Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poodles June13th 1995 to March 14th 2007

Unhappy Poodles June13th 1995 to March 14th 2007

A friend on another BBS told me about this site and that you would understand what I am going through. My cat Poodles wasn't eating, drinking, or acting normal.
    This Wednesday I saw her laying on the dining room carpet and somehow knew her time on earth was getting very short. I took her to the emergency vet services. I knew in my heart that I would be taking only her empty shell back with me.

The vet did a physical check and found several problems but needed to do x-rays and blood work to narrow it down. When he put the x-ray up I knew it was the end. A huge liver tumor that had spread to her lymph noids and her right lung was so full of either tumor or fluid that it just looked like white fuzz instead of black the way the other one did.

I held her while they injected her. The vet listened to her heart and said the two words I will never forget, "she's gone". He pet her head a little and then gave me some time alone with her.

I buried her the next day I dug the hole myself. I felt that I had to do it and no one else. She is under a lilac tree and come spring the area will be covered with strawberry plants.

I still have her litter mate and sister who I am spoiling right now. She hasn't acted like she knows her sister is gone yet.
    Last edited by pengy; 03-16-2007 at 10:31 PM. Reason: put wrong birth date

I am so sorry. That was very brave and kind of you to bury her yourself. I hope someone is there with you to give you a hug.

I'm so sorry to hear about Poodles passing. No she's pain free and playing up at Rainbow Bridge.RIP sweet Poodles.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Rest in Peace sweet Poodles.

From Decker with Love

I'm very sorry to hear of Poodles passing, and there are many on here who know exactly what you are going through. I can only offer my thoughts at this time, we are thinking of you.

Rest in peace, pretty Poodles.
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome, take solace here, we are the ones who understand.

Poodles has left this earth, leaving you sweet memories to last, until you are reunited, at the Rainbow Bridge. One Fine Day.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You proved your love for Poodles by doing the last act of kindness for her that you could. All memory of pain and suffering is gone and she'll greet you one day at the RB. Everyone here at PT understands and most of us have experienced it. So our prayers are w/you. A candle burns for you both.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Unhappy

Poodles had such a good life with you, and wants you to know that shes a Pet Angel now.Shes got her wings and is going to be the Guest Of Honor at the St Patricks Day Party tonight!
    She is sad that you will miss her , and wants you to know that she will drop in and hopes that you give another Cat a chance at the life that she loved so much.
    And she knows that this is temporary and that she will see you once more in a happier better place.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so very sorry that you lost Poodles. My heart goes out to you. I lost my Maxie 3 weeks and 1.5 days ago and the pain is still fresh. I'm glad you buried Poodles under the lilac tree. From now on until forever, when they bloom you'll always remember the good times you had with Poodles.

RIP sweet Poodles.

Take care.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that all of us here on PT understand your pain and loss, and we are here to help you in easing the pain. Poodles is pain free once again, playing at the RB, and watching over you and your family.

RIP sweet Poodles, RIP.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

I am so sorry about Poodles. My Taz is the same age and I can only imagine how hard it is on you.
    Rest easy Poodles.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Unhappy Wow thats sad

Wow. How sad. Its good that her suffering has ended. I am sure she wouldn't want you to be upset. Look after yourself at the mo I am sure thats what she would want. You will never forget her but the pain will drift away. You will miss her every day but it wont rule your life soon! Put a flower on her grave for me please!
    Have you got any pictures of her I can have please?
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    RIP Sweet Poodles, it's obvious your meowmie loved you so very much to the very end. I know it's hard, Pengy, I've been there. I lost my Goldie to a liver tumor almost four years ago and I still miss her. I was there at the end too and it's so hard. Your Poodles was with you for a long time. Just know you did the right thing as she is now at the Rainbow Bridge, pain free and waiting for you until you two reunite again.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Unhappy

Good friends are so hard to lose! Sleep softly, dear Poodles...
    Nine is Fine!!