Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Small dogs...

My little digs that I own are two Beagles and a Beagle mix. Their names are Tank, Mr. Beagley, and Hazel. I don't know what my favorite small dogs would be but I think MinPins and Chihuahuas probably.

what abt shih tzus?i juz picked up mine yesterday.she's 2 mths old.

Originally posted by evelyn1157:
    <STRONG>what abt shih tzus?i juz picked up mine yesterday.she's 2 mths old.</STRONG>
    I LOVE SHIH TZUS. I have three of them so guess I better..lols.They are so lovable and devoted,make a wonderful companion and friend,a little stubborn at times,but they are so sweet and cute,you tend to overlook that little fault.Patches thinks he has to go everywhere I do and generally does.They are very loyal and affectionate,My personal
    opinion is you could not have made a better choice though there are lots of breeds that fit the same description,shih tzus are definitely at the top of my list.I also have to puppies that are sisters at 9 wks old,they are Ashley and Shila.My next favorite breed would have to be pugs. I have 2 of them also,as well as a very special little blu eyed mini doxie named Sparkles with bright blu eyes,plus a boxer who thinks he is as little as they are named Buddy Lee.My pugs are Pebbles and Snuggles.They are all my gang and very best friends.I am sure you will love your shih tzu.What is her/his name? If you have any questions please ask. I am no expert,but am pretty familiar with shih tzus.Me as well as anyone on here will help any way we can...Sandy

My husband's grandmother has a chihuahua, and he is a pretty smart little dog, but I really don't care for the breed. My idea of a small dog is Mama Dog, who is about 45 lbs. I did have a beagle when I was young and she was a really good dog. However, I do prefer big dogs.
    My pets are usually pleased with what I do, because they are not inflected with the concept of what I SHOULD be doing. My time is owned by: Missie,Thor, and Trinity!

I have a little American Cocker Spaniel. People say that they aren't good with kids but she grew up with 5 or 6 kids because my mom used to babysit alot.
    COCKERLOVER25

We have always had mid size dogs but now we have Ricky. A wonderful 6 lb long-haired chihuahua. I used to be of the opinion that chihuahuas were obnoxious, noisy little ankle bitters but then I got Ricky and I discovered that it is often how you raise them from the very beginning. Ricky loves everyone, rarely barks but will let you know if someone is too close to our motorhome or house. He licks instead of bites and is the best lap dog I have ever come across. So I guess my favorite small dog is the long haired chihuahua.

To see why I love chihuahuas, go to my webshots and see Ricky. http://community.webshots.com/user/mhmama[/IMG]

Oh my gosh! Ricky is sooo cute! I love the picture titled "sleepy baby." He is adorable.

Ricky sure is a lovely subject for your vacation photos. May I borrow him for my next trip?
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Jack Russel Terriers!

CAIRN TERRIERS!!!!

I have two small dogs. One is a Maltese/Shih-Tzu mixed. A GREAT LITTLE DOG. He will be a year old in 22 days (First time owner of Maltese)
    and I have a rescued Shih-Tzu he is a 1.5 years old.GREAT Personalities, these boys have. I also have a 7 year old Dalmation. She is Great too
    My KNines http://hometown.aol.com/beetrixpotter/AllOurKNines.html

AntiPam & Daisy's Mom,
    Thanks for comments on Ricky. He is a sweet heart but so are your angels.
    Ricky is easy to travel with but then we travel in a 36 ft motorhome. All he has to do is sit back and watch the world go by. He loves that.

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: MHMama ]

I have a yorkshire terrier puppie named louie and he,s my baby

Yorkshire Terriers