Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A post from me

A post from me

Hey everyone. I thought I'd post a nice whining, complaining message here. First off, I hope nobody has tried to email me. My internet service just dropped us without notice, so my [email protected] address does not work, and I haven't had the internet all week. Right now I'm on some cheapy one, and I don't know how long it will last. You can email me at [email protected] if my mailbox is not full of spam.

Right now is not a happy time. I'm really worried. I have got pancreatitis twice this year. And this time around I had to be in the hospital for 4 days. (2 without food or water mind you) That was around 2 weeks ago. After I got out they just told me I could eat whatever (morons) but I still took it really easy, I mean the only solid food I ate was like a piece of bread. I got in pain again, so the doctor scheduled me for a MRI and gave me some pills so I could eat some real food. Yeah well on Monday I had the MRI, and they didn't say anything...except the pancreas looked slightly "abnormal" and I need a CT scan. Well after the CT scan, slightly abnormal has turned into a cyst, and now they are saying its a tumor. They don't really know what it is, or what has caused it. It could just be a concentrated area harded by pancreatitis. But anyway, it's scaring me to death, so if anyone could say a prayer or something, maybe it would help...thanks

And the non-complaining part of this post....I did get to look at puppies tonight. Cute pups, I want one so bad! I should have taken the digital camera. And I heard the Humane Society is hiring. It's quite the drive for me, but I need a job and that is one I'd really love sooo...we'll see.

Yeah sorry for the long post. I'm just bored and I've really missed my internet time, heh. I can only last so many days without it. I just wish I had my email back! Oh one more complaint---it was 104 degrees today and our swamp cooler decided to die!

P.S. I was planning on starting up that funny pet pic contest soon...I just need to get my outlook express email working first. So start looking through your pics.

I will be sure to pray for you.. I have never heard of pancreatitis before... is it not something where they can remove your pancreas? Is the pancreas removeable? Well anyway, with God all things are possible and HE IS IN THE MIRACLE WORKING BUSINESS.
    btw... what is a swamp cooler?!?!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

I will be parying for you! Sounds liek you have had a really ruff (lol) time latly. I hoe things start to get better here on out. Are you going to be getting a puppy? That would be so cool if you did!
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Oh, Amy, I am sorry to hear that you have been so ill. You have come to the right place to *complain*. I call it *venting* and it is just exactly what you need to do right now. These medical problems can be so scary. It does seem as if they are determined to find the cause of your problem and that the first step to the cure. Just remember the human body has marvelous recuperative powers and this board has a tremendous amount of love and caring and many here believe strongly in the power of prayer which we shall put to use immediately. Don't be discouraged, Amy.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Amy, I am sorry you are not feeling well. Glad to hear that you are getting yourself taken care of and I hope the doctors find out what is going on soon.

Are you looking for a summer job? Good luck.

Oh, Amy. I had no idea that you were so sick lately. I'm glad to hear they are trying to find out the cause of your pain and get it taken care of. And this "is" the place to vent, complain, whine or anything else you want to do. That's what we're here for, each other!
    Are you planning on getting a new puppy?!
    Keep us updated on how things are going. I was beginning to wonder where you were!
    Take care & I'll say a prayer for you
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Get well soon. After all, you may soon have a new puppy to keep up with .

Amy, I was wondering why we haven't seen your posts lately. Thanks for bringing us up to date on what is going on. Now we can begin to pray for you and let you know how much we care. Please take care and update us when you know something.

Amy, I hope everything will work out well for you soon. You will be in my thoughts!

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

HI Amy, I'm so sorry that you have been so sick. You know you will get many, many prayers from Miss Daisy, Perry and me for a complete recovery. Just try to take it one day at a time. Sometimes everything happens at once, but then the sun shines.
    Take care, we love ya
    Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas. The pancreas is a large gland behind the stomach and close to the duodenum. The duodenum is the upper part of the small intestine. The pancreas secretes digestive enzymes into the small intestine through a tube called the pancreatic duct. These enzymes help digest fats, proteins, and carbohydrates in food. The pancreas also releases the hormones insulin and glucagon into the bloodstream. These hormones help the body use the glucose it derives from food for energy.

Normally, digestive enzymes do not become active until they reach the small intestine, where they begin digesting food. But if these enzymes become active inside the pancreas, they start "digesting" it.

Acute pancreatitis occurs suddenly and lasts for a short period of time and usually resolves.
    Hope yours resolves, and how rude of your ISP to quit on you! No Fair!

To answer someone's question, no, you can't live without your pancreas, but from what I read, they don't remove the whole thing if they finally need to do surgery anyway!

You are in my prayers.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your kind words and thoughts. Karen is right, no, you cannot live without a pancreas. And they rarely do implants. But I'm just hoping it won't come to this. The enzyme levels when I went into the hospital a few weeks ago were 12 times normal. Now one is normal, and the other is 1300 (supposed to be around 300) But at least it is going down. Somehow it is related to my polycystic ovarian syndrome, because everytime I take something for that it happens. The problem is, nobody knows WHY.

Yes I might be getting a puppy. *grin* You may all think I'm crazy, but I've wanted a husky my entire life...so I'm going to get that breed. I've looked at 4 different pairs of pups. They are all expensive. The one breeder was really nice, and seemed to know a lot about the breed. Her adult dogs were just gorgeous. A tad pricey though. The pups I actually liked the best were $100 cheaper, but they don't have the AKC (which I'm not sure if it really matters anyway) and they were male. Not that I have anything against males (both my dogs are) but I just thought a female would be a bit smaller. Who knows, I guess it depends on the dog.

A swamp cooler is a crappy device the poor people who don't have central air use. It's supposed to cool it down some, its kind of like a big fan thing in the ceiling..I believe it uses water to cool. It's working now, I don't know why it quit on us yesterday. Not that it does any good. OMG, today we had to drive in a little old car, stuck in bad traffic on the freeway....for 1 1/2 hours....it overheated...had to have the heater on high to cool it down....and the temp was 104 degrees today also...imagine sitting in an oven....

K I'll stop blabbing now.......

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. We will be praying things work out soon. Maybea new puppy will be a miracle cure. Not much is better at healing then puppy kisses