can confirm it.
    Aside from that, Calvin must sometimes think his name is "CALVIN NO"! He DOES know "GET DOWN" but I have to say it in a certain firm tone.
    Calvin & Hobbes mom

i think they can read minds its weird when ya get home and they r all waiting there just staring at ya then they relize u gunna pour they some cat food and head to the bowl lol