Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Kiri's latest vet check--update post #120.

Kiri still won't eat on her own, probably because she's got a nasty case of the sniffles and can't smell the food. I've been syringe-feeding her Royal Canin recovery diet mixed with some chicken broth (tried to get her to eat some of the chicken, but no luck with that). She's been drinking some water and using the litterbox. But she's still a sick little kitty, and I'm still very worried about her.

How about trying a bit of really stinky tuna or a bit of canned salmon? Or a can of cheaper stinky cat food?

If you have some Vicks, let her sniff a dab on your finger...that might help too.

PT PRAYERS for little Kiri! You've come this far sweetie, keep moving ahead!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We'll keep the prayers going. Don't give up hope. Kiri is a fighter.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

It is so hard when our kitties won't eat. But keep up the force feeding, to keep up her strength, and she should come around soon. Sending more prayers.

More prayers for sweet Kiri from us all.

Hugs and purrs,
    Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, and Elmer
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Kiri is staying the same, which worries me. She still won't eat on her own, so I'm still syringe-feeding her. I don't know whether she's drinking much on her own, although I've seen her at the water bowl a couple of times--so I'm giving her water from a squeeze bottle every so often (plus I have to mix some water into the food to get it through the syringe.

She's using the litter box (no poops so far, though). And she's still got some fight in her--she's able to climb into my lap, where she spends a lot of time. And she tried to get out of the room I'm keeping her in when I opened the door this morning. But she's so thin and weak.

I've got a call in to the vet who treated her last week, to see whether he has any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina
    Prayers being prayed, healing energies being sent, fingers and toes and paw pads all crossed in support of dear Kiri.
    From here too.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I think it was Pouncer - or some other PT cat - who still wasn't quite right after getting over the worst of something similar to what Kiri had...and a shot or two of Vitamin B12 really seemed to help.

If you haven't talked to your vet yet, that might be an idea.

It's all I can think of at the moment...prayers and good thoughts continuing!

Yet more prayers for Kiri

This is my first time on here---so sorry, but I'll add extra prayers to make up for it all--I know how it is to fight kidney disease in a kitty. Keep it up--we'll keep up the prayers on our ends since that's all we can do. Kiri, we know you can do---she needs you. Yvonne

Warming up her food makes it smellier too. Try adding a bit of Kitty Kaviar or other bonito flakes and warming it up - if she can't smell that I'll be surprised!

Love, Columbine

Have you tried holding something really stinky to her nose? Even a can of Fancy Feast might stimulate her! Junk food I know, but just to get her eating.

If you have a small steamer (add Vicks), maybe put her in the bathroom for a bit and steam up the room, or even with a hot shower running.

Eucalyptus oil...tea tree oil...just thinking of things that would get through her nostrils!

HUGS

I'm so sorry to hear that Kiri is still not eating on her own.

Catty1, it was my Starr that had the vitamin B-12 shot and this really perked him up. I don't know if this would help Kiri but it might be worth a try.

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Kiri is back at the vet's--not the same vet as before, but one near my house. She was getting dehydrated again. Still no clue what's really wrong with her.

I don't want to give up on her, but I worry about whether she's trying to let go by not eating or drinking. She hasn't been trying to get away and hide--she's spent most of the last few days on my lap. So I don't know what she's trying to tell me.

I am so sorry to hear this. I sure hope they can get her feeling better, good enough to eat on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by CatsinDenver
    Kiri is back at the vet's--not the same vet as before, but one near my house. She was getting dehydrated again. Still no clue what's really wrong with her.

I don't want to give up on her, but I worry about whether she's trying to let go by not eating or drinking. She hasn't been trying to get away and hide--she's spent most of the last few days on my lap. So I don't know what she's trying to tell me.
    You tell that Kat, that after her siblings chorused me all night, I expect her to visit and chorus also!! No if ands or Buts! she is now in big trouble if she doesn't quit worrying Mom!

Love, aunty Kym
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be