View Poll Results: Do you still write checks?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I still use checks

30 35.29%
  • I pay some things by check and some on line

47 55.29%
  • I pay everything on line

8 9.41%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you still write checks?

Do you still write checks?

This thread will definitely date me, but I was wondering who still writes checks. My son thinks I am living in the Dark Ages because I was just balancing my checkbook. I found an error that I made in the amount of $.06 and told him that I was able to find it and fix it. He said "that would never happen to me because I don't write checks." He pays everything on line and uses his debit card. My daughter is pretty much the same way. I just feel comfortable with paper. There is something comforting about writing a check. How about you. Anyone still write checks?

Nope.... I have checks... but I don't have a license. LOL so they are pretty useless to me unless it is check by phone hahaha.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I pay most everything online. I do mail my car payment in by check, because if you pay by phone or online they add a $10 fee. I don't want to give them an extra $120 a year for that 'convenience' so I just mail it...

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I pay all my regular monthly bills by check. I buy a lot of stuff online and use my credit card for that.

We still use checks, it helps to have a "paper trail" in case there are ever any questions. Also we get nice animal checks, so that people receiving them maybe get a little boost by the cheery picture.

I pay all my bills with checks! I do buy things online with my card. I also shop with my debit card. But regular monthly bills get paid with checks!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I only use cheques for a few things, for axmple when Electra was CERF'd I mailed in the form with a cheque. or I used Cheques to pay for Leck in the first place. basicly things that a Cheque is my only real option. for the most part though I pay with paypal, debit card, or credit cards.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

LOL I am amazed at how many people write us checks at the bead store.... and they are ALL different. We have one lady with Winnie the Pooh checks... we have one lady with Ozzy Osbourne checks lol. I always like to see what the next check will have on it hahaha.

OH plus, my checks are from my Canadian Bank account LOL so that's another reason I can't really use them lol

I still have them, but I rarely use them. I've had the same bank account for seven years. I'm still using the cheques that came with it. Never had to reorder.

I don't pay any bills with cheques. All on-line or automatic withdrawals. About the only time I use cheques is when I'm buying something from a fundraiser. I seem to write them most often to someone's kid at work! There's always someone selling something for their sport or school.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    I still have them, but I rarely use them. I've had the same bank account for seven years. I'm still using the cheques that came with it. Never had to reorder.

I don't pay any bills with cheques. All on-line or automatic withdrawals. About the only time I use cheques is when I'm buying something from a fundraiser. I seem to write them most often to someone's kid at work! There's always someone selling something for their sport or school.
    LOL I am glad you are spelling it cheques. I "corrected" myself everytime I wrote that in this thread LOL. I put CHQ on the deposit sheet at work for our records and my boss says "what is CHQ" LOL oops

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19
    LOL I am glad you are spelling it cheques. I "corrected" myself everytime I wrote that in this thread LOL. I put CHQ on the deposit sheet at work for our records and my boss says "what is CHQ" LOL oops

I've always spelled it that way. Pretty sure that's the Canadian/British spelling. Drives me nuts when my spellchecker tries to change things to the American spellings!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    I've always spelled it that way. Pretty sure that's the Canadian/British spelling. Drives me nuts when my spellchecker tries to change things to the American spellings!

LOL it is. That is how I actually spell it. But it confuses people here in PA sometimes so I have been working on my American spellings

I still pay bills with checks. I do use my debit or credit card in stores or online and I do have Paypal.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Still pay most things by cheque.

I pay everything online that is available that way! I love it! However, I do print out receipts and also document my confirmation / authorization numbers! So, I still have a "paper trail" of receipts ... but it is easier than writing out checks!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!