Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please Keep Starr In Your Thoughts & Prayers:Update: Biopsy Results!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyBogart
    Just a quick update: Starr checked in and he's resting in his cage right now. He wasn't thrilled about being put into the cage but he settled down quickly. He was a good boy for his blood draw too.
    Thanks for the update Cathy. I know he's in good hands. I still don't know when he'll have his surgery tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be in the morning so I won't be worrying about him all day. I won't be able to update here until Mon. night when I get home and I may also be able to go and visit him tomorrow too.

Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate all of your concerns.

I just saw this thread. Poor baby! I'll ask St. Francis to keep an eye on him today.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Tracey, Starr's "twin", older brother, Butter, and I are sending many, many prayers your way. We hope that the source of Starr's problem can be found and he will be on his way to a 100% healthy life.

Love,
    Logan and Butter

Please Keep Starr In Your Thoughts & Prayers

Oh my dear poor wittle baby Starr.. Best of Luck & of course Me & the girls send lots of Prayers & Huggss.. Keep us Posted ok Tracey..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Hope things went well today for Starr... poor little boy! Gentle hugs and scritchies to you when you come home! I hope that they can find out what is making Starr sick and repair so he'll feel better for good!

Prayers and good thoughts for Starr!!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Hugs, Starr! Hope you are on your way to a happy healthy life!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers still on the way for Starr!

Update On Starr

My vet called me at around 2pm today and let me know that everything went very well. It went so well that I was able to pick Starr up tonight instead of tomorrow. His tummy is shaved and he has buried stiches which will dissolve. He doesn't need to wear an e-collar either. He's on pain medicine, antibiotics, and a form of pepcid for his gas problem. The vet said that he's been having a lot of gas.

He was also a little dehydrated last night so he was given some IV fluids. On the way home he had an accident in his carrier. He peed all over himself so now his tail is all wet and he smells pretty bad. Luckily the bottom of his carrier had a litterbox liner and a puppy training pad on top of that so it absorbed most of the accident. I tried to dry him off but I don't want to mess with him too much because he's not feeling well.

Storm greeted him with a big hiss which is normal for Storm. The others just wanted to smell him and Pearl wanted to mother him. He still doesn't want to eat yet so hopefully by tomorrow morning he'll be more like his old self. I gave him a dose of his pain medicine and I'm supposed to also give him his pepcid and antibiotic tonight as well but they are chews that are chicken flavored so they look like treats. If he isn't hungry then I can't give them to him. I hope he likes them and will gobble them up.

The vet said that she saw some inflammation which is what she expected to see but she also saw what looked like some scar tissue too. This may be from him having diarrhea for such a long period of time. If I remember correctly she also saw some swollen glands which she also decided to biopsy. I sure hope that these aren't tumors. She took tissues samples from 5-6 different places and will call me with the results on Wed. as soon as she receives the results. It's so great to have a vet call you with information and not always be the one having to call to try to get the information. My other vets office never called and I had to always call and bug them about everything.

Thanks for all of the continued prayers. I really appreciate this. Please continue to keep Starr in your thoughts and prayers. He has a long road of recovery ahead of him. His birthday is this coming Thurday and he'll only be 2 years old. I was hoping that he'd be better by then but at least I'll now know what's causing his problems. I'll continue to keep you updated when I can.

I'll attach a few pictures of him because one is quite graphic. Here he is relaxing after a dose of pain medicine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starr's Surgery-3-19-07 001-resized&cropped.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	34793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starr's Surgery-3-19-07 007-resized&cropped.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	34794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starr's Surgery-3-19-07 009-resized.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	34795  

Continued prayers on the way for Starr! I hope he feels better soon

Ouch! Look at that sore belly. Poor Starr, I sure hope the vet calls with some good news and a quick remedy for you. You've suffered for so long.

Continued prayers and positive thoughts.

From Decker with Love

I'm glad to hear that Starr's home. ~~~ healing vibes for the little guy ~~~
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Oh poor Starr!! That tummy looks really tender. I hope that the vet finds all things can be taken care of easily, and that nothing is seriously wrong. He's so young to be so ill. Gentle hugs and chin rubs for the sweetie. Sophie just came and sat down and is looking at Starr's pics with me. She is purring him some get well vibes.

Starr looks so happy to be home.

Feel better soon, Starr.

I just saw this thread...and I send out my best wishes for Starrs' quick recovery.

Abby just wanted to let Starr know that last fall she also shared his "shaved belly with stiches" look too, and he will be alright and back to himself in no time.
    ----->>>> LOOK Starr....I look just like you!!!

and look what else they did to me.......

Starr, make sure you listen to your Meowmie and take your treats (medicine) like a good boy, as I am sure she will take extra good care of you , love Abby

PS...all of my fur has grown back beautifully ...... as yours will too
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright