Thread: Baby Rabbit

Baby Rabbit

This is about a little baby rabbit that I only knew for a very short time. I don't even have a picture of him.

I found this little baby rabbit last night around 12:30 am. My cat was trying to kill him, so I brought the baby inside. I cleaned him up and put him in a dog carrier I use to keep my poodle in when we were house training her. I put warm paper towels, hay and some warm cotton in with the baby and I also gave him fresh water with some carrots, rabbit food and a piece of apple. He didn't eat any, so he might have been too afraid. I thought he was going to go into shock, as you know lots of baby rabbits will and they usually die, but he didn't. He hopped around and could walk really well. I planned on getting him strong again and then releasing him in the wild after he grew a little more.

He had a gash where the cats had clawed his little back leg, and it was pretty deep. His tail was also ribbed half way off. It was so sad, but he really tried to hang on. He was very friendly and last night when I posted asking if anyone could please help me out with him I held him in my lab and pet his soft little head.

Today I got up around 8am and went to check on him and he was fine. I had to leave around 3pm to go to town and I hated to leave him, but I had to have bird food for the birds, so I went ahead and went to town. I was gone a few hours and when I got back he was gone. I miss him so much!

I know I only knew him for a short time, but it really bothered me tjat he died because I really loved him. He was so young and didn't deserve to die the way he did. I guess the cut was way deeper than I thought and he was already in too much pain to hang on any longer.

i just wanted to share this because that little rabbit was a special one. I cried and cried when I found him, but I kknow I'll always remember him.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I am sorry that the lil' fellow didn't make it, but remember, you tried your best. He is now hopping on the Rainbow Bridge with his bunny friends. He is eating the lush grass and nibbling on the endless piles of fresh carrots. The water is crystal clear and he has all the hay he could dream of! You will meet again, one day. Chin up. You did good and he knows you just tried to help. RIP lil' bunny.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

I'm so sorry that this little bunny didn't make it. You did try your best and the bunny got to experience your love and care for alittle while. Now at the rainbow bridge; rest in peace little bun bun.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Thankyou guys. I'm just picturing the little baby at the RB with my rabbit I use to have that went to the RB almost 10 years ago. I know they're running and having a great time together. Thanks for your kind words
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Sometimes we are given a little one to take care of for a short time. Just a while for they must cross the rainbow bridge, this has already been determined. But until that happens they need someone for that time, someone who will love them, take care of them and remember their sweetness. Someone who thinks of them at night. Each creature is special and you were given this little bunny as a gift. A gift to remember a gift to care for. He was in your hands and you did good.