Thread: ~~Stinky Gas ~~

~~Stinky Gas ~~

We have a 2+ year old boxer/bulldog mix which we adopted about 8 months ago.
    We feed him Science Diet Sensitive Stomach and have tried other brands that are supposed to help with tummy problems. He gets no people food and the only treats he gets are milkbone type bones as a reward when we are training him.
    However, he is a real stinker. Sometimes we have to ventilate the room after he "let's loose."
    I know that bulldogs have a tendancy to be gassy, but does anyone have any suggestions (food, supplements...etc) that may help with this terrible odor or is it just something we have to live with???
    Thanks!
    Best Regards, J.B. and Olive the Dog!

Try adding a tablespoon of plain yogurt to his food. I have a gassy guy too. It seems to help.

Quote Originally Posted by greendoor678
    We have a 2+ year old boxer/bulldog mix which we adopted about 8 months ago.
    We feed him Science Diet Sensitive Stomach and have tried other brands that are supposed to help with tummy problems. He gets no people food and the only treats he gets are milkbone type bones as a reward when we are training him.
    However, he is a real stinker. Sometimes we have to ventilate the room after he "let's loose."
    I know that bulldogs have a tendancy to be gassy, but does anyone have any suggestions (food, supplements...etc) that may help with this terrible odor or is it just something we have to live with???
    Thanks!
    Pick up some chlorophyll tablets. That might help take some odor out. You'll probably have to mash em to a powder and sprinkle it on the food.

Quote Originally Posted by dragondawg
    Pick up some chlorophyll tablets. That might help take some odor out. You'll probably have to mash em to a powder and sprinkle it on the food.
    Where would I find chlorophyll tablets?
    I will also try the yogurt.
    Both are great ideas.
    Any other feedback is appreciated!
    Best Regards, J.B. and Olive the Dog!