Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bailey the Labrador went to the RB

Bailey the Labrador went to the RB

I'm too sad and angry right now to post anything more than this. I'll post more in a little while. I've got to compose myself. Thanx, friends.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mary, OH NO!! I thought the last update was upbeat and showed improvement? Send me a PM if you wish. Thinking of you at this time.

Ok, I'm a little better now.

Mike called as I was on my way to the office and told me "Bailey's in heaven." I wasn't expecting it because last I heard, she was improving greatly. I still don't know all the details because, as I said, I was driving and I got so upset that I had to pull the car over. I ended up going back home because I was due to receive a furniture delivery today and they screwed up the delivery times, so I'll have to go back later. As it turns out, Bailey did have a brain tumor. Mike had just dropped her off at the emergency clinic and was on his way home when they called and told him that she took a turn for the worse. He said (his words), "End it." He didn't go back to be w/his little Bailey. He let her die with strangers. I had given instructions to the vet to call me so that I could be w/Bailey should they need to put her to sleep. But the emergency clinic didn't get those instructions. I'm so sick about this, I can't stop shaking. Mike said "Thank goodness Julie (another friend) was w/me. I don't know what I would've done otherwise." That's when I had to pull the car over. Oh yeah?! Well, what about Bailey? You had someone w/you. Didn't she deserve the same kindness?

I apologize again, friends, for my rant. I don't want to use PT as my own personal forum. But you've all supported me in this and you know my feelings on the subject of helping our beloved pets to the RB. I'm feeling so guilty that I wasn't w/her. What a crappy, crappy day.

The furniture store just called and they're on their way to my office, so I've got to go but I'll check in later. Thanx, friends, for all your loving words and support. And I know that now Bailey appreciates it, too.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Better with caring strangers than a ********** (add whatever letters you want in there) like Mike! His hysteria and self-pity would have been bad for the staff and for Bailey.

I hope you get to talk with someone there later...perhaps Bailey worsened so quickly that they had to deal with it, just calling Mike.

I KNOW how you wanted to be there...OMG.

I hope you hear from the clinic.

HUGSHUGSHUGS to you, my dear. I wish I could make it all better.

Bailey will be YOUR Pet Angel now.

I'm so sorry, Mary...
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh I am so sorry!! RIP Bailey! At least Bailey is no longer suffering, and is playing hard at the Rainbow bridge!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Unhappy

Baileys got his wings and is helping the Pet Angel Army in Las Vegas getting things ready for All thier Visitors and Guardians.
    Bailey is having a party in his honor at the finest Steak House in the City where a 3 Pound Steak will be there cooked to perfection.
    He knows that you wanted to be with him, but he knows that he will come and be with you when you get too sad.
    And that you will be together for eternity when your time comes to cross that Rainbow Bridge.
    One Fine Day.
    Last edited by catmandu; 04-06-2007 at 09:28 AM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh No! Poor Bailey! Well, at least she is at peace now, but how sad that she had to go and had only strangers by her side. She must have been so scared. I was so hoping that she was getting better. Knowing the huge loving and forgiving souls of animals, she has already forgiven him. I don't even know him, but I don't think he deserves it. You were a godsend to Bailey. I'm so glad that you were there for her, so much more than her owner. You truly cared about her wellbeing.

Mike should be ashamed of himself. He took the coward's way out and told them to put her to sleep while he wasn't even there for her. I don't know who Julie is, but she must have poor taste in companions. Part of me hopes that he won't have another pet to put through this again. Get him a pet rock. That's all he can take care of.

RIP Bailey

(PS whys it in cat memorial?)
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Karen allowed me to put it there because I had written a previous thread about her. I won't do it again but she indulged me this one time.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Bailey the Labrador went to the RB

Mary thats quite alright where your Thread is.. You have nothing to be sorry for & no one needs to be asking for your apologies.. You have been greiving so much.. We all understood.. Huggss & Prayers.. Try to have a very nice Easter..
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    Karen allowed me to put it there because I had written a previous thread about her. I won't do it again but she indulged me this one time.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I'm so sorry Mary; that's so sad about Bailey. I know how you feel because when I thought I was going to have to put my collie to seep after 10 years because she had a huge tumor that ruptured I was so so scared for her and so sad and upset. My mom wanted to know if I wanted my dad to just carry her to have it done, but I said NO. If we carried her I wanted to be with her all the way til the end. I didn't want her to be afraid or scared. Thankfully, she went on the Heaven on her own and we didn't have to get her pts. I was glad we didn't have to because the thought of it was killing me inside. I still miss her every single day and there is never a day that goes by that I don;t think about her.

I'm so so so sorry about Bailey. I know you wanted to be there and I'm so sorry that they didn't call you which they definitely should have since you asked them to. I know that Bailey must have really loved you though. Please take care...

Genny
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Oh, Mary, what a horrible, horrible way for this to turn out! And how heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. You did absolutely everything that you could possibly have done for dear Bailey. And still it turned out like this, due to Mike's thoughtlessness and irresponsibility and, resulting from that, circumstances completely beyond your control, i.e., her winding up at the emergency vet's, who didn't know to call you.

As somebody or other, I don't remember who, once said, There Ain't No Justice (or TANJ for short). Not in this particular plane of existence, anyway. BUT:

I think (hope, anyway) that these things all get settled out at the end and that Bailey knows everything now. Mike was not worthy of her. She is resting and healing peacefully and settling in at the Bridge, knowing and grateful for how loved she is by you and now by so many Pet Talkers. She will be there to greet you and welcome you, One Fine Day (thank you, Gary). And she is just in time for the big Easter party in Vegas!

Thank you for posting in the Cats Memorial section. I might have missed it elsewhere.

We are all sending our hugs and purrs of love and support,

Pat, Priscilla, Peony, Poppy, Sydney, and Elmer
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

That just makes me so sad that Bailey had to go through that alone. That is not okay. At least you can rest easy knowing she is no longer in pain and is having a blast at the Bridge. (there seems to be a lot of pets going to the Bridge lately, are they having a party up there or what?)
    Thank you for wanting to be there with his dog even if he didn't. You have such a kind heart.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Unhappy

O NO!!! O, Mary, I am so sad to read about Bailey. Unfortunately, like a few people I know that have pets, Mike was not there for Bailey when she needed him the most! But like others have posted, at least there were caring people there with her at the end. Bailey knows very well, Mary, how you tried to be a good advocate for her!!! Sleep softly, dear Bailey...
    Nine is Fine!!

It just hurts me to think that Bailey wasn't cradled in Mike's arms when she passed. She absolutely adored him; you could see it in her eyes. He mentioned it all the time, too. And to think that the last words she could've heard are "I love you, Bailey" but instead she more than likely heard "Ok, start the injection." I just get so sad. No animal should have to endure that. Even the ferals that I rescued that had to be PTS were held and softly spoken to so that they knew the human touch and experienced some loving kindness before they left this plane. I'm still so shocked and angry that Mike could do that to Bailey. I haven't spoken to him since. In spite of it all, I know that he's grieving. But I also know that he's relieved that he didn't have to be there when she died. And that's why I don't want to talk to him.
    Blessings,
    Mary