View Poll Results: Do you think we should add a new forum for the Pet Food Recall?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I approve of a new forum

43 53.75%
  • No, leave things as they are

24 30.00%
  • Other - please post

13 16.25%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Forum Poll

New Forum Poll

Just running a quick poll to see if people think having a new forum for the Pet Food Recall is a good idea. We'd put it down in Other, below General, because it deals with all kinds of pets, not just dogs or just cats. This poll will be up for a day, 24 hours.

If we create a new forum, I'd move all the applicable posts from Dog General, Cat General, Cat Health, etc. into it.

I don't think a new forum is necessary....I think a sticky thread or an announcement would be enough. The actual sticky thread could be in general (since it's not just one type of pet) but there could be a sticky linking to that thread in dog general, cat general, pet general, etc. I don't think we need all of the previous threads, just a list (edited and updated) of all the foods on the recall and some links with more info. But I really don't care either way.

Yes, good idea.

Anything to avoid another sticky! I hate stickies and never, ever notice them anymore because I always see them and I look below them.

New Forum Poll

I voted yes.. But this idea from wolf_Q sounds good..
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q
    I don't think a new forum is necessary....I think a sticky thread or an announcement would be enough. The actual sticky thread could be in general (since it's not just one type of pet) but there could be a sticky linking to that thread in dog general, cat general, etc. But I really don't care either way.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I don't think a new forum is necessary....I think a sticky thread or an announcement would be enough. The actual sticky thread could be in general (since it's not just one type of pet) but there could be a sticky linking to that thread in dog general, cat general, pet general, etc. I don't think we need all of the previous threads, just a list (edited and updated) of all the foods on the recall and some links with more info. But I really don't care either way.
    I agree with this.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Me too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

I agree with this also.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I agree.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

What's a sticky?

I said yes because I think we're only hearing the tip of the iceburg. I think there will be more information to come....like other foods being recalled....what really caused this recall....who is going to pay for this.....what will be done to prevent this in the future....etc.

Just my .02 cents.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Oh...and a petition. I'm still looking for a petition to sign! I think the FDA needs a separate fully staffed department to regulate the pet food industry. It's a multi-billion dollar industry and it needs to be regulated correctly.

If this were a baby food recall, we'd have more information by now and we'd know exactly what foods/treats were effected and who/what caused them to be recalled.

Grrrr......
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I chose other because I think this sounds like a good idea.

There are a lot of "yes" votes, but seems like a lot of people are saying this sounds like a good idea.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I voted other because seen the food recall keeps getting bigger and bigger it might be a good idea to have another forum but then I think that would be to many forums.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I voted yes to Mayor Karen's original concept.

I don't think a new forum all together is necressary. A stickied thread each in Dog General, Cat General, and General would be sufficient.

Maybe a link to each thread on the main POTD page -
    DOTD links to Dog general
    COTD links to Cat General
    POTD links to General.

In Dog General, there could be a list of all of the affected treats and foods for dogs.

The same from Cat General, for cats.

General can have a link to menufoods.com, and the specific Dog/Cat stickies.

I'm on a few other forums who have close to 50 or so forums. It's very annoying, hence the reason I do not go there often. However, PT has been very "slim" and organized in forums. This recall won't be here forever, so there's no reason to has a seperate forum for it.

If someone creates a new thread you can just add it to the sticky like you did the graphics/signatures threads.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I also agree with Wolf_Q. We could keep adding new Forums for this and that, and end up with lots of Forums. I think a new Forum should be for something permanent.

However, the subject of Pet Food Recall is very important at the moment, so a sticky may be a good idea. Then again, if this subject keeps popping up, a new Forum may be in order.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.