Thread: Recalled Cat Food site

Recalled Cat Food site

A friend forwarded this to me. It has a link for recalled catfood and dogfood. It's all by the brand of the food. I was amazed at the number of products with recalls on them.
    http://www.menufoods.com/recall/index.html
    Last edited by jennielynn1970; 03-17-2007 at 07:57 PM. Reason: only cat and dog food...

Here is a list specifically for the Iams and Eukanuba foods that are being recalled. They are not listed on the MenuFoods web site but rather the Iams site.

http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/data_r...RecallList.htm

Owned by Booboo, Magic, and Shadow
    RIP my precious Panther, BooBoo, and Shadow. Mommy misses you!
    ------------------

I didn't see anything specifically relating to human food, although Wheat Gluten is used in human foods.

Where did you see this?
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

My bad, it's just cats and dogs... My friend had said people food was the
    first link, but I checked it out, and it's not. I'll edit the first post.

Think we need to combine threads.
    #1 in here
    and
    #1 in cat general under pet food recall
    and
    #1 in other "general" Major Wet Food Recall

There is good information in all there areas about this problem.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

The brand I feed has been recalled ... is there a list of pet foods that have not been recalled?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I wish there was.

I can almost guarantee Wysong won't be found on the recall list. They don't use low quality ingredients like wheat gluten. (Most of their ingredients are organic though you won't find that on the packaging. I found that out through asking the company questions about their sources. ...they use mostly their own farms for their products.) All of their products use ingredients that are human consumption quality... because they mostly make human products.

I'd think just about any of your higher end products should be safe. Just read the ingredient lists.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    The brand I feed has been recalled ... is there a list of pet foods that have not been recalled?

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    I bought a few cans of Nine Lives at the supermarket yesterday. THe label says that Nine Lives is a Del Monte product and it does have the AAFCO statement on it. That should hold us till I can get to Petco or Petsmart and figure out a better alternative.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678