Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got horrible news.

Just got horrible news.

Well earlier today my dad asked me if I worked tomorrow and I said "yeah why" and he wouldnt answer me so I just left it go. So now I just got off work and my mom asks the same thing, and again I told her yes I work, she told me I had to call off or find someone to work for me because my grandmother is dying and she most likely doesnt have much longer and we have to go to her house to say goodbye, its so horrible and hard!! She is my only grandmother left that hasnt died I dont want to have to say goodbye to her, she is on morphine, she cant walk or anything, she is just laying in bed and her nursings told us it might be any day until shes gone. I guess her heart is now failing. Sorry for the thread I just dont know how else to get it out of me other than telling others.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry, prayers for you and your family!
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. I can feel that your heart has broken into peices over this situation but please know that God knows what he is doing. He will do the best. If it is the right time for her to leave this Earth, she will go to a higher place. You will meet her again..

I am so sorry.. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love!!

-hugs-

I am so sorry to hear this!

When you visit, smile and tell her a favourite memory you have of her, or more.

Even if she happens to be (I hope not) in a coma, there's a very good chance she can hear you. Hearing is the last thing to go.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks so much everyone, its just so hard, its actually a shock, I thought she would have a long time to live yet and this all just happened so sudden.

Whats going to hurt the most is letting my 3 yr old son give her a hug and kiss and say goodbye to his great grandmother who he may not remember since he is so young and wont understand whats happening to her, I heard she talks and can remember more when she is on the morphine but thats about it. she cant really breath, if she moves she stops breathing, Whats so strange is I was my sons age when I have to say goodbye to my great grammy and it was in the same house, its like same thing happening over again.

I'm so sorry. I had a grandmother pass away a few years ago now, and that was one of the worst times of my life too. It was so sad and hard to get over, ecspecially for my mom.

I will pray for your grandmother that her passing will be peaceful and for you and your family that you will all be okay.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

i'm so sorry. i hope her passing is peaceful.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's so hard to lose a loved one. My thoughts and prayers are with you

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Is she your dad's mom or your mom's mom?

I know the kind of "tunnel" this brings on - totally unreal, and you have to go through it.

But I know your parents will feel very supported by you just being there...and they will support you too.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry . She will be in my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Is she your dad's mom or your mom's mom?

I know the kind of "tunnel" this brings on - totally unreal, and you have to go through it.

But I know your parents will feel very supported by you just being there...and they will support you too.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    This is my dads mom. My moms mom already passed away and I was sooo close to her she helped my mom raise me because my mom worked 2 jobs and was really young when she had me.

I'm so sorry. It's very hard to say goodbye. I hope she can realise that you're there for her. I hope she passes on peacefully and without pain.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06