Thread: Overstock.com .... anyone ever ordered?

Overstock.com .... anyone ever ordered?

Has anyone here ever ordered from Overstock.com? I have found an area rug that I really like, but I am very scared about ordering something like this online. There was one customer testimonial for a rug who said that she loved her rug, but the colors weren't like how they appeared in the website picture? The colors in the picture of the one I want look perfect for my L.R. but how can I be sure?

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

My sister has ordered from there. I will be seeing her tonight and let you know what she says. (of course that is if my memory doesn't fail me)

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

That would be great, thank you!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    We have a Nikon digital camera that we ordered from them, it's just as the site said. But, I'm not sure about colors and their depictions on the site. What is their return policy? I'd give it a shot if they allow you to return it and will pay for the shipping.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

My sister ordered cookbooks from overstock.com -- it worked out fine.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I've ordered from Overstock several times and have never had a problem. However just like with any product you purchase on the internet sometimes the colors look different in photos then they would in person. It isn't really the websites fault. Many times when I look at something like the Ikea website I get to the store and realize the product looks a little different from the picture, that's just the way it is sometimes. If you are worried that it might look different in person you could ask about their return policy.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I've ordered from them several times. Their return policy is great, their shipping is both cheap and fast. I've only had to return one thing and I didn't have any issues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Thank you for all the great input! I've had a difficult time finding an area rug both in the style and colors I need for my LR. The shipping is VERY cheap, so may be worth it to return, if it isn't quite right! THANKS!

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    Thank you for all the great input! I've had a difficult time finding an area rug both in the style and colors I need for my LR. The shipping is VERY cheap, so may be worth it to return, if it isn't quite right! THANKS!

Kim
    And if you join their mailing list and are willing to hold off for a week or 2, they'll even discount their shipping! So, instead of paying $2.95, you'll save a whole dollar! Or not pay any shipping at all! Keep in mind that I don't think they pay for return shipping, though. So if you do have to ship it back, it may be more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

I've ordered from there several times, mostly dvds, books, toys and household items. I was going to order a bed from them last year when we redecorated our bedroom but they didn't have it in king size when I was ready to order.

I've always been pleased with them.

I'm looking for a coupon code for you. I'll email it when I find it. Update - email sent!

From Decker with Love

I have never ordered from there personally, but my friend shops there constantly. He loves it, and has never had a problem.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I've bought tableware and linens from them, and been quite pleased in both cases.

I did ask my sister last night and she said she has ordered a number of different things and they all have been what they were represented to be. My other sister got my mom some stuff and it too was just what they wanted. Julia ordered my parents a stained glass screen for their fireplace for Christmas and the colors were just as the picture showed - very awesome!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Dog Mother
    I did ask my sister last night and she said she has ordered a number of different things and they all have been what they were represented to be. My other sister got my mom some stuff and it too was just what they wanted. Julia ordered my parents a stained glass screen for their fireplace for Christmas and the colors were just as the picture showed - very awesome!

OK, thank you so much! I really think this is the perfect area rug for my new L.R. My furniture came yesterday and I LOVE it! I'm not going to reveal it though until my room is complete! I also love my prints I finally found. I didn't realize how PICKY I am about my art! LOL! Well, I'm going to have to wait until next week after payday to order my rug. I sure hope they still have them in stock!