Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weirdest place you've found your cat...

Weirdest place you've found your cat...

Has you cat ever gone missing and you couldn't find them ANYWHERE? We have. We could find Smit for the longest time once, and we were starting to freak out. Anyway, I can't remember if my mom was looking, or getting a shirt, but she found the cat streched out in one of her drawers. (it was closed too..so I duno how my mom didn't see her in there..she looks pretty comfy tho! )
    Another scary time, we actually found her in the bottom of our stove (Where the pots go) Like I said, I have NO idea how my mom didn't see her when she closed it. We heard a little noise from in there, and opened it and there she was..Weird lmao. Anyone else found their cats in weird places?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

In the refrigerator - that is the all-time weird spot for my kitties. My RB kitten Squee managed to sneak in while I held the refrigerator door open too long. Fortunately, I figured out where he was before too long - he got a bit cold, but no damage.

He never did tell me if the light stays on in the refrigerator when the door is shut!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

One day , I couldn't find Sydney anywhere !!!
    I yelled my lungs out , but no cat !!!!
    Suddenly I heard a bell ringing softly in the night hall ; my first thought was : there are only closets there !!!!
    Then I listened more carefully and I squized a bag of treats ;
    Guess what happened ?? One of the sliding door slowly opened , and there he was , looking at me with on his face : "Hey , why are you yelling so loud ?? I am sleeping you know !!"

Inviso-cat

there are times when I think Ritz has the capability of making herself invisible (no doubt from ordering that book from Amazon.com "Cheshire Cat in 10 Easy Lessons")..

We usually close our bedroom door during the day when we are at work, not because we mind Ritz b eing in there, but sometimes the door will close on its own and we don't want Ritz to be locked in without food/water/litterbox.

One morning I was leaving for work and going through my "where's Ritzy" check. This way I know she is in open territory when leaving the house, and has access to all kitty necessities.

One morning, already running late, there was no Ritzy to be found. I tried all methods of attraction, open the back door, open the patio door (always comes running for those), calling her name....panic sets in as I was worried she was sick or hurt and couldn't come (she almost always comes when called). I went back up stairs, opened the bedroom door, went back down, looked under all chairs, back up under all beds, inside all closets....no Ritzy

In exasperation, I said "Ritzy, WHERE ARE YOU?" and this little face popped around the corner of the staircase, half way up, with a little meow and a look, "what's up mom?".....to this day I don't know where she was - hence my belief that she has the ability to temporarily become inviso-cat!
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Although this temporary residence that I am now occupying is too small for any of my furkids to hide in, I did"find" Tiger in a restaurant, in that she was brought in by a couple of teen-aged girls looking for someone to give her to. When I saw her lynx- siamese points, I immediately took her. And now she is nearly 9 lbs. of mischevious kitty, and not yet 1 year old!

..........wayne

Our Noel hides in places unknown! We will rattle her mice, shake a treat bag, open the refrigerator, open the slider, even play with the laser pen (aiming it in every crevace in our apartment) and she still is no where to be found....maybe she and Ritzy have been talking!

Noah's wierdest place is my husbands backpack. If it ends up on the floor, Noah is in it! It is too cute!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Former User Guest
    OK, this is not weird, but caused us to look for Kitty for quite a while. We just coulnd't find her anywhere, we yelled, and called her, nothing. We checked all the closets, bathroom, everything. Well, not everything apparently, because she was on my chair which was under the dining table There she was and when we found her, she just looked at us with an expression on her face: what's this fuss hoomans, I wanna sleep!

I lost Jasmine once and went into a panic as she was gone for two hours. Then I remembered I had grabbed something from the linen cupboard door, went upstairs, opened the door and there she was! She doesn't meow, only does little squeaks, so she didn't respond when I called her earlier!

This is Jasmine on top of the kitchen cupboards, with her friend the M&M dispenser.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I've found Storm a few times hidden under a chair and sleeping on my shoes. Here's a picture of that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Pepper has gotten himself locked in my roommates bathroom and also locked out of my condo. Luckily the front door opens up to a hallway and not to the outdoors. Sunny has hidden under my bed and gotten himself locked in my roommates room. These aren't unusual places but when they were in these places it took me a while to find them.

Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
    I've found Storm a few times hidden under a chair and sleeping on my shoes. Here's a picture of that.

Aha! The proverbial "Puss in Boots"!
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Tatty would sometimes scare me, he loved to sleep in the linen cupboard. Not knowing he was in there I would go and get a towel or something, opening the door I would see this face looking up at me. it made me jump.

I have found my Sapphire sleeping in the sink, hiding in the dryer, and in numerous kitchen drawers. But her love for small, cozy spots really surprised us when we found her squeezed in a shoebox in my closest!
    ~kristina~
    mommy of sapphire

*click here to see sapphire's photo album*

Fister has found a new hiding place - or so he thinks. I found it! I have this huge cupboard with four shelves. Three of them have duvets and pillows and one is for my summer/winter clothes. Recently, Fister has learned how to open that one. I was looking all over for him and then I saw the door to that cupboard was slightly open - there he was, on a pile of summer clothes.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Buddy used to go missing on me in the house as well. I think he is a Houdini cat like Noel and Ritz. He doesn't do this very often any more but he will get completely under the covers on my bed or Rachael's bed and will make himself so compact that you do not see him. I don't know how he can breathe in there but he does. A couple times I have gotten into my bed at night only to hear a meowrrarrrr because I sat or laid on him!