Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Massachusetts! (Lots of Pictures Inside!)

Greetings from Massachusetts! (Lots of Pictures Inside!)

Hey all!

I was introduced to these forums by someone responding to a post of mine on craigslist - her username on this site is "Freedom". She was very helpful and answered a lot of questions that I had regarding one of my dogs. She linked me to a few threads on the forum and I decided to join, so I can talk to some people who are as crazy about their animals as I am!

My name is Liz, I'm 24 years old, and I live with my fiance and our animals in Northern Massachusetts. We currectly have 7 animals total - 2 dogs and 5 ferrets.

Below are pictures of each of them and a little bit about them. My fiance is a professional photographer, so we take lots of pictures of our "kids"

Lucy -

Lucy is an English Yellow Labrador, she will be 2 years old in July. She is a pretty typical lab - she loves water, food, people, toys, and playing. Oh, and sticks - the bigger the stick the happier she is. She regularly pulls small tress out of the ground at our house to carry around in her mouth. Her tail is constantly wagging, and when it wags, her whole back end wiggles. She loves everyone that she meets, and is one of the sweetest dogs ever.

Molly -

Molly is a 5-6 month old mix of something. Our best guess is that she is some sort of shepherd/lab mix, maybe with some Feist mixed in. We got Molly about a month and 1/2 ago from a rural shelter in Tennessee. When she got to us, she was unfortunately very sick, and wound up in the critical care unit at Angell Memorial for 5 days. She was diagnosed with pneumonia, roundworms, giardia, and she was severely anemic. The Vets there told us that she likely wouldn't survive, but luckily she pulled through. She's such a little fighter! Unfortunately the rest of her little (2 little girl pups and a 1 boy) were not so lucky, and passed away. After an obscene amount of money on vet bills, Molly is acting like a normal puppy - her and Lucy are best friends, and she's a real snuggler, she loves being held and laying on people's laps. Today Molly was diagnoed with Demodectic Mange, she received an Ivomec shot at the vet's office and will get another one in 2 weeks. We were sent home with some peroxide ointment to put on the spots that are showing hair loss to help them heal. I know she'll be alright, she's a fighter!

More to follow....

..and now for the ferrets

Hero -

Hero is a 3 year old female sable ferret. She is the first ferret that we got, and is the oldest, calmest one. She likes being held and sometimes taking naps while being held. She enjoys yogie treats as well as playing with the dogs squeaky toys. She also likes to bite Lucy's tail and run away quickly.

Villain -

Villain is a 2 year old silver male ferret. He lives up to his name! He enjoys playing with Lucy and beating her up, stealing shoes and dragging them under the bed or the dresser, and scratching on things. He especially loves shredding paper towels or toilet paper. If something is missing, chances are, Villain stole it.

Rogue -

Rogue is a 1 yr old female blaze ferret. Almost all blaze ferrets carry a gene that makes them deaf, and Rogue is no exception. She is 100% deaf and is very good at learning hand signals, as long as she gets some ferretone as a reward! She loves playing with her ferret friends and with Lucy, and also enjoys toys. Rogue LOVES dunking her head in the water bowl, and also had a habit of waiting until we fill their food bowl, and scratching in the food until it flies everywhere. I think the dogs were putting her up to that, since a lot of it would land on the floor and they would try to steal it.

Wolverine -

Wolverine is a 2 year old male sable ferret who is a big gentle loverboy! He loves people, and loves his ferret buddies, and loves the dogs too. He is a pretty mellow easy going guy, is content as long as someone is paying attention to him.

LG (Little Guy)

LG is only a baby, he's about 4 months old. He is a little rust colored ferret. LG is a punk - he dominates all of the ferrets in the cage, and doesn't seem to care that he is 1/2 their size. He will play and play and play until everyone else falls asleep - then he will play by himself! He likes getting in the water dish and splashing around. He likes antagonizing Wolvering and Villain, and makes lots of funny noises while he plays.

I hope this was an acceptable 1st post! I look forward to getting to know people (and their furry friends). I'm sure I can learn a lot from these forums, and I hope maybe I can contribute some knowledge as well.

Hi Liz!! You have adorable furry friends!! Thanks for posting all their pictures, I enjoyed seeing them.

Thank you, I'm glad you liked them I bore my friends and family sometimes with my excessive animal pictures - most of them aren't pet owners so they don't "get it" lol

That's a cute black lab you have as a picture!

You won't bore anyone here with pictures, that is for sure! We have two black labs and one mixed breed dog. We love them to pieces! I know what you mean about people that don't get it.

Welcome Liz!

I'm Kay and mom to four rescued mutts. Their names are Simba, Nala, Kiara, and Mufasa.

All of your furkids are beautiful but I adore Molly. You will learn over your stay here that I have a soft, soft, soft spot for black and tan dogs. She is absolutely precious!

Hope you enjoy it here, don't be shy!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Welcome - whereabouts in Masschusetts are you? I'm in Newton, just outside of Boston, but grew up further west.

And welcome to Pet Talk, with that crew, you'll fit in well here!

Hi Karen
    I live in North Andover, we actually just bought a house up here and relocated from Dedham. - Thanks for the welcome!

Kfamr - I LOVE the 4 names of your dogs, that's too cute! Molly is a real sweetie. When we decided that we were ready for a 2nd dog we were pretty set on another lab or lab mix, but when we saw her we just couldn't say no. I'm so glad it turned out this way, she's a perfect fit for our family. I'd love to see some pictures of your clan if you have any posted!

Grabalab, I'd love to see your pups too. And you might regret a few months from now saying I can't bore anyone here with pictures lol.

Edit - Kfamr, nevermind, I found the link in the bottom of your profile. SO cute! We got our 1st dog from a lab breeder, but since adopting Molly, I think I'm hooked on shelter dogs. They're awesome!

Hello and Welcome to Pet Talk.
    Beautiful and Adorable furkids!
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Hi Liz and welcome to Pet Talk. Great pictures of your kids!! I love all of them! We never tire of seeing pictures here. A professional photographer??? Wooohooooo!!!! My name is Terry and I am Mom to Daisy and Delilah. Both are Chihuahuas and pictured below.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Welcome to the forum Liz!! What a crew you ahve there! they are all adorable!! I just adore Ferrets! would love to have one some day! I Loved all of your pics!! I am owned by a St. Bernard, a Bloodhound/Lab mix, a DSH cat, a Ragdoll Cat, 2 RES Turtles, 7 Large Goldfish, 1 Giant Plecostomus, 6 Ducks, 17 Chickens, oh and we jsut hatched 13 more Chicks, and 8 more ducklings! we have quite the zoo here!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Welcome. Lovely family of furkids! Molly is adorable, what a cutie pie. And Lucy has such a sweet smile! My siberians and I are soon-to-be-Rhode Islanders, looking forward to our new adventures on the beaches.

Wow, thanks for all the replies everyone!

Cyber-sibes, I adore siberian huskies, they are so beautiful. I bet your dogs will love playing on the beaches in RI - I know mine do!

Critter-Crazy, that might be the longest list of animals I've ever seen! Someday I really hope that I live in a setting that will allow me to have such an impressive menagerie! A red eared slider was my first pet ever - his name was Shelly (original huh?!) My love for animals never stopped from there - I had guinea pigs, mice, all kinds of fish, and even some baby squirrels that were orphaned when their mom got hit by a car. That was quite an adventure!

Daisy and Delilah are SO cute! and Zippy, thank you for the welcome

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7
    Kfamr - I LOVE the 4 names of your dogs, that's too cute! Molly is a real sweetie. When we decided that we were ready for a 2nd dog we were pretty set on another lab or lab mix, but when we saw her we just couldn't say no. I'm so glad it turned out this way, she's a perfect fit for our family. I'd love to see some pictures of your clan if you have any posted!

Edit - Kfamr, nevermind, I found the link in the bottom of your profile. SO cute! We got our 1st dog from a lab breeder, but since adopting Molly, I think I'm hooked on shelter dogs. They're awesome!

It made me giggle when you said "if you have any posted." You will notice that photography, besides dogs, is my passion in life. I'm sure some may agree when I say there are far too many pictures posted of my four on here.

Just do a search for Muttlies in dog general and you will see tons of threads for them. I just recently posted a thread in dog general of Kiara's birthday.

Shelter dogs are the best!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Welcome to Pet Talk! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!