Thread: Mystery cat takes the bus

Mystery cat takes the bus

Very pretty kitty.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Mystery cat takes regular bus to the shops
    Last updated at 17:08pm on 9th April 2007

Bus drivers have nicknamed a white cat Macavity after it has started using the No 331 several mornings a week.

The feline, which has a purple collar, gets onto the busy Walsall to Wolverhampton bus at the same stop most mornings - he then jumps off at the next stop 400m down the road, near a fish and chip shop.

The cat, nicknamed Macavity, has one blue eye and one green eye

The cat was nicknamed Macavity after the mystery cat in T.S Elliot's poem. He gets on the bus in front of a row of 1950s semi-detached houses and jumps off at a row of shops down the road which include a fish and chip shop.

Driver Bill Khunkhun, 49, who first saw the cat jumping from the bus in January, said: "It is really odd, the first time I saw the cat jumping off the bus with a group of passengers. I hadn't seen it get on which was a bit confusing.

"The next day I pulled up on Churchill Road to let a couple of passengers on. As soon as I opened the doors the cat ran towards the bus, jumped on and ran under one of the seats, I don't think any of the passengers noticed.

"Because I had seen it jump off the day before I carried on driving and sure enough when I stopped just down the road he jumped off - I don't know why he would catch the bus but he seems to like it. I told some of the other drivers on this route and they have seen him too."

Since January, when the cat first caught the bus he has done it two or three times a week and always gets on and off at the same stops.

Passenger, Paul Brennan, 19, who catches the 331 to work, said: "I first noticed the cat a few weeks ago. At first I thought it had been accompanied by its owner but after the first stop it became quite clear he was on his own.

"He sat at the front of the bus, waited patiently for the next stop and then got off. It was was quite strange at first but now it just seems normal. I suppose he is the perfect passenger really - he sits quietly, minds his own business and then gets off."
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Oh how cute! There used to be a railway line somewhere that had a travelling cat too. That would certainly brighten my journey in the morning!

I am very very amused. Thanks for sharing that.

This is the cutiest story I have seen in a long time... Now I wonder, does he take the bus back when his day out is over?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

What a gorgeous and Smart cat!!! What a great Story, sure brought a smile to my face!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    This is the cutiest story I have seen in a long time... Now I wonder, does he take the bus back when his day out is over?
    Perhaps he jogs back so that he can work off the fish and chips.

Bus Riding Cat

I love this story - what a smart cat!

My fiance showed me that article yesterday and all I could think of is I really hope that cat has a home.

Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77
    My fiance showed me that article yesterday and all I could think of is I really hope that cat has a home.
    Well the cat appears in good health and is reported to have a collar, so my guess is he has a home.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I would hope that hes taking a Few Pet Angels out for a spot of the old Haddock and Chips , and hes preety smart to know just what bus to take and where he and his friends can get off for a proper bit of grub.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a cute story, and what a smart cat! I hope he gets a good portion of fish every time he visits Fish & Chips shop. And it would be neat if he jumped on someones lap on the bus - provided they are catlovers. I would certainly be honoured.
    Last edited by Randi; 04-10-2007 at 05:16 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Does he pay the bus fare?

What a cutie pie. That must be a funny sight to see.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

How cute! Thanks for posting it.

I really hope he has a home, too. His healthy appearance and the collar make that very likely, but I'd sure like to know for certain.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery