Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your heritage?

What is your heritage?

Just curious...?

I'm 1/2 German... both my grandpa's are 100% German. I'm 1/4 Irish... my grandma is 100% Irish. And 1/4 English... my other grandma is 100% English.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

100% Eastern European --- Czech, Polish and just found out a couple of years ago that I'm part Ukrainian. (So please pass the dumplings!)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

We've had one of these threads recently - see here for my - and several others' answers.

I responded in the other thread too, i am 100 per cent Scottish.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

My mother is half German and half Cherokee. My father is half Irish and half Scottish.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog
    My mother is half German and half Cherokee. My father is half Irish and half Scottish.

It's the same for me except switched! My dad is German/Cherokee, my mom is Irish/Scottish.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I'm 50% scottish and 50% olde English. Some of my relatives came over on the Mayflower, and I'm a direct line decendant of Miles Standish (and two convicted salem witches!=x). My mom does geneology so it's kinda cool.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I'm 100% dutch!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

100% German on my fathers side going back 700 years and over 300 on my mom's.

Woops, sorry, Karen. Didn't see the other thread.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

On my maternal side French on Paternal French and Blackfeet
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    It's the same for me except switched! My dad is German/Cherokee, my mom is Irish/Scottish.
    Kay, if you ever decide to go to college, look for scholarships based on heritage. There are TONS out there for Cherokee Indians - 1/8 or better will most likely grant you full tuition and plus some! Cherokee Indians are so rare to find because our ancestors never told anyone about their heritage - they became ashamed of it. During the time that they forced out of their own land, lots of them just hid and never told anyone.

It's so neat to find someone 1/4 Cherokee!
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

I'm cross breed lol,

My dad is Ojibway with a tiny bit of German and my mom is a pure yugoslavian along with the rest of her silbings. (SP?)

My dad's folks came here from Sicily.

My mom was English. True, loyal, English all the way. When I started doing family tree research, I discovered one of HER grandparents was from Italy. He he. Shocked the socks off her.

So I am English, Italian, and Sicilian. But my coloring and tendencies are Sicilian. I got that red hot temper. I love to cook using lots of spices and herbs. My brother is English all the way. Light coloring, prefers bland food, geesh!

And for those who may wonder, Sicilians never consider themselves, Italian.

my dad is 3/4 Irish, 1/4 Scottish and my mom is Finnish, however this one is debatable at exactly how much Finnish lol her father was shipped to Sweden as a baby during the war and doesnt remeber where he was actually born, but he grew up Swedish/Finnish despite not being born as such so that is what we call him
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils