Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet sweet, shy Kiara

Meet sweet, shy Kiara

I apologize for not posting better pix. Kiara is definitely camera shy. She closed her eyes for many. She was hiding under the bed when I arrived, so I got down on all fours and softly called her name. She came out from under the bed and gave me head bumpies, then rubbed her face all over mine. She didn't want to be held but she loved being petted. And at one point, she even turned her tail to me as if to say "Look at what that dog did to me" and I shot the pix. (The woman said it's a stub but it clearly isn't. She's got a long tail and I'd say that 1/4 of it is gone.) Sorry, no Photobucket. It's been another long day and I just wanted to get pix of Kiara posted as quickly as possible. Thank you again, friends, for all your support. I just love a happy ending! Here she is:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kiara3.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	809.9 KB 
ID:	35195   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kiara4.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	686.8 KB 
ID:	35196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kiara5.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	705.0 KB 
ID:	35197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0062.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	920.4 KB 
ID:	35199   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0057.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	863.2 KB 
ID:	35202  

Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

One more pic

She's winking at us.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Blessings,
    Mary

Just GORGEOUS! What a sweet and lovely girl! And once the fur grows back, she will still have quite the fluffy plume!

awww...headbumpies already. She will warm up in no time!

Bless you and Suzy for helping her!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

She is a beautiful kitty and blessed that you will be helping her recover from her physical injuries in a safe place. Blessings to you both.

It's so wonderful that you got her away from the dog and into a place that will give her love. She seems like a real sweetie! She's beautiful!!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Awe! She is so sweet looking! Those people don't deserve to have pets!!! Argh!!! I can't believe that they would allow the dog to attack that gorgeous cat! I'm so glad she's safe now!

Medusa, what a beautiful kitty! And she loved on you already. She must have a sense that she's safe from that mean dog. Do you think she didn't want to be held because her tail hurts? What a fluffy cat! She's gorgeous. I hope she stayed out from underneath the bed for you.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a beauty she is! Thank you (and Suzy) so much for rescuing her!

Oh my - she is beautiful. I love that little black chin of hers. I'm so very glad she is now safe, with people who will love and treat her with respect.

Thanks for everything you and Suzy have done to rescue her.

She is so beautiful. I am sure she is giving you "head bumpies" because she know you are there to help her and have given her a chance. Her tail will heal soon, and once the hair grows back, it won't even be noticable! She is just stunning!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Pretty girl
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Oh, she's beautiful! What a beautiful beautiful lady!
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

Yes, she's so sweet and trusting and she loves Suzy's 10 year old daughter. I'm not sure why she doesn't want to be held, perhaps the pain factor or maybe she just doesn't like it. My Pidge will sit on your lap but she doesn't like being held, so who knows. Suzy said that when she hears the neighbor's dog barking, she gets scared. (Gee, I wonder why.) But she knows she's in good hands or she wouldn't have come out to me after being handled by so many people in the last couple of days.

Most of the credit can go to Suzy. I was a horsefly, to be sure. I bit and bit and bit this woman until she couldn't swat me away any more. But Suzy is the one who went and picked up Kiara and is fostering her. I'm going to get Kiara and Suzy's other cats a fountain because she says one of her cats refuses to drink from anywhere other than her faucets. So I'll make a contribution to the furkids since Suzy has taken on so much responsibility. Her own cats are gorgeous and so sweet tempered. She has 8 of her own. I didn't realize what a rowdy bunch I have until I saw how quiet and calm hers are. Ah well, everyone's different, especially cats.

As Kiara comes along in her healing, I'll post more pix and I'll update you occasionally, too. And, if/when she's adopted, I'll be sure to let you know. But I have a hunch Suzy will keep her. Her husband wants to and so do the kids. YES!
    Blessings,
    Mary

What a beautiful girl. Poor baby has been through heck and back. But she's so lovely! I am so glad to hear that Suzy may end up keeping her and she may be in her furrever home. What a happy ending that would be!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

What a lovely girl Kiara is. I am so pleased she is safe and can heal now, even if Suzy doesn't end up keeping her. Beautiful girl is so much better off than she was before.