Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My shoulder problem

My shoulder problem

I have had pain in my shoulder for 2 weeks now. It flared up last December but only lasted for a few days. This time it is hanging on, they did an xray and it is calcified tendenosis whatever the heck that is, it is the worst thing I have ever experienced. I can't sleep, I can't get comfortable. Right now I am on vicodin, 800mg motrin and an arthritis rub and I still hurt. The dr. really did not want to give me vicodin, I had to beg for it so I can sleep.

Just thought I would rant
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I'm sorry to hear your in so much pain. I hope it feels better soon. Maybe you can try heat pads?? They work for me whenever I have shoulder problems, but I'm unsure if you can do that with this disorder/illness/thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    I'm sorry to hear your in so much pain. I hope it feels better soon. Maybe you can try heat pads?? They work for me whenever I have shoulder problems, but I'm unsure if you can do that with this disorder/illness/thingy.
    I do the heating pad every night and it does help some. I even went and bought another one when this flared up and I was out of town on vacation. They recommend putting ice on it but that just does not feel good.

I have been frosted!

Sorry to hear that you are still in so much pain. I had to look it up on the internet I wasn't familiar with it at all (I tried to post a link, but it wouldn't work). I found another page for calcified tendonitis that was under an arthritis heading so I don't know if they are related of not. Did you ask for a steroid shot yet? If not I would be calling the doctor tomorrow.

I got a steroid shot last week and it did help for a few days, I am not sure how often you can get them. My husband doesn't want me to get it anymore because there are risks involved, I just want out of pain.

I have been frosted!

I am very sorry that you are in pain. I know what that feels like. I had shoulder pain 24/7 for 2 years.The doctor said it was arthritis. But I cried from the pain and said I wanted an MRI!!!!It showed in the MRI that I had a torn rotater cuff. I had orthoscopic surgery last september.All better now!!!! Check it out more with your doctor.

Caseysmom,

I've got really bad arthritis in my right knee and woke up this morning unable to walk. The doctor gave me 50 mgs of Tramadol along with an anti-inflammatory, until I can get a cortisone shot on May 15th. You might want to ask your doctor about it.

Believe me girl, I feel your pain. The crappy cold, damp weather doesn't make it any easier either. Feel better.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Ouchie! that sounds awful. Is there anything you can do to speed the heeling?

There is nothing good about pain. It absolutely controls your life. I hope you get some relief soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Caseysmom,

I've got really bad arthritis in my right knee and woke up this morning unable to walk. The doctor gave me 50 mgs of Tramadol along with an anti-inflammatory, until I can get a cortisone shot on May 15th. You might want to ask your doctor about it.

Believe me girl, I feel your pain. The crappy cold, damp weather doesn't make it any easier either. Feel better.
    Donna, Why do you have to wait until May 15th? How long do you have to wait in between corizone shots? Is tramadol like vicodin or stronger? The vicodin sure took the edge off, I actually slept last night.

I have been frosted!

My sister had bouts of severe pain in her shoulder for years. Finally had an MRI six weeks ago. She had the same surgery Chica had on March 21st. She is still recovering the use of her arm. She's having trouble sleeping because of the pain. I don't know what meds she's got, but she needs to check with her doctor to get some relief.

There must be something for pain that works for YOU.

I'm sorry to learn of your recent bout with PAIN cassysmom!!! I've had my share of injuries along with common arthitis , but I've never had to deal with anything like calcified tendenosis ( I'd never heard of it up till now).

I'm glad that you've felt a " wave of relief " from the constant pain and I sure do hope you're feeling better soon!!!!!
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

Donna, Why do you have to wait until May 15th? How long do you have to wait in between corizone shots? Is tramadol like vicodin or stronger? The vicodin sure took the edge off, I actually slept last night.
    Because my appointment is with an orthopedic doctor and that is the earliest he could fit me in. I'm going to talk to him then about what other options I have. This knee pain can be debilitating, like yesterday. Tramadol is not as strong as vicodin, but works the same way. Vicodin knocked me out so I can't take it when I'm at work. Cortisone shots are given, I think, at 3 month intervals, or whenever they wear off. I was told that you are limited to three injections, but not sure how true that is. I'll find out more on the 15th

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Okay thanks...I am ready for amputation!

I have been frosted!

Caseysmom,

I'm ready for knee replacement!!!!