Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brown spot in his eye?

It is true that some cats have two different colored eyes. But in Mooka's case, it was a tumor. As for having the eye removed, that would certainly only be a last ditch effort. I would do everything in my power not to allow that to happen. But just to be safe, have your kitty checked. It may be benign but don't take that chance.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

picasso

ı posted a message earlier. ı hope you got it. ıf not will write again. your cat is ok. ı know. my ten year old cat had the same trouble at the age of two. now is ten and is happy and healthy and fine. no health problems, no eye removing, no putting to sleep. read my previous post.

Not sure if you can see it, but if you look at the left eye you can see the one brown mark. Bear had entropian, where the eyelashes turned into the eye, and the scarring occurred, and the URIs didn't help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thank you

Thank you everyone for all your help. I notice that some of you are getting rather anxious and worried about Picasso. Dont worry, he's acting just fine, like he allways has.
    I also noticed that some of you think that I am going to get Picasso's eye removed or worse, have him put to sleep!
    Now why would i do that.?
    So far, nothing has happened to Picasso that should make me even think of doing that, so dont worry.
    The worst that could happen, is Picasso getting his eye removed. And even then we are not going to love him any less, or abandon him, if thats what your thinking.
    He has an appointment this week, not too sure when. Becuase it depends on when the car is free.
    So I'll make a new post when there is some news.
    Cherio~!

---

NEUTER AND SPAY YOUR PETS!!!

Just letting you all know, that Picasso has an appointment on thursday to get neutered, and I'll ask the vet about the spot in his eye then... Although He will probably notice it himself once he gets a proper chance to health check Picasso.

I wonder what Picasso will be like after getting neutered... I know they say the cat is usually very quite and tired for about a week, and then return to thier normal selves after awhile.

---

NEUTER AND SPAY YOUR PETS!!!

Dear Picasso's mom, I'm glad you've got an appointment to have him neutered tomorrow. PLEASE have the vet take a serious look at this eye condition, too.

Between the vet and the technician(s) and other assistants, they ought to be able to hold him still enough to check him out. After all, an animal that fights being examined is not an unusual situation for any vet to have to deal with, and they all know (or should know) how to handle these cases.

Or if they really can't examine him, they could at least take a look at his eye after he is under the anesthesia and check the structure out some.

It sounds like, from what others are saying, this is most likely a benign condition. However, JUST on the off-chance it is serious, the sooner it's diagnosed and then treated, the better. There are veterinary ophthalmologists out there, if Picasso does have a serious eye condition.

Best wishes to you and Picasso, and happy coming-of-age operation, Picasso!

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery