Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Help Needed - My Three and I need help :(

Desperate Help Needed - My Three and I need help :(

Hey everyone!!

I've missed you all!!! I've been lurking here and there, but not usually posting, because of all that's been going on with me and my situation. Which...is actually what this thread is about.

For those that don't know...I'm going through a divorce and had to move back home with my mom and step-dad. Unfortunately, my cats are not welcome here - and never will be, no matter what I do, no matter what ANYONE does. I've been told that if I even try bringing one into their home (garage, back yard, etc.) I'd be living in my car.

The reason I'm living with my parents is because I have a chronic illness that has tried very, very hard to destroy my life. I'm only 28 and refuse to allow that to happen.

In the mean time, I have three innocent cats that are victims of MY circumstance. I've placed Jonah and Micah - both going to live with their Auntie CiCi, so at least that's positive.

I have tried EVERYTHING I know to do. I've asked everyone I know in person - at work, school, church, my mom's work, family. I've asked my parents to put the word out, friends to put the word out. I've created posters and emailed them to every person in California that I know to post in their workplaces, schools, coffee houses, churches, ect. I haven't had ONE call!!

The only "bite" I got was someone at my mom's work who had 3 children. At first it sounded pretty good because my mom said this woman was very respectable - she got the feeling her kids would be polite, etc. Then...the woman told my mom that, "my kids aren't sure if they want cats in our house". Um, no!!! I told mom to LOSE her number and tell her thanks, but no thanks.

So, I come to you, my PT family for advice. What do I do?? Did I mention that I have to have Phoebe & Basie (who are at my "friend" Carol's house in her garage in a very large kennel) and Noah (living with David, my soon to be ex-husband) out by the end of this month???

CiCi cannot take anymore - not even just to give me more time and Carol reminds me of my March 31st deadline/pickup date almost daily now. (hence the "friend" above) All my other friends/family either can't have cats/animals because of lease issues, allergy issues (like, as in throat closing and dying, not just the sniffles) or because they have large dogs.

I just don't know what to do. I can't get all emotional, it wont help, I have to figure this out, but I need help. Based on my financial situation (thanks, David!!!!) I know I'll be at mom's house for about a year, at the most. Then I'll be able to take them all back and put all this behind us.

Anyway, I only have until the end of this month because David is losing his jov in June and his lease is up this month. He's moving in with his friends for a few months and he can't take Noah, he's already having to rehome Hermione (to his sister) and Noel (to his parents - this really makes me uncomfortable, his parents are nice and all, but they don't view animal care like we do. )

Here are the specifics:

Phoebe:
    • 3 1/2 years old (DOB: 07/25/03)
    • Weighs approximately 8 pounds
    • Very gentle, sweet, well behaved
    • Only shy/stand-offish when you FIRST meet her, then, you become apart of her world.
    • Is polydactyl - need to trim a tiny, curved nail in between her toesies weekly
    • Has a rare eye condition that she's adapted to and is growing out of. (YAY!!) Need to keep saline eyes drops on hand just to keep her eyes moistened.
    • VERY good at using the litter box
    • Here's a picture...

Basil
    • Will be 5 years old on May 29
    • Weighs approximately 9 - 10 pounds
    • Very gentle, sweet, a sucker for bellyrubs and attention
    • When first meeting, he's shy, but once he gets to know people, he's like velcro!
    • Is healthy outside of his kitty allergies/asthma, which we think may be seasonal and/or due to litter dust. He acts as though he's been beaten after you pill him with antihistamines, but they help.
    • Fabulous at using the litter box
    • Here he is...

Noah
    • Will be 6 years old on May 12
    • Weighs approximately 16 - 18 pounds (He's a Maine Coon Mix)
    • With the right person, Noah is very gentle, sweet and a huge sucker for bellyrubs, being brushed with hooman hair brushes and extra love.
    • Noah is going to be VERY HARD. Something - we have no idea what, happened and then one day, when people would come over, he'd act like he'd REALLY WANT them to pet him and give him love - and when they would respond to him, he would either hiss/growl or even lunge!!
    • We figured out that if ignored, no matter what he does to get the attention, Noah returns to the Noah we (David and I) raised and everything is fine - you can even pet him!
    • Noah is a healthy boy! The only "issues" he has is his fur. He has a very thick undercoat that matts very easily. Brushing helps a lot.
    • And here he is...

I cannot tell you how much my heart aches for my life to return back to normal...to where it belongs.

I really, really, really need some help. If anyone knows anyone at all with a spare room that is willing to help me, I’ll be forever grateful. Seriously, PT is my very last hope. I’ve asked everyone I know – and I only found CiCi and Phil to help. I will provide everything needed, accept for the living space (meaning WHERE they will live until we can be reunited), food, beds, toys, vet costs, etc.

Anyone with any ideas can PM or email me at [email protected]

Thank you, thank you a hundred THANK YOUs for even reading my thread. If you know ANYONE that has a spot – please think of my three. You all know all that’s been going on with me in the past few years, its pretty much sucked – but what has enabled me to get through all the crappy parts is knowing my PT friends care about me and pray for me (even when I’m gone for a while because I just don’t like constantly bringing people down), the others are my sweet fur angels. I hope that when God sent them to me, He meant to send them to me for the duration. I really, really, really need them and while right now they deserve so much better, I’d like to think they’re willing to stick it out until everything gets settled. Oh how my heart aches for them.

Love, Kelly
    Last edited by NoahsMommy; 03-09-2007 at 11:22 PM.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Kelly, I am so sorry to hear things are not good for you still

I wish I could help, but other than my prayers and hugs I cannot. I am certain that with PT prayers and all of us putting our heads and paws together, we can come up with a solution.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Hello Kelly,
    I have sent you a PM. I am hoping I might be able to help, depending on where you are.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am not in the position to help sweetie but I do want you to know I'm thinking and praying for you..
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Kelly, I wish I lived in a much larger place so I could help but I don't. Hopefully you'll be able to find a temporary place for all of them. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Kelly, how heartbreaking for you. Prayers that some PTer's can foster, as you say, it only takes one room to temporarily house a cat (or two).
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee
    Hello Kelly,
    I have sent you a PM. I am hoping I might be able to help, depending on where you are.
    Yes, knowing which part of California would be a help.

Have you asked your vet? Sometimes the vet assistants are willing to lend a hand; you just let the vet know the situation.

I am too far away to be of help, but let us know where in CA, if Taz Zoe can't take all of them!

I wish I could help, but I'm on the wrong coast. Hugs and good luck, though.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Yes, knowing which part of California would be a help.
    I hope no one gets mad for me answering this but I don't know when Kelly will be back online.
    Kelly lives in the Simi Valley area and the cats are within an hour or so of there. I think...
    I answered for Kelly one time when she was in the hospital and got accused of ruining a thread - but Kelly is a dear friends of mine I have stayed at her house when she was on her own, so I am a bit protective.
    Her cats are simply precious.
    Even No-NOah with his weird issue curled up and slept with me the first nite I was there. I know they desperately miss their mommy.

Yeah, I kind of figured out where she lives and it's over 5 hours away from me. I'm not sure if she'd want any of them that far away from her. She hasn't answered my PM's yet.
    I hope she figures something out for them.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee
    Yeah, I kind of figured out where she lives and it's over 5 hours away from me. I'm not sure if she'd want any of them that far away from her. She hasn't answered my PM's yet.
    I hope she figures something out for them.
    of course I can't answer for her but I will tell you that she is taking a CPR class today from 1:30pm to 5:30pm (CA time)
    if you want her cell number - PM me and I'll give it to you.

Oh Kelly, I have been wondering how you have been. I am so sorry to hear that you also have to place your babies. What a horrible situation to be in. I can't even imagine how this must be for you. It saddens me that with all the people you have asked to help you out, hardly anyone has stepped up to do so.

I am also to far away to help but I will be sending big time Prayers your way that everything will turn out for you and your babies in the end.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} dear girl.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

OMG, I'm so sorry! I was wondering how you were doing, and I'm heartbroken to read this update. I wish there was anything I could do to help. I'll keep you and your poor kitties in my thoughts and hope that a miracle will happen to make the circumstances of your life easier.

(((HUGS)))
    Kirsten

Oh Kelly,

I am SO sorry you have to deal with such heartbreak. You've been through so much. Your kitties are gorgeous!! Noah tugged at my heart strings. If there is anyway you can get him to me, I'd be glad to foster him till you can find a place. I know it's a longshot honey, but it's the best I can do.

I'm thinking of you sweetheart. You and your furkids will be in my thoughts and prayers. And please, if there's ANY way you can get him to me, I'll be more than happy to help anyway I can. If you want, I can contact my friend, Carolyn, the president of the Maine Coon Alliance Rescue Network.
    She might know of someone in your area who can take Noah. Let me know.

((((((((HUGS))))))))

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm just a state away, and if it weren't for my dad being a butt-muncher and not letting me take in another cat, I would have been so happy to help you! Buuut... I've still got to find a job, and graduate high school, etc before I could have any power at all to help you out.

I'm so sorry this is happening! I dont' know what I'd do if I ever lost my babies.

^Boyfriend^.....^Me!^...............^Clover^...... ........^Echo^