Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can cats see ghosts?

Thats so nice of El to let you know not to worry and that he was with the Pet Angels . Hes wishes he could send you some Kobe Steak , he knows that you would love that along with french fries that melt in your mouth.
    Els waiting for you Pawla and will be there to take you to Fantastic Places.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I agree with catmandu that it was a message from your El letting you know that he's all right and happy....and he wants you to be as well.

Has anyone heard of this?

I have a year old male Abby and he is a wonderful cat. However at times he seems to play with and 'talk' to something I can't see. I thought this was a small insect or something like that. However last night at around 11:40 pm Haku woke up from a sound and snoring sleep and rushed into the hallway where he began to cry for me. (He does that)
    When I went out to see what he wanted, he was staring at the ceiling and seemed to track something moving there. I lifted him up higher so he could show me 'the bug' but he didn't attack anything. This sounds odd but I am telling you it happened. He started purring and reaching for something in midair just inches from us. Again. I saw nothing.

For the next 40 minutes I let him sit on my shoulder as he meowed to this whatever it was, and he was kneading my shoulder, purring like the happy cat the entire time. I live in a fairly new apartment complex and I can't figure this out. I think I might have something here with the two of us, but he doesn't seem bothered in the least by it, in fact he seems to like it very much. I do hear odd things from time to time, but nothing really too scary. I think if I didn't see that my cat was so comfy with this whatever it is, I might be a little more freaked out. Anyone have any opinions?

Welcome to Pet Talk -
    has anyone close to you passed away?
    If it is a loved one its possible that the reason he is so comfortable with them is b/c they are there in love.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Animals see dead people

Animals are sensitive creatures, much more than most of us humans. My cat boys often look at intently at nothing. I have no doubt that they can see our family members and other people who have passed on. My boys never act like they are threatened by what they see. They act as if what they see is rather amusing. I have tried to take pictures of what they are looking at but by the time I get the camera out the cats are no longer looking in that direction.

According to Hans Holzer, a psychical researcher, he differentiates between ghosts and spirits. Ghosts, he says, are continuous replays of events, such as the ghosts that people see at places like Gettysburg, where they can see reenactments of battles. The ghosts aren't aware of the presence of humans because they have no real "life" of their own; it's merely a replay, such as watching a movie over and over again. We can observe them but we can't interact in any way. Spirits, however, according to Holzer, are souls who have pierced the veil, crossed over to the other side and can and do make contact w/those of us still here on earth. As someone who has been involved w/the spirit realm my entire life, I subscribe to this belief as well. So. Can cats see ghosts? Yes. Can they see spirits? Yes. Animals, children, the elderly and those who are ready to make their transition can see and communicate w/them because they are more sensitive as they are closest to the the thinning veil between the worlds. As we enter into the dark of the year, people and animals will have more experiences w/spirits, Samhain (Halloween) being the night when the veil between the worlds is at its thinnest. My black Halloween cat, Boo, sometimes stares at something and watches intently and I know that he's making contact. All of my cats do it but especially Boo.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

ghosts

Iam sure ruby jane, roo and scout see my little rose,who we lost in 2000. she and i were very close and sometimes when one of the other cats are on my lap or looking at me they stare over my sholder with thier eyes wide. both my husband, have seen her or what we thought was her for years,

IT WAS WARM LAST NIGHT, SO I LEFT THE DOOR TO THE ENCLOSED PORCH OPEN.
    AND LAST NIGHT, ALL THE LUCKY FOUND CATS WERE OUT THERE, AND THEY WERE MEEEOWING TO SOMEONE WHO I COULDNT SEE, BUT I COULD SENSE.
    AND I COULD SMELL SOMETHING DELICOUS , I THINK THE PET ANGELS WERE BRINGING SOME TAKE OUT FROM SETTLE FOR THIER FRIENDS AND COMPANIONS. I KNOW THE PORCH CATS GOT A MEAL TOO.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.

I agree (Also about seeing animal spirit/s)

Quote Originally Posted by ValorousFlame777
    If your animals are frightened of what they are seeing, it's time to consult a psychic or medium who can help you deal with the spirit that is frightening them; it might be someone who is malevolent or just doesn't know they are dead and needs a little help moving on!
    Hi. I'm new here, but was reading this thread about cats seeing spirits, etc. I have to agree with 'ValorousFlame777' that, if your animals are frightened, it really is time to consult a psychic/medium to get rid of the spirit. Cats should never be scared of any spirit they see, within the confines of your home. If they are, the spirit is not friendly.

I have been seeing spirits since I was a small child. I am a "psychic-medium" and, since losing my precious "Yosha" cat, I saw her a number of times. She still visits me and she passed in August, 2006. I communicate with animals who are past on also. Over and above all that, my apartment has many "orb" spirits here, of which I took pictures of. My two kittens watch them and even play with them sometimes, but they are never scared of them, as the spirits are friendly. I would highly suggest what 'ValorousFlame' said to do, if your animal/s is frightened of any spirit they see.

Thanks for listening.
    *Star1953*

My cat and dog would both perk up their ears and stare at a spot next to me on the couch from time to time. I thought I was just imagining things because I watch alot of scary tv but now i'm wondering if it was my boyfriend's dad sitting there. My boyfriend brought his dad's urn to the house and my animals never did anything weird like that before it showed up. They didnt seem to be scared. My dog loved my boyfriend's dad so maybe thats why they just both stared.

...weird

Can Cats See Ghost I Thing They Can My Friends Cat Always Sits On The Sofa And Will Stare At The Wall And Will Hide Behind The Sofas And Her Fur Spikes Up Then She Gos In The Garden And Hides Under The Chair Its So Weird

I thank thay do
    Hi all cat lovers have a nice day. chack out my meassge Board at
    http://orangeangelcat.proboards22.com/index.cgi

I Just Saw A Story Sent To Me By My Sisiter In Law Catharine
    That Tells Of A Ghostly Cat Angel Who Resides At A Pub , The Winking Judge In A Very Nice Part Of The City.
    People Often Tell Of How This Spirit Rubs Against Thier Legs,
    And Older Customers Think It May Be The Spirit Of An Older Stray Female Tabby, Augusta Who Used To Visit For Snacks And Who Was Left Food In An Outdoor Shelter.
    Is It Suprising That After Her One Fine Day, That Her Spirit Would Return To The Place Where She Was Treated So Kindly All Those Years Ago?

Re

I think too that animals do see things we don't and I like the idea that the pets we have lost are still around us.

I'm new, but want to talk about cats and ghosts

Hi. I'm new here, so I will say "Hi" to everyone first. I want to comment on cats seeing ghosts. I have two 11 month old kittens that I rescued, along with another sister and their mother. My kittens are named "Tigger" and "Satin". There have been many times that I have watched both of them looking toward me, but their gaze is set on spirits that are around me. I watched Satin, one day, as she was watching something move. She ran down the hallway and stopped, looking at the wall. I was curious, so I took a picture on my digital camera and, low and behold, Satin had her sight on a 'spirit orb'. I have a number of 'spirit orbs' in my apartment.

As for seeing our beloved pets who have passed, I lost my cherished "Yosha" over a year ago. I have actually seen her, at times, and I quite often feel her walking around my bed, as she always use to do. No, it isn't one of my kittens because I have often checked, only to see either one on my bed. When I was very young, we had a dog named "Goldie", a golden Labrador. When she passed, I cried and cried and, one night, while missing her terribly, she showed up beside my bed. I remember petting her and talking to her for a very long time before she just vanished.

I am also 'in tune' with many animals who have passed on. I have described them to their owners and even given messages to their owners. I do that via instant messaging. I don't know why I have this 'gift', but I do.

Well, I guess I should stop for now, before I write too long of a message. lol

I will find a place whee I can post pictures of my 2 kittens, and my cherished "Yosha", who is waiting for me at rainbow bridge.

Thank you for listening...
    ~Star53~